House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Inventor Of Kebab Dies At 80

Great! I have another thirty years to go then! I bet he would have live longer on shish! :blink:

A friend at work had one of those calorie counter app thingies so I asked her to look up large doner. Turns out it's the same as 2 deep fried Mars bars.

A friend at work had one of those calorie counter app thingies so I asked her to look up large doner. Turns out it's the same as 2 deep fried Mars bars.

Obviously there is no such thing as the standard doner.

But the amount of fat, sat fat, salt these things contain is normally off the scale.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7841890.stm

Here is another beeb article, with another inventor who lived to 87 ?

Doner is a goner.

Lets hope he doesnt spin in his grave.

There's the makings of sketch there ... just before the undertaker closes the coffin him asking the widow 'do you want chili sauce with that?'

But the amount of fat, sat fat, salt these things contain is normally off the scale.

It seems the medical world is coming round to the opinion that its sugar, not fat thats the enemy, but I think the amount of fat in a doner is overstated anyway. Most of it is expunged during the grilling and drips down and away. The strips of doner meat I eat dont seem to have much fat at all.

/loves doner kebabs.

//drooool

Fairly passable Doner seasoning is available on Amazon.

That way you can enjoy the great doner taste at home whilst having some certainty what species you are consuming* and maintaining direct control over the (minimum) fat content

* but not the contents of the seasoning

There's the makings of sketch there ... just before the undertaker closes the coffin him asking the widow 'do you want chili sauce with that?'

You post nonsense like this about the dead and have the cheek to scold me on another thread for using the word "sheeple"?

You post nonsense like this about the dead and have the cheek to scold me on another thread for using the word "sheeple"?

If I had actually tried to scold you you'd know the difference.

Yup.

As I said on that thread, I'm not deluded enough to try and tell people what language they should or shouldn't use.

Calm down, Gentlemen!

I am a man with no Ego! Still I'm not exactly normal! :huh:

Calm down, Gentlemen!

I am a man with no Ego! Still I'm not exactly normal! :huh:

whereas I am a man of constant sorrow

(not really)

edit: as for Ego, I have one, but we don't get on

whereas I am a man of constant sorrow

(not really)

I'm horribly cheerful! I'm waiting for the clocks to change! They should have done it a 02:00, but that hasn't happened yet! :huh:

I'm horribly cheerful! I'm waiting for the clocks to change! They should have done it a 02:00, but that hasn't happened yet! :huh:

Mornings after Autumn clock change are the best.

Mornings after Autumn clock change are the best.

Amen to that. Think I'm probably pushing my luck now though...

My missus and I have kebabs on St George's day in a nod of patriotic reverence to the patron Saint of this green and pleasant land.

I really don't know how we got Saint Yorgos of Macedonia! Look at the Georgian flag! There is something familiar about it!

That's the Church for you! :huh:

Yup.

As I said on that thread, I'm not deluded enough to try and tell people what language they should or shouldn't use.

I find Aramaic works well on Sundays.