House Price Crash Forum
tomandlu

Buzzfeed - 15 Facts That Reveal The Utter Insanity Of Britain’S Housing Market

Some good points, but quite London-centric and seems to be a call for abolishing green belts, rather than redressing systemic imbalances in the housing market ponzi madness.

Comments are a bit depressing really...we love landowner favouring planning system, everything due to one or two EVIL MULTINATIONALS (who of course, cant be named :rolleyes: ) hoarding all the land.

Where are you seeing those? There's some talk of hoarding and a few nimbys, but that's it...

Comments are a bit depressing really...we love landowner favouring planning system, everything due to one or two EVIL MULTINATIONALS (who of course, cant be named :rolleyes: ) hoarding all the land.

Yes and 'evil development and developers.' Makes me wonder how they would attack 'self build.'

Nearly weighed into a debate on a blog where 'the banks' were being blamed firstly for 'blowing up the economy' and then for 'not lending enough.'

Where are you seeing those? There's some talk of hoarding and a few nimbys, but that's it...

Jamie Marshall · Follow · Lab Demonstrator at University of Leicester

The author of this is clearly an idiot.

I think its fair to say it got an extremely mixed response. But more seem to be negative than positive.

I especially liked the lecturer spluttering over concreting over a field! with crops in it! Perish the thought.

15 16 Facts That Reveal The Utter Insanity Of Britain’s Housing Market

16. If a bank lends to a home buyer at 10x their income, then the average house price will rise to 10x average income. Lax lending is the major cause of the UK housing bubble.

As far as I can see, the maddest thing was to allow immigration.

Now we don't have anywhere for them to live, but we still let them in.

I have heard earnest politicians telling me that they are convinced that immigration can only be good for Britain.

But of course, they the politicians, were snouters, trouserers, gravy train riders with severe personality disorders.

Look what happened to that woman who tried to tell Gordon Brown!