House Price Crash Forum

Britain's Bankers Expect Bigger Bonuses In 2013

HOLA441

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/10/22/uk-britain-bankerbonuses-idUKBRE99L1L220131022

The majority of Britain's financial services workers expect to receive a bonus this year and 58 percent expect the payout to be bigger than the year before, new research showed on Wednesday.

Almost a third of UK financial services workers see their 2013 bonuses growing by between 11 and 30 percent, while 35 percent predict an increase of up to 10 percent, according to a survey by financial recruitment site eFinancialCareers.

Most respondents gave personal performance as the primary reason behind the potential bonus increase, the survey showed.

Bonuses - typically paid in February and March - can make up a big percentage of pay in the industry. They became a particularly thorny issue in Britain, where many believe generous compensation led to the excessive risk taking seen in the run-up to financial crisis.

The European Union has sought to deter such behaviour with new law that limits a bonus to no more than a banker's fixed salary, or twice that level with shareholder approval. It will apply to awards from performance in 2014 and onwards.

Because the parasites are worth it.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Don't forget that most of these people are just taking what is offered as a result of voter and politician stupidity. Most of those criticising would take the money if they were offered it.

That said, I remember in one job a long time ago I said I wanted to turn down a bonus as I thought it created a conflict of interest. Was like I'd shot a kitten by the reaction I got. No system existed for NOT giving a bonus. I took the money anyway after documenting my unhappiness.

:lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449

Don't forget that most of these people are just taking what is offered as a result of voter and politician stupidity. Most of those criticising would take the money if they were offered it.

That said, I remember in one job a long time ago I said I wanted to turn down a bonus as I thought it created a conflict of interest. Was like I'd shot a kitten by the reaction I got. No system existed for NOT giving a bonus. I took the money anyway after documenting my unhappiness.

:lol:

I remember a colleague saying to me years ago, after our team received an undeserved bonus, 'If this were a medal I'd give it back'.

We weren't bankers though.