House Price Crash Forum

Trick Or Treat - Trick!

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

Halloween seems to have been a bit of a damp squib this year, loads of stuff unsold in the pound shop and virtually no mention of it in the media or on here.

Still, it has produced this heart-warming story. And don't the comments agree!

Woman wielding fake knife handed trick or treat children real lamb's heart when they knocked on her door

Children ran away screaming when they realised the heart was real

Nine to 12-year-olds were chased by woman wearing blood-stained apron

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483609/Woman-wielding-fake-knife-handed-trick-treat-children-real-lambs-heart-knocked-door.html

I used to do bobbing for apples whne I were a lad, doesn't that happen anymore?

HOLA442
HOLA443

Didn't happen here Frank! Thank Goodness! I was going to answer the door in a gas mask and Luftwaffe coat, and underwear only, covered in lard! :huh:

HOLA444
HOLA445

Halloween seems to have been a bit of a damp squib this year, loads of stuff unsold in the pound shop and virtually no mention of it in the media or on here.

Still, it has produced this heart-warming story. And don't the comments agree!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483609/Woman-wielding-fake-knife-handed-trick-treat-children-real-lambs-heart-knocked-door.html

I used to do bobbing for apples whne I were a lad, doesn't that happen anymore?

Oh, dear, that did make me laugh. I bet she can expect a few tricks in return, though, the odd dog turd on doorstep, etc.

It wasn't a damp squib around here -so many little kids round in first hour thought I was going to run out of goodies. But the little b*ggers took every last tube of Smarties - I was hoping for at least one left over. :(

Grinning demon pumpkin which I put in the window will be made into spicy soup later. Waste not want not...

HOLA446

You shoudl only wear that when shopping in Asda! :P

My family were never members of the Shutzstaffel, Frank! Just the Luftwaffe! :blink:

HOLA447
HOLA448

Nope. We're all Americans now. Didn't you know? ;)

Somehow, Mr Hovis reminds me of something, very British indeed. A "slap up meal"! I can't remember whether it was the Dandy, or the Beano, but it's a two foot tall pile of mashed potatoes, with sausages sticking out of it! :o

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Never have done the halloween thing.....did do the building of the bonfire and the guy thing, but never did like fireworks and still don't...neither do the animals. ;)

Are you getting confused in your old age, Winkie, and I assume you are a lady, and not a bloke? :blink:

I'm having a bonfire, to celebrate the persecution of Catholics soon! Nothing to do with the eve of "All saints' day", which has gone BTW! ;)

HOLA4411

Somehow, Mr Hovis reminds me of something, very British indeed. A "slap up meal"! I can't remember whether it was the Dandy, or the Beano, but it's a two foot tall pile of mashed potatoes, with sausages sticking out of it! :o

Yep, I remember the mound of mash 'n' sausages thing, but as I used to have both the Dandy and the Beano, I can't say which. Quite likely both. Happy days. :)

HOLA4412

Are you getting confused in your old age, Winkie, and I assume you are a lady, and not a bloke? :blink:

I'm having a bonfire, to celebrate the persecution of Catholics soon! Nothing to do with the eve of "All saints' day", which has gone BTW! ;)

....yep, to be burning all that dead wood brought down by the winds...poor old souls. ;)

HOLA4413

I have been described as behaving like I'm living 50 years ago, I don't know if it's dropping Latin phrases into conversation, active dislike of gadgets and technology, interest in make do and mend and foraging, or my total failure to follow any popular culture since about 1991. I live in hope of finding a woman who will share my love of Will Hay films (which are even before my parents' time!).

Not worthy of its own thread but Count Arthur Strong is on Loose Ends of the wireless now, a programme I've not listened to since Ned Sherrin died. Although I'm struggling to hear it over the fireworks!

HOLA4414

Yep, I remember the mound of mash 'n' sausages thing, but as I used to have both the Dandy and the Beano, I can't say which. Quite likely both. Happy days. :)

Do you not think the "young people" of today are happy? :blink:

They look happy to me! They will have different challenges! ;)

HOLA4415

I have been described as behaving like I'm living 50 years ago, I don't know if it's dropping Latin phrases into conversation, active dislike of gadgets and technology, interest in make do and mend and foraging, or my total failure to follow any popular culture since about 1991. I live in hope of finding a woman who will share my love of Will Hay films (which are even before my parents' time!).

24pe4qg.jpg

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Not worthy of its own thread but Count Arthur Strong is on Loose Ends of the wireless now, a programme I've not listened to since Ned Sherrin died. Although I'm struggling to hear it over the fireworks!

I have the whole boxed set on DVD, I think there is one missing though! It's the one where he teaches Nazi boys to be "British"! :blink:

But I do have "Windbag the Sailor"! From 1936!

That woman is out there somewhere, but I think it will require a "nude clog fight", to see which of us is "worthy"? :(

HOLA4418

The sort of meal consumed by Alf Tupper - The Tough of The Track, prior to his many Olympic victories over cheating foreigners.

HOLA4419

The sort of meal consumed by Alf Tupper - The Tough of The Track, prior to his many Olympic victories over cheating foreigners.

That was the "Victor"! I was far too posh for that! My imaginary uncle had a Wolseley! I bet Mr Renting's "imaginary uncle", had a Daimler or something even posher! :lol::blink:

HOLA4420

One of my neighbours is a Filipino Catholic and he seems to be quite worried that we`ll chuck him on the bonfire

HOLA4421

HOLA4422

One of my neighbours is a Filipino Catholic and he seems to be quite worried that we`ll chuck him on the bonfire

I!

That is not in the "Book of Pin"! It is not the way of Pin! Fairness is the way! :huh:

HOLA4423

Alf's staple was Fish and Chips

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alf_Tupper

The Victor had quite a few tales of working class boys struggling to make it on a world dominated by silver spoon toffs. Braddock VC was another.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Braddock

It is strange how some of the themes from the comics of my childhood are resonating again in the current world.

Archived