House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

In The Night Garden

I know this is going to be one of those "Yes, it's just you" threads.

Does anyone else see this?

I don't have kids.

This comes on every evening when I first put the TV on and I find myself mesmerised.

I know all the characters.

Some of the episodes have me in hysterics. "Look what's happened to the Pontypines' dinner!"

And, also, is it just me, or....

iggle_piggle.jpgDavid-Cameron-460_785047c.jpg

"I'll get me coat".

Ah yes, Iggle Piggle, the narcoleptic sailor. All harmless disturbing fun. Small kids love it. I like Makka Pakka best. Totally pointless character, who collects stones.

It's too good for children! :lol:

What about "Upsy Daisy", a medusa haired brown prostitute, with a self propelled bed?

Wouldn't you like a voyage in the Pinky-Ponk? The flatulent dirigible.

There's something "naughty" about it. :o

I believe you to be slightly older than the target audience. :unsure:

Ah yes, Iggle Piggle, the narcoleptic sailor. All harmless disturbing fun. Small kids love it. I like Makka Pakka best. Totally pointless character, who collects stones.

It's too good for children! :lol:

What about "Upsy Daisy", a medusa haired brown prostitute, with a self propelled bed?

Wouldn't you like a voyage in the Pinky-Ponk? The flatulent dirigible.

There's something "naughty" about it. :o

I believe you to be slightly older than the target audience. :unsure:

Do you think so ;)

That theme tune. I can hum that for hours.

Partner is Makka Pakka. I am, apparently, Iggle Piggle.

"Wait a minute! Someone's not in bed. Iggle Piggle's not in bed!"

As usual.

"Goodnight everyone".

Do you think so ;)

As usual.

"Goodnight everyone".

I'm up early as usual, but I imagine you are up very late. I'm doing the "night gardening! ;)

You are not alone Mark, I am hypnotised by this silly series! I want to know how much benefits the Pontypines claim! :blink:

I thought that the thread title was homosexual sex slang.

You should get the whole boxed set of "Round the Horne"! There might be some in that. ;)

I don't have kids.

This comes on every evening when I first put the TV on and I find myself mesmerised.

Some of the episodes have me in hysterics. "Look what's happened to the Pontypines' dinner!"

"I'll get me coat".

Its just you.

I couldn't stand it before I had kids but becoming a parent deems to remove the part of your mind capable of reasoning so now I don't mind it in the background.

Its just you.

I couldn't stand it before I had kids but becoming a parent deems to remove the part of your mind capable of reasoning so now I don't mind it in the background.

Don't show your kids Teletubbies then! Immensly tedious. :blink:

Seen it a couple of times. Definitely has the makings of a classic as it carefully targets both stoners and kids.

They need to put it on at lunchtime to capture the lazy student stoner audience that went for teletubbies.

And no, not seen ITNG. Though I remember somebody trying to get an Iggle Piggle as the must have Christmas toy about four years ago.

[

They need to put it on at lunchtime to capture the lazy student stoner audience that went for teletubbies.

And no, not seen ITNG. Though I remember somebody trying to get an Iggle Piggle as the must have Christmas toy about four years ago.

Yes, about four years ago would be right! I think it a classic like Bagpuss, or Will-o-the-Wisp, (narrated by Kenneth Williams). I'm still scared of Evil Edna! :blink:

Guest eight

[

Yes, about four years ago would be right! I think it a classic like Bagpuss, or Will-o-the-Wisp, (narrated by Kenneth Williams). I'm still scared of Evil Edna! :blink:

barry_humphries_dame_edna.jpg

Can't abide In The Night Garden. In fact exposure to Cbeebies in general always made my daughter a bit arsey. I'd bet good money on subliminal conditioning of some kind or other.

Do you think so ;)

As usual.

"Goodnight everyone".

Oh, get a room.

Wait... sounds like you have.

I don't have kids.

"I'll get me coat".

I was wondering what that grotesque blue thing was on a children's ride outside Tesco.

Do you think so ;)

As usual.

"Goodnight everyone".

Never heard of this. A modern version of The Magic Garden?

There's a slightly misjudged bit of humour in the youtube comments.

Iggle Piggle is Milliband not Cameron and he's giving Daisy one.

First noticed by my Brother-in-law, now I can't see it without laughing.

Makka Pakka is extremely weird, a face-washing obsessive that collects stones, wtf is that about?

Iggle Piggle is Milliband not Cameron and he's giving Daisy one.

First noticed by my Brother-in-law, now I can't see it without laughing.

Makka Pakka is extremely weird, a face-washing obsessive that collects stones, wtf is that about?

What are the Tomblyboos about? Three "blokes" that love in a tree, dressed in pyjamas. Not very normal, but kids love it :huh:

Do you think so ;)

As usual.

"Goodnight everyone".

Never seen it.

But think that blue fellow in the video needs to swot up on COLREGs and keeping adequate watches.

Never seen it.

But think that blue fellow in the video needs to swot up on COLREGs and keeping adequate watches.

Like I said! Narcoleptic sailor! :blink:

My 61 y/o dad is a fan of this- I think he and his (younger) second wife got into it babysitting her (younger) sister's kid. I've always been too hungover to pay much attention when they put it on the morning after a night out with them, but I do like the idea of a ride on the Pinky Ponk.

My niece (my brother's daughter, and hence my dad's first grandchild, rather than his nephew-by-marriage - she's only a couple of years younger, funny how things work out! :) ) is a big fan of Peppa Pig. It's quite acceptable entertainment if you've got nothing better to do.

My 61 y/o dad is a fan of this- I think he and his (younger) second wife got into it babysitting her (younger) sister's kid. I've always been too hungover to pay much attention when they put it on the morning after a night out with them, but I do like the idea of a ride on the Pinky Ponk.

My niece (my brother's daughter, and hence my dad's first grandchild, rather than his nephew-by-marriage - she's only a couple of years younger, funny how things work out! :) ) is a big fan of Peppa Pig. It's quite acceptable entertainment if you've got nothing better to do.

Yes! Your dad is wise! I'm a bit younger than your dad! Not by too much though When I get to "look after" kids, the "Night Garden" hypnotises them all, as it does to me!

It''s very imaginative, and I dunno who wrote it!! They must have done a lot of acid in the 80s!

Not sure I know about Peppa Pig? Not so funny really! Still seems popular with the little people we call children!

I think it's poor by comparison to other kids programmes of old. Might just be selection bias as a kid of the late 70s but I feel many of the shows from the early 70s-80s are very good. You forget the dross of course.

The craftsmanship of ITNG is pretty poor- the relative sizes of characters change all the time, deliberate I'm sure but doesn't work for this 36 year old.

Yes! Your dad is wise! I'm a bit younger than your dad! Not by too much though When I get to "look after" kids, the "Night Garden" hypnotises them all, as it does to me!

It''s very imaginative, and I dunno who wrote it!! They must have done a lot of acid in the 80s!

Not sure I know about Peppa Pig? Not so funny really! Still seems popular with the little people we call children!

Admittedly most of the humour in Peppa comes from Mrs Pig, who's a right feminist harridan! It's a conspiracy to indoctrinate little kids that men are all stupid! :angry: