House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GinAndPlatonic

My Inheritence

DESK OF MR.SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI,

EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR,

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

OFFICE +234-8090938095

Dear C.B.N Beneficiary,

In this Year 2013, your payment of $8.3m in CBN is not UNCLAIMED. The Federal Government has threatened to confiscate the funds, but as the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, I decided to release the funds to you in CASH PAYMENT for delivery agent to deliver to your residence.

This is to inform you that your delivery agent by name AGENT. OMAN COLLINS has arrived with your cash consignment box value $8.3 million dollars in USA and he is now on TRANSIT at (Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Minnesota, USA).

I want you to know that you have 24 hours to call him now with his line (612) 454-6705 and also email him: agentomancollins121@gmail.com please ensures that you follow the instructions of the diplomat to enable him to clear your consignment from the US CUSTOMS and have smooth delivery to your residence. As he has been waiting to hear from you to help him complete this delivery to you today.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE, your $8.3m inheritance funds was loaded into the two trunk box as a consignment, but i did not tell the delivery man AGENT. OMAN COLLINS about the content of the 2 TRUNK BOX for security purpose. Please do not tell him to avoid running away with your funds. On no account should you let him know about the content of the consignment to avoid greed.

Most importantly, you are advised to send your full data to him, which include your Full Name, Current Residential Address, Direct Cell Number, and A copy of any identity card to verify that you are the right receiver to avoid mistakes. Send it via his above email address once you receive this email to enable him to deliver your cash consignment to your house without any further delay or mistake.

Note; that you must call me as soon as you receive this email for more discussion, my direct line is +234-8090938095. I appreciate your good sympathetic and collaboration, Hope hearing from you swiftly.

ON BEHALF OF CBN, I APOLOGIES FOR ALL THE DELAY AND INCONVENIENCES IN RELEASING YOUR FUNDS. I BELIEVE YOU WILL REWARD ME AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THE FUNDS.

THANKS,

MR. SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI,

EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR,

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

OFFICE +234-8090938095

Hmm ... I know some of the scams work some of the time, but this one hasn't really got a chance I would say!? (Cos I didn't even really understand it!)

So what happens do you think? You phone the number and then how do they 'score'? (Maybe their just sell ur ID details on?) Can you reply to see what the next step of the 'game' is ... for our entertainment? :lol:

Hmm ... I know some of the scams work some of the time, but this one hasn't really got a chance I would say!? (Cos I didn't even really understand it!)

So what happens do you think? You phone the number and then how do they 'score'? (Maybe their just sell ur ID details on?) Can you reply to see what the next step of the 'game' is ... for our entertainment? :lol:

They want you to call or e mail..one thing leads to another, then when they believe they have your trust, they ask you to bank transfer some money to them to release the funds...it`s purely administration costs of course.

PS I cannot bother to reply. I have played along before for a few e mails or so but I cannot keep the pretense up very long. However I did hear a story about someone in the States I think who played a scammer along for many, many months, by pretending to believe them and then offering excuses one after another as to why he forgot a detail or two or forgot what he should do next etc etc. He wrote a blog about the experience, with all the e mails shown as they were sent and received.

I played along with a boiler room scam for a couple of weeks, when it came to the "take" I said that's great thanks, but I always check on Motley Fool before buying any shares so let me do that and call me back tomorrow.

That was (obviously) the last that I heard from them or any other boiler room. I think they put me on a blacklist.

If you want some laughs, read 419eater.com. I remember one thread where they managed to get the conman to send naked photos of himself!

I played along with a boiler room scam for a couple of weeks, when it came to the "take" I said that's great thanks, but I always check on Motley Fool before buying any shares so let me do that and call me back tomorrow.

That was (obviously) the last that I heard from them or any other boiler room. I think they put me on a blacklist.

A good list to be on! :huh:

If you want some laughs, read 419eater.com. I remember one thread where they managed to get the conman to send naked photos of himself!

I was on those forums while the classic Anus Laptops sting was playing out, and it was a complete joy. I still laugh about the death threats now! :D

http://listverse.com/2010/09/11/10-great-scam-baiting-operations/

The one I still get is when they telephone you to tell you that you have a virus in your computer. I have been known to keep them talking as a wind up but now cant be bothered.

Was at the boozer yesterday watching football - advert at half time for some insurance scam nonsense or similar. Felicity Kendal was in it. So i called up their free phone number and asked to speak to felicity.

Lasted about 2 minutes before she told me to check on Google for pictures :lol:

I'm guessing a few confused elderly women might fall for this. Had one elderly relative who used to send thousands of pounds a year in release fees. They soon get onto the suckers' list and she actually used to be thrilled going through all the mail every morning.

Was at the boozer yesterday watching football - advert at half time for some insurance scam nonsense or similar. Felicity Kendal was in it. So i called up their free phone number and asked to speak to felicity.

Lasted about 2 minutes before she told me to check on Google for pictures :lol:

But, CCC, you haven't told us if you would do Felicity? Not like you.:)

I dabbled on 419 for a few Months back in 2006 when I was waiting for a new job to start.

I took on a couple of new persona's via disposable email addresses and drop box phone numbers (disposable numbers where they can leave a message which you can access over the net). Was great fun and I managed to get scammers waiting for me both at Brussels airport one Saturday (I was supposedly flying in with the cash) and at Ouagadougou airport for the Air France Paris flight which lands at 3.00am.

The trick to get them biting is to keep them thinking they are one step away from the money.

My pen name was Logan Berry and I had a secretary called Sally Bobjob.... Not once did they catch on.

After a few emails exchanged they usually get to asking for a small amount of cash (as some sort of admin fee) to be paid via Western Union..

