House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattW

How Much Is That House?

My link

Interesting little game. I only got 54%. Most of my valuations were well below the actual sale price. Must mean I'm a true HPC-er! :DB)

I scored 72%. I should be a realtor, or estate agent!, as you say here It's the London ones that totally gobbed me out! :blink: How much? :o

43%.

I guessed that the first 10 or so were around the £160k mark, as that is the about the average house price in the UK.

I then guessed the place in Wandsworth was 'worth' £3m as it is in London and probably near enough to Young's Brewery to be able to smell it. It had a garden wall and some shrubbery. I used to live in Wandsworth as a student, and IIRC garden walls and shrubs were good for pi**ing on on the way home from the pub. There is also a handy local prison, which I guess is another kind of local amenity.

There were a couple of places (Barnet I think) where either the subsidence is a real problem or the photographer could not stand up straight, but my valuations of £10k were apparently wide of the mark.

Of course, if the question had been 'What would you pay for these scruffy, charmless, pokey, dated little hovels?", my answer would have been a lot lower.

Nonetheless, the final score declares that my estimations are 'better than an estate agent'.

Although I imagine the 'estate agent' in question is Gavin Sproat of Penge, who scores infra-red on the autism spectrum.

43%.

I guessed that the first 10 or so were around the £160k mark, as that is the about the average house price in the UK.

I then guessed the place in Wandsworth was 'worth' £3m as it is in London and probably near enough to Young's Brewery to be able to smell it. It had a garden wall and some shrubbery. I used to live in Wandsworth as a student, and IIRC garden walls and shrubs were good for pi**ing on on the way home from the pub. There is also a handy local prison, which I guess is another kind of local amenity.

There were a couple of places (Barnet I think) where either the subsidence is a real problem or the photographer could not stand up straight, but my valuations of £10k were apparently wide of the mark.

Of course, if the question had been 'What would you pay for these scruffy, charmless, pokey, dated little hovels?", my answer would have been a lot lower.

Nonetheless, the final score declares that my estimations are 'better than an estate agent'.

Although I imagine the 'estate agent' in question is Gavin Sproat of Penge, who scores infra-red on the autism spectrum.

The brewery is gone, in 2007, Mr Renting. Young's fine ale is now made by Charles Wells of Bedford! :blink:

72% here too.

London prices are appalling.

The only way I could work in London, is on a self employed basis! And I would have to charge a hefty rate! Otherwise no, I'm not going! :huh:

Know one house well......not that long ago it was selling in the region of £90k.....if it rises by the same percentage over the same time.....we will all be going to the moon. ;)

The brewery is gone, in 2007, Mr Renting. Young's fine ale is now made by Charles Wells of Bedford! :blink:

Pity. I did a tour of the brewery in my student days (1970's), which ended with a very nice pint at the brewery tap. They even had a small farm in the middle of Wandsworth, with all the dray horses, plus their mascot ram.

The buildings were interesting and historic. Are any of them preserved?

Pity. I did a tour of the brewery in my student days (1970's), which ended with a very nice pint at the brewery tap. They even had a small farm in the middle of Wandsworth, with all the dray horses, plus their mascot ram.

The buildings were interesting and historic. Are any of them preserved?

I imagine it could be flats now! I remember the brewery horses, delivering beer, for the needy, In other words, the "soon to be drunk"!

Such noble animals that Caesar should be worthy of their company! Many a time these noble warriors, dumped their load before the nose of my vehicle as I was stuck behind them on the Wandsworth Road! It was a gift from God, and I always needed a few pints!

I could not afford to live there now! It's all gone "bonkers"!