House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Nuclear War Almost Started In 1983

old news, most people knew about this years ago, Daily Mail looking for filler stories

I got a job once via a local recruitment agency, the head of which was a former Vulcan Bomber pilot.

He always took successful candidates to dinner once they got the job, a nice touch, but anyway when I met him he told me not only about this but another incident in the late 70's where the Russians massed a huge number of troops and tanks at the border over the period of a few months, looking like it was a massive invasion force. He said at the time that was the closest we had come to WWIII.

After a few weeks the troops and tanks were moved back again, but he said it was pretty close to nuclear war.

I got a job once via a local recruitment agency, the head of which was a former Vulcan Bomber pilot.

He always took successful candidates to dinner once they got the job, a nice touch, but anyway when I met him he told me not only about this but another incident in the late 70's where the Russians massed a huge number of troops and tanks at the border over the period of a few months, looking like it was a massive invasion force. He said at the time that was the closest we had come to WWIII.

After a few weeks the troops and tanks were moved back again, but he said it was pretty close to nuclear war.

A colleague of mine would have been doing his National Service in the Polish army back then! He has a few stories! :huh: