House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Tony Blair: How I Became Prime Minister Of The World

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tony-blair-how-i-became-prime-minister-of-the-world-8909464.html

JOHN RENTOUL: Jack Straw said that he thought that the Prime Minister had too much power in the British constitutional system, and I was hoping you would respond to that.

TONY BLAIR: I learnt a lot in government, and I’ve learnt a lot since leaving government. The kind of journey of being in government is that you start at your most popular and least capable, and you end at your most capable and least popular. And that transition is really all about the education: about what government today is about. And since leaving office – I mean, by the end of this year there will probably be 20 different governments in different parts of the world that myself and my team will cooperate with. And with most political leaders the challenge they face today is not so much one of ideology, not so much to do with issues of honesty or transparency, although that is an issue in many countries, and the media tends to focus on that, the challenge is the challenge of efficacy: how do you get things done?

Count to 10 and stay calm.

The Blair Doctrine:

Democracy doesn't matter. Honesty doesn't matter. Accountability doesn't matter.

Authoritarianism is what matters.

i know John Smith had suffered a heart condition, but has anyone on here wondered if the forces of darkness hastened his end to enable Bliar's elevation?

i know John Smith had suffered a heart condition, but has anyone on here wondered if the forces of darkness hastened his end to enable Bliar's elevation?

...Mo Mowlam, Robin Cook, David Kelly.

I don't pretend to know or prove if it was down to anything more than fortunate circumstances but Blair's political biography reads like a ****ing Omen script.

...Mo Mowlam, Robin Cook, David Kelly.

I don't pretend to know or prove if it was down to anything more than fortunate circumstances but Blair's political biography reads like a ****ing Omen script.

Exactly.

No-one dreamed the Demon-eyes posters were anything but a silly failed electoral ploy, now I'm not so sure.

Mind you, his face is starting to show what's inside IMO.

JOHN RENTOUL: Jack Straw said that he thought that the Prime Minister had too much power in the British constitutional system, and I was hoping you would respond to that.

Completely ignored the question, prefering to talk about himself.

Dangerous lunatic.

He's an absolute looney. Needs locking up before he hurts anyone else.

+1000, loony and mass-murderer, even Breivik is harmless compared to Bliar

with most political leaders the challenge they face today is not so much one of ideology, not so much to do with issues of honesty or transparency, although that is an issue in many countries, and the media tends to focus on that, the challenge is the challenge of efficacy: how do you get things done?

Classic Blair, won't even acknowledge that there might be differences of opinion about what exactly it is we should be trying to do. The elite know best and everybody else should just STFU. Sadly the three main Westminster parties have continued along these lines since Blair left office. There are no policy debates in UK politics anymore, just questions of who is best able to deliver "mainstream politics".

The Blair Doctrine:

Democracy doesn't matter. Honesty doesn't matter. Accountability doesn't matter.

Authoritarianism is what matters.

...but it's not authoritarianism.

god told him to do it.(well actually no, god supposedly told the pope,who told blair to do it...not exactly direct accountability)

...unless of course you are the pope....in which case taking on the mantra as gods vicar means you are in the hot-seat if things go pete-tong too.......as recently witnessed by ratzinger.

he did not resign..he was dismissed.

( I think the vatican doves getting savaged is something of a warning from god he ain't too happy about their conduct :blink: )

(i guess that's just as good an exuse as when the next underground bomber appears in court)

might as well be even handed about it.

either noose or loose for both of them.

Classic Blair, won't even acknowledge that there might be differences of opinion about what exactly it is we should be trying to do. The elite know best and everybody else should just STFU. Sadly the three main Westminster parties have continued along these lines since Blair left office. There are no policy debates in UK politics anymore, just questions of who is best able to deliver "mainstream politics".

...aaah, now we're getting to it.

that is precisely the same unquestioning obedience(is it out of bribery,or fear????...history says the latter) to the wacked-out clerics as the mad mullahs have.

tow the party line little lackey...or you're going to face the inquisition.

Exactly.

No-one dreamed the Demon-eyes posters were anything but a silly failed electoral ploy, now I'm not so sure.

Mind you, his face is starting to show what's inside IMO.

indeed. the eyes are the windows to the soul.

his boss(ratzinger) at the time has an evil looking soul too.

(plus blair hates cats.....as did hitler).They happen to be very good at spotting evil people, and making their lives hell.

we need guard cats on duty in the house of commons.(thankfully we now have larry taken up rsidence at number 10, but we could use a few more)

Completely ignored the question, prefering to talk about himself.

Dangerous lunatic.

But isn't that simply what politicians are good at... ignoring or deflecting the question?

I don't consider him to be a lunatic. I consider him to be a shrewd operator.

I don't really want to comment on the "dangerous" part, although if you think that our country is in more danger since we invaded Iraq, then I suppose that word would be appropriate after all.

You missed out the good son of a bitch bit.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/19/tony-blair-rebekah-brooks-phone-hacking

The advice was said to have been given on 11 July 2011 and contained in an email she sent at 4.20pm to James Murdoch, the then executive chairman of News International.

According to Brooks's note, Blair advised her to set up an "independent" inquiry, suggesting it could have "outside counsel, Ken Macdonald [the former director of public prosecutions], a great and good type".

He said the inquiry would be "Hutton style" – a reference to Lord Hutton's inquiry into the death of David Kelly – and would "clear" her, but warned that "shortcomings" would have to be accepted as a result of the report.

Pure evil. Scum.

Aye, no woman gave birth to that bloke.

He erupted directy from the arsehole of Satan, and suckled on the milk of Beelzebub's bell-end.

XYY

The first e mail brooks sent to Murdoch ,jnr he queried her use of communication ,she then followed up with detail that should not have been communicated through stored media......seems like a deliberate public involvement of blair when he would have preferred to have been left under the covers.... errrr.....allegedly

Games within games .methinks....I hope that Rupert has got something well vicious lined up for Blair for his tennis doubles with his wife , doesn't seem like a man who will live and let lie sort of guy.....

But isn't that simply what politicians are good at... ignoring or deflecting the question?

I don't consider him to be a lunatic. I consider him to be a shrewd operator.

I don't really want to comment on the "dangerous" part, although if you think that our country is in more danger since we invaded Iraq, then I suppose that word would be appropriate after all.

Our country? What about the Iraqis killed and the British soldiers? Dangerous is an understatement.

Lunatic - See above. Sane people don't kill others for their own political and personal gain. He's obviously not unique in this. The world's full of lunatics in power and always has been.

The first e mail brooks sent to Murdoch ,jnr he queried her use of communication ,she then followed up with detail that should not have been communicated through stored media......seems like a deliberate public involvement of blair when he would have preferred to have been left under the covers.... errrr.....allegedly

Games within games .methinks....I hope that Rupert has got something well vicious lined up for Blair for his tennis doubles with his wife , doesn't seem like a man who will live and let lie sort of guy.....

Could not happen to a more deserving group of people.

Lets hope there is plenty more dirt to come on this story

Could not happen to a more deserving group of people.

Lets hope there is plenty more dirt to come on this story

If there is it won't make any difference, Blair is in the untouchable class now (in more ways than one).

Murdoch's wife must be attracted by evil.

If there is it won't make any difference, Blair is in the untouchable class now (in more ways than one).

Currently yes, but this could change very suddenly (Erich Honecker or Nicolae Ceaușescu probably thought they were untouchable, too).

Even the queen isn't untouchable any more as the following news article shows:

http://www.examiner.com/article/queen-elizabeth-and-cameron-issued-warrants-for-a-paedophile-ring