House Price Crash Forum

Extreme Yoga Fanatic Drowned In Quarry Trying To Catch Hypothermia To Achieve ‘Enlightenment’ Through Near Death Experience

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

Tragic. I suppose that these things have always happened. I can see it being put down to the internet (being a regular reader of the David Icke forum I can see it causing people problems!) but it very clearly says that he was reading lots of books on the subject. One of those sad things.

Mods - please merge with the inevitable IRRO thread on this story.

An extreme yoga fanatic drowned in a quarry after an experiment to achieve enlightenment through a 'near-death experience', went tragically wrong, an inquest has heard.

Spiritualist Luke Monrose believed that by pushing his body to its limits and catching hypothermia he could 'unlock the secrets of the afterlife'.

The 27-year-old hoped to see the future, acquire psychic powers and enjoy an out of body experience - known as astral projection - by nearly dying.

But his risky experiment went tragically wrong and a coroner today ruled Mr Monrose 'died as a consequence of a near-death experience which resulted in physical death'.

The inquest heard the popular and sporty youngster became obsessed with near death experiences, meditation and spirituality.

Before plunging into the flooded clay pit in St Austell, Cornwall wearing a life jacket and goggles, Mr Monrose submerged himself in the bath to practise.

His body was discovered in the pit two days later.

Cornwall's Coroners' Court heard Mr Monrose was obsessed with aliens and theories about the afterlife, as well as being an avid follower of conspiracy theorist David Icke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480115/Extreme-yoga-fanatic-drowned-quarry-trying-catch-hypothermia-achieve-enlightenment-near-death-experience.html

HOLA442

Tragic. I suppose that these things have always happened. I can see it being put down to the internet (being a regular reader of the David Icke forum I can see it causing people problems!) but it very clearly says that he was reading lots of books on the subject. One of those sad things.

Mods - please merge with the inevitable IRRO thread on this story.

An extreme yoga fanatic drowned in a quarry after an experiment to achieve enlightenment through a 'near-death experience', went tragically wrong, an inquest has heard.

Spiritualist Luke Monrose believed that by pushing his body to its limits and catching hypothermia he could 'unlock the secrets of the afterlife'.

The 27-year-old hoped to see the future, acquire psychic powers and enjoy an out of body experience - known as astral projection - by nearly dying.

But his risky experiment went tragically wrong and a coroner today ruled Mr Monrose 'died as a consequence of a near-death experience which resulted in physical death'.

The inquest heard the popular and sporty youngster became obsessed with near death experiences, meditation and spirituality.

Before plunging into the flooded clay pit in St Austell, Cornwall wearing a life jacket and goggles, Mr Monrose submerged himself in the bath to practise.

His body was discovered in the pit two days later.

Cornwall's Coroners' Court heard Mr Monrose was obsessed with aliens and theories about the afterlife, as well as being an avid follower of conspiracy theorist David Icke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480115/Extreme-yoga-fanatic-drowned-quarry-trying-catch-hypothermia-achieve-enlightenment-near-death-experience.html

When I post it I'll send them a message.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I don't want to be uncaring, but what a complete knob.

Hypothermia is horrible! I've tried it! Went to visit a mate at Keele University. About 20:00,I think I'll go home back to London now, on a motorbike, and it was February. Got home about 04:00, absolutely frozen through!

HOLA447
HOLA448

Hypothermia is horrible! I've tried it! Went to visit a mate at Keele University. About 20:00,I think I'll go home back to London now, on a motorbike, and it was February. Got home about 04:00, absolutely frozen through!

You maniac :lol:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

You maniac :lol:

Long time ago, but as I passed the Walsall exit on the M6,and for the first and only time in my life, I wished I lived in Birmingham! :blink:

What is it about 27? A lot of pop stars etc, seem to pop off at that age! Usually by accident!

Unfortunately, "seeing the future" is one thing this bloke missed out on! :blink: Still a sad story, but being stupid will get you in the end. ;)

HOLA4412

You are my mate from Cambs and I claim my £5..

(He tried something similar. Had to feed him beer to defrost, seemed the reasonable thing to do)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

You are my mate from Cambs and I claim my £5..

(He tried something similar. Had to feed him beer to defrost, seemed the reasonable thing to do)

Probably whisky might work to dilate the blood vessels, and let some heat in. Beer might make you want to make you wee, which is inconvenient when you can't find your willy. :huh:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I don't want to be uncaring, but what a complete knob.

I'm guessing he missed the bit in all those NDE accounts where the person experiencing the NDE also experiences some combination of being taken out of harm's way, hooked up to life-support equipment and resuscitated.

I think I am seeing the flaws in his plan.

HOLA4419

I went for a swim at 8am in loch Tay last week.

Was very pleasant.

This bloke sounds like a bit of a Pussy. I certainly assume he is not a sweaty.

Seen people swimming in the sea, off Scarborough on new year's day. I guess the water is warmer than the air? :blink:

Doesn't sound very "wise" to me, but each to their own.

HOLA4420

Seen people swimming in the sea, off Scarborough on new year's day. I guess the water is warmer than the air? :blink:

Doesn't sound very "wise" to me, but each to their own.

Per somebody who did their research in this sea water around our coast is at its warmest in November, though I'm taking her word for that! I was in up to late September this year.

I've certainly read that the water's much colder in May than it is for any of these Boxing Day swims.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

hope you had a spotter.

As in a person to keep an eye on me ? No. I don't go far out just more along the shore. Wetsuit too so if any cramps etc just lie back and float .

And yes for lakes etc September or start of October is warmest time. The more you do it the more you get used to it. Only took me a few heads in the water last week for me to be comfy and ready to go.

HOLA4423

Yeah - we're not long past the time of year for warmest sea temps.

That said, November pretty much marks the end of my sea dips.

I walk or cycle to a nice bit of beach with no road access that's usually deserted. Often swim alone and in isolation - parallel with the shore and don't think it's too reckless.

And, you know what - if I'm wrong and that's the way check out then it's a far better end than most people have.

HOLA4424

Yeah - we're not long past the time of year for warmest sea temps.

That said, November pretty much marks the end of my sea dips.

I walk or cycle to a nice bit of beach with no road access that's usually deserted. Often swim alone and in isolation - parallel with the shore and don't think it's too reckless.

And, you know what - if I'm wrong and that's the way check out then it's a far better end than most people have.

I accept Frank and yourself have a point. It's probably got the heat from the Summer still in it! Still, it looks cold to me. Bet you feel the wind when you get out! :huh:

HOLA4425

Archived