House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Russell Brand Interviewed By Paxman

I saw Russell Brand at Plymouth pavillions last night, I've totally changed my mind on him since the whole andrew sachs thing. The guys a legend.

I saw Russell Brand at Plymouth pavillions last night, I've totally changed my mind on him since the whole andrew sachs thing. The guys a legend.

Well, he's stopped drinking. Seriously, he used to be a real dick with not much in the way of redeeming qualities. Now - I'm pretty impressed.

Well, he's stopped drinking. Seriously, he used to be a real dick with not much in the way of redeeming qualities.

If thats what it takes, I may stop drinking too. :lol:

Nice observation on the contiguous architectural styling of places like Eton, Cambridge and Parliament- it's one of those subliminal truths that it takes a genuinely creative mind to articulate.

And he's right- for some that styling is an affirmation- and for others an intimidation. Clever, charismatic and genuinely inspiring- we won't be seeing much of this guy on the MSM in the future.

Nice observation on the contiguous architectural styling of places like Eton, Cambridge and Parliament- it's one of those subliminal truths that it takes a genuinely creative mind to articulate.

And he's right- for some that styling is an affirmation- and for others an intimidation. Clever, charismatic and genuinely inspiring- we won't be seeing much of this guy on the MSM in the future.

He's not articulate but he is absolutely correct. Atm, politics (and Tory party specifically) is dominated by a clique of inherited money, privately educated, Oxbridge alumni who are completely out of touch with sentiment having never experienced the real world (Osborne did a few days of towel folding "work experience").

He is very articulate and also clearly very intelligent. My opinion of him has gone up a lot after watching that.

I would vote for him over all the current politcians (even though I don't like the man or agree with everything he says).

Edited by Errol

he is still a mysogynist and talks through the back of his head. will he give up all his riches? - no I thought not.

how anyone can hold him in any esteem when there are genuinely admirable people around escapes me. :(

Yes I think he is onto something. LabourTory are a complete and utter failure, create distractions rather than address real issues. Don't seem equipped for a digital and automated age at all and seem routed in semi-feudal rentierism to preserve an old order that should have been stripped of its land and assets a long time ago.

Edited by aSecureTenant

He's not articulate but he is absolutely correct. Atm, politics (and Tory party specifically)

So you exclude Miliband who is at least a third generation trougher and Toynbee and Benn, other intergenerational troughers then? The labour party is just as bad.

B) Hooray, great to hear Brand with some spirit.

It will be interesting to see where he goes with this...

Interesting interview;

Well...... He's angry! & I can't say I am surprised. I have said many, many times on this site that I am genuinely amazed that the young don't just all get together - IN THEIR MILLIONS -- and LIE IN THE STREETS -- NO VIOLENCE - I repeat - NO VIOLENCE - and just say -- UNTIL & UNLESS the Banksters who have caused all this misery with their LIAR LOANS & LIAR SYSTEM are PUT IN JAIL with LONG sentences..... They just keep lying there.

I actually believe in PURE market forces --- But unfortunately what we have now - and have had for many years -- is NOT capitalism in any way, shape or form..... What we have right now is a Kleptocracy -- run by and for Banksters and their fellow Property "Developers".

BUT --- I reckon that - though Russell Brand is good at talking the talk --- he would not be good at the actual reality of running things.... Maybe I'm wrong --- but I can see him lynching people just because of the way they look/sound/dress....... And that is pretty scary.....

Edited by eric pebble

Frustrating to watch as I bet most won't take him too seriously. Just as you think he's about to capitalise and deliver a conclusion on the good point he makes, he completely stops his train of thought to swear or flirt with Jeremy's beard.

Changed my opinion of him though, would be good if he could just portray his thoughts a little better.

Well...... He's angry! & I can't say I am surprised. I have said many, many times on this site that I am genuinely amazed that the young don't just all get together - IN THEIR MILLIONS -- and LIE IN THE STREETS -- NO VIOLENCE - I repeat - NO VIOLENCE - and just say -- UNTIL & UNLESS the Banksters who have caused all this misery with their LIAR LOANS & LIAR SYSTEM are PUT IN JAIL with LONG sentences..... They just keep lying there.

I actually believe in PURE market forces --- But unfortunately what we have now - and have had for many years -- is NOT capitalism in any way, shape or form..... What we have right now is a Kleptocracy -- run by and for Banksters and their fellow Poperty "Developers"

We just need to take the power to create money away from them and give it to the government. Their whole system will come crashing down.