House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

Landlord's Dog Bites Postman

Stupid tw.t who's been doing the rounds on local TV and the local papers:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10747292.Dog_bite_incident_could_land_County_Durham_pet_owner_with___68_000_legal_fee/?ref=mc

Could have settled but instead went on a brainless legal goose chase, racking up the legals bills.

“People think because I am a landlord that I have a lot of money but that is not the case,” he said. “My houses are all mortgaged and many are in negative equity. The rent they bring in pays the mortgage.”

Odds on he's a slum lord.

Stupid c.nt.

If only he'd had home contents insurance, the insurance company would have found him a solicitor and paid the costs and compensation (no doubt settling ASAP as dog attack claims are rarely defensible).

He`s probably been blagging his way through life like that up until today..warms the cockles of your heart

Yep probably been giving it the big 'un for years then all of a sudden not as clever as he thought

If only he'd had home contents insurance, the insurance company would have found him a solicitor and paid the costs and compensation (no doubt settling ASAP as dog attack claims are rarely defensible).

A font of information as always. Never thought civil action as a result of dog attacks would be covered by a policy of this type.

“People think because I am a landlord that I have a lot of money

I dont know why anyone would think that. A lot of debt. Thats the opposite of a lot of money.

Many folks get debt and wealth confused. It is becoming clearer by the day.

Edited by cybernoid

A font of information as always. Never thought civil action as a result of dog attacks would be covered by a policy of this type.

Check your policy. Home inusrance policies generally do provide cover for 3rd party liability in or around them home, this often includes animal attacks.

Pet insurance also usually covers 3rd party liability if the animal causes injury or damage (and will extend cover to public spaces, not just in the home).

Amazing what is included sometimes industrial dismissal claims. Worth checking up given the government has closed down help with Tribunal fee's.

Edited by aSecureTenant

Stupid tw.t who's been doing the rounds on local TV and the local papers:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10747292.Dog_bite_incident_could_land_County_Durham_pet_owner_with___68_000_legal_fee/?ref=mc

Could have settled but instead went on a brainless legal goose chase, racking up the legals bills.

People think because I am a landlord that I have a lot of money but that is not the case,” he said. “My houses are all mortgaged and many are in negative equity. The rent they bring in pays the mortgage.”

Odds on he's a slum lord.

Stupid c.nt.

Nope mate. Just think you are a rent seeking scumbag, thats all.