House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomandlu

Riots - Official Prediction

Mods, feel free to delete/move (hopefully after I get my answer).

IIRC there is a semi-official organisation that has predicted large-scale world-wide riots by (I think) 2020. Anyone got any idea what I'm thinking of?

Well, I was more after a link to the report/organisation (but, yes, iirc, food was considered the main driver).

It's been posted a few times on this site, but I'm damned if I can find a reference to it.

I think the MOD did a paper highlighting threats a few years back. Had a quick search but can't find it, although I seem to remember there was a small note that Marxism may reappear.

http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/magazine/.premium-1.554263

There's this Dr here claiming to have predicted the riots in Egypt.

I think the MOD did a paper highlighting threats a few years back. Had a quick search but can't find it, although I seem to remember there was a small note that Marxism may reappear.

http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/magazine/.premium-1.554263

There's this Dr here claiming to have predicted the riots in Egypt.

If it's the same report I mentioned recently on the Russell Brand thread it's called 'The DCDC Global Strategic Trends Programme'. Only the current edition is officially available but conspiranauts have preserved the 2007-36 3rd Edition on-line e.g. here.

That's the one that talks about the 'middle class proletariat'.

It doesn't specifically refer to rioting in the wake of food sthocks but uses euphemisms such as instability and disorder.

Edited by Nuggets Mahoney

almost forgot, the UK government's chief science adviser John Beddington predicted food riots instability by 2030...

Professor Sir John Beddington's Speech at SDUK 09

He makes connections with Catastrophic? Person Made? Global Climate/ Warming/ Cooling Change and I believe he's a strong proponent of GMO (though not in the specific speech above), make of that what you will.

almost forgot, the UK government's chief science adviser John Beddington predicted food riots instability by 2030...

Professor Sir John Beddington's Speech at SDUK 09

He makes connections with Catastrophic? Person Made? Global Climate/ Warming/ Cooling Change and I believe he's a strong proponent of GMO (though not in the specific speech above), make of that what you will.

Many thanks, Nuggets - I think it's the MOD / DCDC one I was after. Question - how sure can I be that the document archived at cuttingthrough... is genuine?

Edited by tomandlu

Food price inflation played a big part in the Arab spring I think it was tunisia

And a silly house price bubble as well probably even more crazy than our one in the UK..... Which also has not really crashed when i last visited.

Many thanks, Nuggets - I think it's the MOD / DCDC one I was after. Question - how sure can I be that the document archived at cuttingthrough... is genuine?

I downloaded a copy of v.3 direct from the MoD when it was current and it's the same.

So I'm confident it's genuine.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any way I can transfer that confidence over to you :unsure:

edit: The Council on Foreign Relations links to v.3 on the MoD site (and they wouldn't lie, would they) but the link's dead :(

Guest unfunded_liability

IIRC there is a semi-official organisation that has predicted large-scale world-wide riots by (I think) 2020. Anyone got any idea what I'm thinking of?

perhaps you were thing of this:

LEAP2020

I downloaded a copy of v.3 direct from the MoD when it was current and it's the same.

So I'm confident it's genuine.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any way I can transfer that confidence over to you :unsure:

That's good enough... Ta.

You're thinking about the Kaiser Chiefs.

If it's the same report I mentioned recently on the Russell Brand thread it's called 'The DCDC Global Strategic Trends Programme'. Only the current edition is officially available but conspiranauts have preserved the 2007-36 3rd Edition on-line e.g. here.

It doesn't specifically refer to rioting in the wake of food sthocks but uses euphemisms such as instability and disorder.

Why do previous versions get pulled? It would appear a valuable source of historic opinions.

Interesting that the 29 'Principal Acknowledgements' on pages 105-6 are all men. :o