House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wurzel Of Highbridge

Us Spying For Wallstreet?

There has been a lot of spying by the US. They have been spying on almost everything, I don't believe for one minuite that they can process all the data meaningfully but wonder if the spying is really feeding back data to Wallstreet, Goldman Sachs and alike.

What other real reason would they want to spy on the Germans, and the rest of the EU?

My thought are that if the US & it's banks have inside information on almost everything then the like of Goldman can make record profits of of the data and information it has stolen and it would increase US GDP and the TPTB bank accounts.

My thought are that if the US & it's banks have inside information on almost everything then the like of Goldman can make record profits of of the data and information it has stolen and it would increase US GDP and the TPTB bank accounts.

I think your first thought was the better one, GtI. Except in a few instances I suspect there's simply too much information for US spooks to process in a timely fashion to give corporate America the inside steer. One could extend this thought still further and consider the limitations of information awareness systems generally. The more complex they are, the more false positives they are likely to generate, the greater the time and effort expended in chasing shadows.

Not that it won't hurt to stay as much off-line as possible. These new initiatives I keep hearing about getting people to use email less and f2f more... coincidence? :unsure::D

Backfiring on the corps.

NSA Revelations Kill IBM Hardware Sales in China

Read more at http://www.maxkeiser.com/2013/10/nsa-revelations-kill-ibm-hardware-sales-in-china/#wxuec7UH8DQlqPXj.99

The adoption of Linux is very widespread in China. The suspicion that the big US IT cos like MS and IBM put secret spyholes in their software has seen to that.

I suspect though that the non anglosphere is sensing weakness in the US, and are confident enough to push back at them in a way that they wouldn't have done pre 2008.

Apparently they're still sifting through stuff from eavesdropping on Harold Wilson's kitchen cabinet.

There must be some other news that they're trying to divert from.

Edited by billybong