House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JPJPJP

Do You Eat Fried Spam And, If So, What Thickness Slice Is Best?

Just googled this stuff. Is this pink slime?

I think do. I dont think I have ever eaten it in my life, but I have also never eaten the cardboard packaging from breakfast cereal, or the inside of toilet rolls, so I am obviously a gastronomic wimp compared to many HPCers.

I think do. I dont think I have ever eaten it in my life, but I have also never eaten the cardboard packaging from breakfast cereal, or the inside of toilet rolls, so I am obviously a gastronomic wimp compared to many HPCers.

You've missed out then, it's really nice.

Hmmmm ... spam fritters. We had them (as an option) in "halls" at uni in my 1st yr many yrs ago ... usually for Sunday night supper. (Thinner is best I would say.) Lovely and tasty, but wouldn't eat them now ... for health reasons. (They were really, really greasy!)

Just googled this stuff. Is this pink slime?

Yes! I agree with Centurion Forte! :blink:

I was delighted earlier this year to find a chippie that did deep fried Mars bars so I ordered my first ever. Very rich, like a caramel-flavoured Christmas pudding.

Having ordered that and the fish and chips I then spotted they did spam fritters as well so had one of those too :)

I think I put on half a stone that day. Fortunately it's about an hour's drive away so it's only going to be if I'm the vicinity.

I've just looked it up[1] on mysupermaket: Spam is more expensive than pork!

Why would you buy it? Unless it's to accompany the tins of beans and corned beef in your bunker?

[1] Looked up the price, that is. I remember it from the 1970s. Along with tinned peas and carrots and other substances passed off as "food" at the time.

Why would you buy it? Unless it's to accompany the tins of beans and corned beef in your bunker?

[1] Looked up the price, that is. I remember it from the 1970s. Along with tinned peas and carrots and other substances passed off as "food" at the time.

Spam fritters are fantastic! Ignore the Monty Python silliness.

For the taste. This thread has made me hungry and tonight's meal will be fried Spam, baked beans (cooked with a large knob of butter until mushy) and chips :D.

I was delighted earlier this year to find a chippie that did deep fried Mars bars so I ordered my first ever. Very rich, like a caramel-flavoured Christmas pudding.

Having ordered that and the fish and chips I then spotted they did spam fritters as well so had one of those too :)

I think I put on half a stone that day. Fortunately it's about an hour's drive away so it's only going to be if I'm the vicinity.

I'll bet that hour's drive worked off the calories Frank! :blink: I'll bet you don't have powered steering!

I'll bet that hour's drive worked off the calories Frank! :blink: I'll bet you don't have powered steering!

Sadly I do. Like electric windows it's something I would rather not have as I want to be in charge of my car, hence my looking at a Dacia Sandero which definitely has wind-up windows and hopefully non-power steering.

Sadly I do. Like electric windows it's something I would rather not have as I want to be in charge of my car, hence my looking at a Dacia Sandero which definitely has wind-up windows and hopefully non-power steering.

I had a Volvo with no powered steering! It was the DL, not the GL model! Parking it was better than going to a gym! ;)

Now that Winter is coming, I shall get out the pressure cooker and make big stew! I shall use veg from the greengrocer, and lentils and chicken thighs! Cheaper than chips, and far better than spam! There seem to be a few spam-fans here. Each to his own I guess? :blink:

So you're going to restrict yourself to only going every other day then?