House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rave

Bottle Attack Near Brick Lane

http://www.london24.com/news/crime/video_horrific_whitechapel_bottle_attack_caught_on_cctv_1_2914323

Ridiculously Youtube have killed the video; it just shows a fight, there's no obvious gore on the grainy CCTV though the results were clearly awful. The video can be found on the Daily Mail site, you'll have to sit through an annoying 30s advert first. Anyway, I can't help but wonder if this is an escalation of the stories I read a few months ago of groups of Muslim lads roaming the streets of Tower Hamlets starting on anyone they thought looked gay and/or who was drinking on the street. I thought then that it might be fun to roam the streets wearing eyeliner and carrying a can of Spesh- and a couple of kubotans :angry: .

But as hard as I am, not sure I could take five people on without getting badly hurt myself! :ph34r:

http://www.london24.com/news/crime/video_horrific_whitechapel_bottle_attack_caught_on_cctv_1_2914323

Ridiculously Youtube have killed the video; it just shows a fight, there's no obvious gore on the grainy CCTV though the results were clearly awful. The video can be found on the Daily Mail site, you'll have to sit through an annoying 30s advert first. Anyway, I can't help but wonder if this is an escalation of the stories I read a few months ago of groups of Muslim lads roaming the streets of Tower Hamlets starting on anyone they thought looked gay and/or who was drinking on the street. I thought then that it might be fun to roam the streets wearing eyeliner and carrying a can of Spesh- and a couple of kubotans :angry: .

But as hard as I am, not sure I could take five people on without getting badly hurt myself! :ph34r:

Even though, as it has been pointed out on earlier threads, I'm 'down with the Muslims', if this turns out to have been a culturally or racially motivated attack those ****ers need dealing with, harshly. 'Our' rules of common decency, not some ignorant thugs' twisted version of what the rules should be.

Of course, Uncle Albert might suggest that back in the days when the majority of people who lived in London had actually been families (of whatever origins) who had lived here for a while this sort of stuff would have been mostly nipped in the bud as a matter of course (and that little old ladies walked the streets of the East End safely when the Krays were in charge etc etc)

btw I'm not sure many muslims were involved in these two relatively recent and unpleasant cases...

wiki: Murder of Jody Dobrowski

SE1: Murder of David Morley (barman)

27ywg0l.jpg

Hardly following the teachings of the Prophet! Just yoof, out for a fight, five to one, on a bloke that seems a bit "foreign"!

They should join the National Front.

I don't suppose the chap will want to stay in London now.. :blink:

Hardly following the teachings of the Prophet! Just yoof, out for a fight, five to one, on a bloke that seems a bit "foreign"!

They should join the National Front.

I don't suppose the chap will want to stay in London now.. :blink:

It was in the Standard last night and you've pretty much summed it up Mr Pin. They also said they attacked him after he answered them back. And yes he's thinking about not staying.

I live in east London, although not near Brick Lane.

A few days ago I was coming home from shopping and an Asian guy was walking in the opposite direction, as he saw me he suddenly had this really angry look on his face... I thought to myself oops something is going to happen here, as he went past he spat at me!

I suppose I should be grateful that's all he did.

I live in east London, although not near Brick Lane.

A few days ago I was coming home from shopping and an Asian guy was walking in the opposite direction, as he saw me he suddenly had this really angry look on his face... I thought to myself oops something is going to happen here, as he went past he spat at me!

I suppose I should be grateful that's all he did.

I hope you've reported it.

If it's not showing up in the stats then the police will feel no obligation to do anything about it and will pretend that racist incidents against whites (I'm assuming that's what you are) do not exist.

I hope you've reported it.

If it's not showing up in the stats then the police will feel no obligation to do anything about it and will pretend that racist incidents against whites (I'm assuming that's what you are) do not exist.

Yes I'm white and no I didn't report it.

It seem relatively minor at the time but you're right I should have.

Yes I'm white and no I didn't report it.

It seem relatively minor at the time but you're right I should have.

Just call 101 (police non-emergency number) and log it, I did for something fairly minor last year that I could have shrugged off but refused to let go. I felt better for having done so and, in the event of anything further happening (it didn't but you never know), it was already on police record.

Just call 101 (police non-emergency number) and log it, I did for something fairly minor last year that I could have shrugged off but refused to let go. I felt better for having done so and, in the event of anything further happening (it didn't but you never know), it was already on police record.

ask for a ref and also make sure they record it as asian AGAINST white

I agree with reporting it. If nothing else, you'll be doing your small bit to moderate house prices in the area by bumping the crime stats. :D

There is a definitely a (thankfully small) element of asian/black racism against whites in the east end of London. I used to get a few "F... off ******" while cycling home at night a few times when living there - and the only physical attacks I ever got were from black/asian gangs. I suspect it is chronically underreported.

Ironic really, as I often used to get racially abused by the local skinheads when growing up in the Midlands for presumably not being white enough for them.

Even though, as it has been pointed out on earlier threads, I'm 'down with the Muslims', if this turns out to have been a culturally or racially motivated attack those ****ers need dealing with, harshly. 'Our' rules of common decency, not some ignorant thugs' twisted version of what the rules should be.

+1. I've also got absolutely nothing against Muslims in general, or Asians- one of my oldest friends, whom I was out with all day today in fact, is half Bengali, and I know his mother well, and like her very much. I spent three weeks on the training course that qualified me for my current role with a very devout (praying 5 times a day, did the Hajj in his mid-20s) Muslim and got on with him famously. When I turned up for a late shift one day after an epic session the night before smelling of booze he didn't dob me in, or tell me I was going to hell etc., just very subtly had a word to say "I can smell it on you, watch yourself, some minty chewing gum might be in order". In return, as English wasn't his first language, I edited his application essay for the next grade up- a job that I didn't then and still don't want- and he got it :) .

btw I'm not sure many muslims were involved in these two relatively recent and unpleasant cases...

Sure, and quite- but I'm not sure that the 'happy slapping' case was fuelled by anything other than sheer nihilism- although the bloke they kicked to death was gay, it seems to me that that was incidental, as they were picking on anybody who got in their way, with shocking brutality- I think their sentences were very light, considering that they could have killed several people that night.

The Dobrowski case is an end-to-end shocker- not least because, according to your link, 'witnesses' were 'warned off'. It strikes me as a sorry state of affairs when people will apparently stand by and watch a small man get kicked to death because they're frightened of getting hurt themselves. I almost certainly have an overinflated sense of my own fighting ability since I started lifting weights, but long before I even touched a barbell I was prepared to get involved (and did, once).

This is obviously an unsolved case, and so we don't of course know the motivation for bottling and then kicking the crap out of an American student who 'answered back' and 'had his own sense of style'. But I don't think it's unfair to have a good guess.

If you do the same google search now that I did when I posted this thread you'll find that the story has been picked up by the Indy, MIrror, BBC etc. But stick the victim's name into the Guardian's search engine and you get nothing :ph34r: .

Still not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make, wasn't sure when I started this thread.