House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

What Is It About Failed Pwoperty Developers?

Yet another "pwoperty developer" does something mad......

Comparing the incident to something from a Quentin Tarantino film, Jonathan Walker, defending, said Brassington disputed the repair bill but reluctantly accepted it.

He had established a property empire worth millions in his 20s and 30s before suffering a breakdown in 2007.

Since then Brassington has suffered from bi-polar disorder and depression.

He has a drink problem for which he takes special medication and is now alcohol free.

Mr Walker said it was a 'moment of madness' and completely out of character.

He said: 'The couple split up a number of years earlier and hadn't seen one another for some considerable time.'

He said it was not the 'hot-headed actions of someone seeking revenge' and a simple chat with his friend had 'aggravated his well-being.'

He was a voluntary patient undergoing electro-convulsive therapy treatment at the time for depression.

'He built up a very significant property portfolio from very humble beginnings and he came down to earth with a crash in 2007. He is normally an affable and intelligent young man,' Mr Walker added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2474970/Furious-father-revved-engine-smashed-luxury-pick-truck-Italian-restaurant-window-discovering-owner-having-affair-ex-partner.html

~Note: - Like so many of these people - they were ALWAYS deluded imho..... :rolleyes:

[Remember this one recently?: - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=194090&st=0&p=909413883&fromsearch=1entry909413883

Just another sad, deluded nutter...... :rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble

I think most Property Developers have an issue with control and are self obsessed, narcissistic, power hungry, egotistical, status driven, debt loving vagabonds. There. I've said it! Did I say the word to55ers?

I think most Property Developers have an issue with control and are self obsessed, narcissistic, power hungry, egotistical, status driven, debt loving vagabonds. There. I've said it! Did I say the word to55ers?

Lol

That whole earlier article portrays pure narcissism, the assuredness of the quotes describing what was after all utter utter bllshtt

+1 :P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/gardening/article-1086664/Dont-bulbs-look-great-tonight-Too-busy-garden-daylight-Chris-Brassington-bright-idea.html

His "girlfriend" -- there for ONE reason............. "MONEY". I BET she's buggered off now that his "very significant property portfolio" [HA!!!!!] is no longer.....

His hair even in the "good days" is pants.

These people who think nothing of sponging off people trying to just live a normal life - putting a basic roof over their heads - at RIP-OFF "prices" --- they deserve to FRY IN HELL.

Edited by eric pebble

Also, a lot of them have mullets. A crime beyond the pale.

Yet another "pwoperty developer" does something mad......

Comparing the incident to something from a Quentin Tarantino film, Jonathan Walker, defending, said Brassington disputed the repair bill but reluctantly accepted it.

He had established a property empire worth millions in his 20s and 30s before suffering a breakdown in 2007.

Since then Brassington has suffered from bi-polar disorder and depression.

He has a drink problem for which he takes special medication and is now alcohol free.

Mr Walker said it was a 'moment of madness' and completely out of character.

He said: 'The couple split up a number of years earlier and hadn't seen one another for some considerable time.'

He said it was not the 'hot-headed actions of someone seeking revenge' and a simple chat with his friend had 'aggravated his well-being.'

He was a voluntary patient undergoing electro-convulsive therapy treatment at the time for depression.

'He built up a very significant property portfolio from very humble beginnings and he came down to earth with a crash in 2007. He is normally an affable and intelligent young man,' Mr Walker added.

http://www.dailymail...ex-partner.html

~Note: - Like so many of these people - they were ALWAYS deluded imho..... :rolleyes:

[Remember this one recently?: - http://www.housepric...#entry909413883

Just another sad, deluded nutter...... :rolleyes:

just like he borrowed his millionaire status as a lad, he borrowed a load of excuses from a fantasy film story.

Shroedingers Fat Cat to the end.

http://companycheck....ompany/06106295

£202,101 Cash

£11,533,752 Net Worth

£1,141,566 Assets

£1,151,219 Liabilities

Control millions in assets and still be worth bugger all. Takes genius to build up a business like that.

Edited by aSecureTenant

Its a symptom of the massive misallocation of wealth caused by the bubble. Idiots (irresponsible borrowers) were given great gobs of money and smart people (responsible savers) are robbed.

Deep inside they know they don't deserve it and are susceptible to embarking on paths of self destruction. They didn't work for it, don't understand how they got it, must surely realise others suffer in order for them to have it (priced out renters), and they didn't get it gradually so didn't develop the mechanisms for dealing with it.

I have a pet theory about this sort of thing.

Back in the day (whenever that was), most people were employees. Comparitively few employers, and most of them 'knew' the risks/rules/pitfalls of running a business. You are going to get stung sometimes, you have to be careful, and B2B deals have basically no consumer type protection from the law.

Nowadays loads of us are 'business owners' of one type or another. We sell things on Ebay as a sideline (or not just as a sideline). If you were lucky (and dumb enough to not understand the massive, massive risks you were taking), you could build up a very big property portfolio, and congratulate yourself on how clever you were - rather like winning a million on a roulette wheel and thinking you are somehow a genius. BTL is a business - it is just that a great many BTL business owners don't have the first clue about the realities of running a business.

This is why you get lunatic responses like the one this character had when things go wrong. This is also why so many BTL landlords don't declare earnings, or even prepare accounts. This is also why there is such a large percentile of total idiot sellers on Ebay. Now we are a nation of wheeler-dealers, trading houses and making big profits,* this sort of thing is only going to get worse, but at least it is a good antidote to the constant 'anyone can make a profit from BTL - you can't lose' poison being drip fed by VIs the rest of the time.

*simply stealing the wealth from their children in the future.

Hairstyle aside, I bet his hair has been dyed, just like the former England Football Manager (whose name escapes me!).