House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

All Time Premier/ Old Division One League Table

Guest eight

For the stat junkies like me.

I suppose if you gave some weighting to league titles, FA cup and European titles plus attendance (adjusted for position in league) you would probably get an even more accurate ranking.

My team, Derby at 15.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/all-time-table/

My team, Sunderland, have probably dropped five places since the weekend.

It's those "who?" clubs that I love.

54 Bradford Park Avenue

61 Darwen

64 Glossop North End

All premier league clubs at one point. I think BPA went bust but are still going in non-league, Darwen rings a faint bell from FA Cup early rounds. But Glossop North End is a total new one to me; a quick google shows them still going in The North West Counties Football League. If they were my local club I'd support them, purely for the knowledge that they used to be in top division many many years ago.

54 Bradford Park Avenue

61 Darwen

64 Glossop North End

All premier league clubs at one point. I think BPA went bust but are still going in non-league, Darwen rings a faint bell from FA Cup early rounds. But Glossop North End is a total new one to me; a quick google shows them still going in The North West Counties Football League. If they were my local club I'd support them, purely for the knowledge that they used to be in top division many many years ago.

Also, in the 2nd tier you have New Brighton Tower, Middlesbrough Iron and Leeds City.

I wouldn't want to bump into a coach load of Middlesbrough Iron fans at a Motorway Service Station.

54 Bradford Park Avenue

61 Darwen

64 Glossop North End

Cambridge United withe the genius John Beck in charge were in the play-offs to make it to the first season of the Premier League. God forbid.

Guest eight

Also, in the 2nd tier you have New Brighton Tower, Middlesbrough Iron and Leeds City.

I wouldn't want to bump into a coach load of Middlesbrough Iron fans at a Motorway Service Station.

They've never troubled the football league, but I reckon Stone Dominoes have the best name of any football team in the World. Closely followed by Bolivia's The Strongest FC.

I am biased - but i still think Heart of Midlothian is a fantastic name.

We also have one of the best badges on the planet.

Guest eight

What about Young Boys? Oh wait, wrong thread.

Ah yes, Young Boys of Bern. Play at the *****dorff stadium.

Is it representative of clogged arteries and coronary heart disease?

Its a Scottish tradition !!

Cambridge United withe the genius John Beck in charge were in the play-offs to make it to the first season of the Premier League. God forbid.

He was quite a "pioneer" in what he did...he used to keep either touchline very long, so wingers couldn't be used...

He was quite a "pioneer" in what he did...he used to keep either touchline very long, so wingers couldn't be used...

And made ballboys only wipe the ball for home throw-ins.

He's recently been given a key FA coaching role.

http://www.theguardi...eck-fa-coaching

Best name - how about Osburton Radiators

Best stand ever as well.

g64.jpg

Best ground name - Lewes - The Dripping Pan. (lovely liitle ground too)

It will come as no surprise to my Dad that Man U only came in at number 4. He was brought up in an era when City were the big Manchester club and the Trinity of power was shared between the Arsenal, Villa and Everton. He really hates Man U.

Man U and even Liverpool to some extent are the upstarts of the modern era sharing out the success since the 70s.

Meanwhile you could say that the other big clubs of Spurs and Chelsea have been consistent both pre and post war.

Big surprise to me is West Brom at 11 (would have thought more like 25) and Wolves demise down the ranking from being one of the big boys especially during the 1950s.

It will come as no surprise to my Dad that Man U only came in at number 4. He was brought up in an era when City were the big Manchester club and the Trinity of power was shared between the Arsenal, Villa and Everton. He really hates Man U.

Man U and even Liverpool to some extent are the upstarts of the modern era sharing out the success since the 70s.

Meanwhile you could say that the other big clubs of Spurs and Chelsea have been consistent both pre and post war.

Big surprise to me is West Brom at 11 (would have thought more like 25) and Wolves demise down the ranking from being one of the big boys especially during the 1950s.

I think the table is a bit misleading, and not put together particularly well.

They should have normalised the points for a win to either 2 or 3 as this discriminates against clubs who were successful in the 'olden days', and they should have divided each column by the number of games. If you do this I think Liverpool and man united are pretty much nailed on to be 1 and 2, having won 25 of the last 40 league titles between them.

Manchester United.

The table is sorted by total points so more games = more points.

If you sort it (correctly) by points per game then Manchester United FC are top by a wide margin of 1.4 to the scouse on 1.34

B)

Manchester United.

The table is sorted by total points so more games = more points.

If you sort it (correctly) by points per game then Manchester United FC are top by a wide margin of 1.4 to the scouse on 1.34

B)

That's the way it should be if it's a table of the best top league sides, can a club be considered a top club if it gets relegated every other season?

Wouldn't make a huge difference to the bigger clubs but it's fair that Everton are up there as they have been in the league for a long time without relegation (as have Arsenal).

I wouldn't argue that Manchester United had a claim to be at the top of a biggest club list, equally Liverpool and also Arsenal all for various different reasons.

I think arsenal are the only team to have never been outwith the top division ?