House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
workingpoor

Helptobuyguru

Cheers, followed. Other suggestions on who to follow welcome- I have at least now 'filled up my timeline' so that Twitter no longer helpfully suggests that I might like to follow James Corden :rolleyes: .

I still don't really get twitter though TBH, at the moment I just send scathing replies to politicians who make irrelevant or disingenuous tweets, but I'm sure I'm just pointlessly spitting bile into the ether. How does one go about becoming an opinion former on Twitter? Perhaps changing my handle to something other than @******* might be a start... :rolleyes:

*******changed my mind about leaving that there, as I post under my full name on Twitter. It's a silly name, is the point.

Edited by Rave

@Timebandit_

@cbhouseprices

@SYNTuesday

@helptobuy

@pricedout

No idea how to get a large following but just follow reply and you get random followers

I Am following (SYNTuesday) but if its you, frequency is a bit much #Gidllfixit

@Timebandit_

@cbhouseprices

@SYNTuesday

@helptobuy

@pricedout

No idea how to get a large following but just follow reply and you get random followers

Got a couple of random followers now (presumably from a reply I sent @ Eric Pickles), and a non-random one (waves at timebandit). Already added TB and SYNT, will add the others in a mo. Cheers!

@Timebandit_

@cbhouseprices

@SYNTuesday

@helptobuy

@pricedout

@helptobuyguru informs erm...me that he was suspended yesterday for 'too many unsolicited mentions'. He's toning down replying to people now, but how do you otherwise build a following? Seems like the point of Twitter right?! Tweeting random snippets is a lot of fun (he tells me), but nothing like as effective as replying to people.

On a side note, he says that directly replying to estate agents praising their work and seeing their replies is super stuff!

He says thanks to @markyroberts by the way for the spreading the word ;)

Cheers, followed. Other suggestions on who to follow welcome- I have at least now 'filled up my timeline' so that Twitter no longer helpfully suggests that I might like to follow James Corden :rolleyes: .

I still don't really get twitter though TBH, at the moment I just send scathing replies to politicians who make irrelevant or disingenuous tweets, but I'm sure I'm just pointlessly spitting bile into the ether. How does one go about becoming an opinion former on Twitter? Perhaps changing my handle to something other than @RuudGit might be a start... :rolleyes:

@helptobuyguru tells me (his account is growing far faster than my own personal one ever did), a little cheeky sarcasm can be distinctly more effective than angry tweeting ;)

@hotairmail is well worth a follow.

I'm on as @cheeznbreed but in all honesty I'm a dour read. I don't post a huge amount though, the serial Twitterers can swamp the other stuff in short order.

I tend to hassle politicos, hopefully in a constructive manner. Twitter offers opportunities not available elsewhere, and you know the bu$$ers will read it as they are all about vanity and Twitter plays on that - "followers". David Koresh had "followers". These pricks love the idea that they have a flock to enlighten.

You could call me a serial tweeter. :lol::P

I use Twitter regularly for breaking news, following trolls, parody accounts & venting at Politicians.

I got blocked for my comment at the new housing minster for his continuous ramping of help2buy-off.

evil_teddy_bear_normal.jpgTimebandit ‏

Another help2buy advertising & RT by @khopkinsmp We don't need another Government 'snake oil' salesman.Yes @grantshapps I'm thinking of you!

I let other Hpcers Twitters introduce themselves on here, all doing a valiant job getting tweets in underneath the comments of VI's tweets. (Give me a shout if I'm not following you)

A few of the interesting non economic/Hpcers guys I follow & would recommend.

Trolls @Jock_Bastard @OHwinsAgain @VendettaBeretta @RealPengy @WillMcHoebag

Parody @IDS_MP @Skip_Licker @JakeReesMogg @TheTweetOfGod

Worth a mention @taxbod @liarpoliticians @WelshToy @LiarMPs@BanTheBBC

Take a bow @helptobuyguru fantastic idea, very funny, hopefully we will see them trolling housing minsters. :D

Edited by timebandit