HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

1. Buy an acre

2. Divide into 13 plots

3. Build a moveable structure

4. Occupy for 28 days, move it to next plot

5. Rinse and repeat.

Looks legal in the UK as far as I can see.

Structures like that would place limits on occupancy though, wouldn't they? Like a holiday home? 10mnths (or summat.) max?

It is a great link. thanks to the OP.

HOLA447
HOLA448

1. Buy an acre

2. Divide into 13 plots

3. Build a moveable structure

4. Occupy for 28 days, move it to next plot

5. Rinse and repeat.

Looks legal in the UK as far as I can see.

Nice Idea, you could put a mobile home on wheels or buy a double decker to convert.

The problem is the planning officer and council can put a restriction on the whole parcel of land. I have heard about this happening before on the fieldtofarm forum.

HOLA449

Nice Idea, you could put a mobile home on wheels or buy a double decker to convert.

The problem is the planning officer and council can put a restriction on the whole parcel of land. I have heard about this happening before on the fieldtofarm forum.

Its basically if someone informs on you and UK is a nation of informants.

HOLA4410

What a great story. I love the way he calls it a cabin - it's as least as big as 90% of new-build in the UK!

The enclosed part of the house appears to be 20' square with a 10' square bedroom off the back. So 500 sq ft plus a crawl space above the bathroom, less if those are the external dimensions of the house. Actually that's apparently not far off the mark for a 1-bed in the u.k. it seems:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22152622

I'd find it a bit small, not enough storage space for all the stuff I've acquired over the years, but he's since built himself a pretty large garage and workshop, which would do me fine.

As others have said, it's a bit depressing in that we live in the least developed country (by land area) in Western Europe, and yet any attempt to build such a charming, eco-friendly house on a little plot here would almost certainly get brutally stamped upon :( .

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413