House Price Crash Forum

The Hpc Mantra - House Price Rises Are Bad - Seems To Be Getting Through To The Masses...

Lennon

HOLA441

According to a new Poll - http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3290/Public-House-price-rises-are-not-good-for-Britain.aspx

A new Ipsos MORI poll for Inside Housing has found nearly three times as many Britons disagree than agree that rising house prices are a good thing for the country.
Just under a quarter (23%) strongly disagree that “Rising house prices are a good thing for Britain” while a further third (34%) tend to disagree. A fifth (20%) either strongly agree or tend to agree that price rises are a good thing.

HOLA442

According to a new Poll - http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3290/Public-House-price-rises-are-not-good-for-Britain.aspx

A new Ipsos MORI poll for Inside Housing has found nearly three times as many Britons disagree than agree that rising house prices are a good thing for the country.
Just under a quarter (23%) strongly disagree that “Rising house prices are a good thing for Britain” while a further third (34%) tend to disagree. A fifth (20%) either strongly agree or tend to agree that price rises are a good thing.

I don't know many people now that talk about how much money they are making on their house.

They talk about how much debt they are in, how they can't afford to live, how they are not going on holiday, how things need to get better soon or they will be ****ed.

Unless you live in London of course :lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444

I don't know many people now that talk about how much money they are making on their house.

They talk about how much debt they are in, how they can't afford to live, how they are not going on holiday, how things need to get better soon or they will be ****ed.

Thats all i`m seeing/hearing sentiment has changed so gidiot take note the scores on the doors are 3 to 1 and the voters you are targeting can`t get rid of their kids

HOLA445
HOLA446

I rent in London, and people here are definitely talking about how much money they are making on their house. It doesn't bother me though, the London bubble could burst at any time and I definitely don't want a slice of that.

HOLA447

Okay so here's what I'm seeing and its not exactly inspiring confidence...

Sentiment turning as described

Overhearing people talking about how close they are to edge financially/folks they know who have gone bust etc

More nutters hanging around shifty (begging for coins, leaving needles lying around etc)

Big losses coming in public sector, and desperation sinking in, poor collection rates, manipulation to force government hand etc

Looking at houses advertised for quick sale at same price paid in 2004 (ten years of standing still if overpaid)

People telling me to rent not buy, that's a new one!

Oh and the VI going all in...

Do I want to buy anything right now? No thanks

Edited by 23rdian

HOLA448

Lots of feathers on the HPI chicken...not much meat.

If somebody is telling you how good it is to BUY, it underpins just how bad they want to SELL.

Houses can make a high-school drop-out and even an ex-con rich. Why bother being smart or honest?

It follows that the housing market is for mugs...unless you are buying in cash with big discounts.

HOLA449

Lots of feathers on the HPI chicken...not much meat.

If somebody is telling you how good it is to BUY, it underpins just how bad they want to SELL.

Houses can make a high-school drop-out and even an ex-con rich. Why bother being smart or honest?

It follows that the housing market is for mugs...unless you are buying in cash with big discounts.

Agreed.

Nice to see you again btw.

HOLA4410

On R4 this morning, there was an economic forecaster commenting about the new growth figures.

When asked about house prices, he said "rising house prices were evil.... it just moves wealth from the young to the old and rich". He then went on to say that building more houses is the solution, not lending more money.

What I like about it was that it wasn't really challenged, just pointed out as a matter of fact.

HOLA4411