I used to email them say I had paid the money and attaching receipts like this one.

westernuni.jpg

If they ever asked for a picture of me I would send them one of Peter Sutcliffe. Or another of some non descript bloke stood alongside a Porcshe or Ferrari.

Of course they complained that they couldn't read it but you always passed that off down to their poor quality internet ect, once they thought you were 'sincere' and wanting to give them money you had them hook,line and sinker.

I still have some of the material I used on my hard drives, such as made up British Airways flight tickets (used to follow through a booking to just before the payment stage and take a screenshot of the booking top email them. kept them hooked and waiting at airports at sillyoclock in the morning.

I dabbled on 419 for a few Months back in 2006 when I was waiting for a new job to start.

I took on a couple of new persona's via disposable email addresses and drop box phone numbers (disposable numbers where they can leave a message which you can access over the net). Was great fun and I managed to get scammers waiting for me both at Brussels airport one Saturday (I was supposedly flying in with the cash) and at Ouagadougou airport for the Air France Paris flight which lands at 3.00am.

The trick to get them biting is to keep them thinking they are one step away from the money.

My pen name was Logan Berry and I had a secretary called Sally Bobjob.... Not once did they catch on.

After a few emails exchanged they usually get to asking for a small amount of cash (as some sort of admin fee) to be paid via Western Union..

I used to email them say I had paid the money and attaching receipts like this one.

westernuni.jpg

If they ever asked for a picture of me I would send them one of Peter Sutcliffe. Or another of some non descript bloke stood alongside a Porcshe or Ferrari.

Of course they complained that they couldn't read it but you always passed that off down to their poor quality internet ect, once they thought you were 'sincere' and wanting to give them money you had them hook,line and sinker.

I still have some of the material I used on my hard drives, such as made up British Airways flight tickets (used to follow through a booking to just before the payment stage and take a screenshot of the booking top email them. kept them hooked and waiting at airports at sillyoclock in the morning.

I once kept one talking for eight minutes. You are the class in this field.

But, CCC, you haven't told us if you would do Felicity? Not like you.:)

She looked very fit for her age to be fair.

westernuni.jpg

:lol: good one.

Like one of the posters said though some elderly just seem unable to resist the requests. I saw a chap on TV who would not listen to his daughters pleas to stop , and was sending money regularly to Nigeria, draining his bank account.

I don't know - some people are so gullible. There was a poor woman on TV the other day - scammed by some bloke pretending to be an American serviceman - relatively small sums at first but later asked for £4000 urgently. She didn't have it, so went to ask bank manager for a loan. He told her he thought it must be a scam,but she STILL went ahead, borrowed the money and sent it. What really amazed me was that she felt able to admit it on TV. There must be so many more who are too embarrassed ever to tell anyone how they've been taken in.

Also I hear of loads of cases of people with early stage Alzheimer's who fall for all sorts of scams. It can be a nightmare for the families.

Also I hear of loads of cases of people with early stage Alzheimer's who fall for all sorts of scams. It can be a nightmare for the families.

Gordon-Brown-216x300.jpg

here's one that despite many telling him he was delusional, spunked billions.

I thought this bloke was remarkably brave to come forward. Hopefully it will stop some others getting duped.

A postman told today how he sank into depression and debt after losing £130,000 in an internet scam involving Nigerian fraudsters.

Shane Symington described how an apparently innocent friendship that he formed with an American woman through the MySpace website turned into a 'nightmare' as he started handing over money.

The 32-year-old said he was friends with 'Angela Gates' for several weeks in the spring of 2007 before she suddenly started asking for money to pay for her mother's funeral and medical expenses.

He said the requests then carried on for money to pay for legal fees so that the woman, who called herself Angela Gates, could free up land that she had inherited apparently worth $2million.

He said: 'I feel sick from it all, I feel disillusioned, they have just played on my good nature. I've lost my life-savings, I have two loans and credit card debts, I'm in huge debts because of all of this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1116067/Postman-loses-130-000-savings-Nigerian-internet-scam-duped-friend-met-MySpace.html

I thought this bloke was remarkably brave to come forward. Hopefully it will stop some others getting duped.

http://www.dailymail...et-MySpace.html

You make a good point..

The Russians are king at these sorts of scams and often set up false persona's on dating sites with the intention of luring susceptible people in. Usually starts off with some inncocent banter over the course of a few weeks with the exchange of photo's getting ever more risque.. Leading to cybersex ect

They will spend weeks luring the mark in before they kick off with the requests for money..

In many cases a group will share a 'mark' so often they will not even be chatting to the same persons ever time.

One thing you can be sure of is they don't look like the person from that DM article..

article-1116067-0312265E000005DC-954_468x326.jpg

419 Has a section on winding these scammers up as well as this place..

http://www.romancesc...vladbaiting.htm

I'm guessing a few confused elderly women might fall for this. Had one elderly relative who used to send thousands of pounds a year in release fees. They soon get onto the suckers' list and she actually used to be thrilled going through all the mail every morning.

Confused elderly men, too!

:lol: good one.

Like one of the posters said though some elderly just seem unable to resist the requests. I saw a chap on TV who would not listen to his daughters pleas to stop , and was sending money regularly to Nigeria, draining his bank account.

I know somebody who sends off for all these free gifts / you've won £20k stuff. She's nice but a bit simple and her elderly husband has pretty much given up (old and tired) and can't manage to stop her. She thinks of all the good she could do with £20k, she doesn't even want it for herself. She must be on every list going and I fear it's a matter of time before some serious losses that will affect the both of them, currently it's more paying £20 for a "gift" that's worth 20p. He's tried explaining to her that they're fraudsters but she doesn't get it because they seem so nice, and it's only a matter of time before she wins her £20k and can do lots of good with it, and because it's her (inherited) money he can't really stop her.

Shame to see it happening. Ironically £20k is not a lot to them, but she still pursues it.