House Price Crash Forum

People Who Let Their Dog Sh*t

Rigsby

HOLA441

People who let their dogs sh*t all around the village and especially outside my house really get me going. I had a bust up with one bolshy tw@t who says he refuses to pick up his dog's sh*t. I saw him a couple of evenings ago and I had a right go at him. I told him that next time I saw him, I would scoop up the sh*t and stuff it through his letterbox, but in the cold light of day maybe that is not a good idea.

Any ideas ? Filming and naming and shaming ? The council no longer have a dog warden cos of cutbacks.

HOLA442
HOLA443

People who let their dogs sh*t all around the village and especially outside my house really get me going. I had a bust up with one bolshy tw@t who says he refuses to pick up his dog's sh*t. I saw him a couple of evenings ago and I had a right go at him. I told him that next time I saw him, I would scoop up the sh*t and stuff it through his letterbox, but in the cold light of day maybe that is not a good idea.

Any ideas ? Filming and naming and shaming ? The council no longer have a dog warden cos of cutbacks.

Just scoop it up and put it on his doorstep or in his front garden, don't fling it violently, just place it politely

And for a bit of revenge, if he has a front garden, chuck some oxo cubes on the lawn and into the flower bed one night that it is raining.

Or do what a security guard/ex squaddie I once knew did. He had a problem with a neighbour's dog and applied the dog mess to the underside of his neighbour's car door handle - apparently, it sorted the problem.

The only trouble is, you have already confronted the person - and so they will have a suspect. Always best to keep quiet.

HOLA444

PIece of poisoned meat in his garden?

Not fair as not really the dog's fault, but it would put an end to the problem.

Or you could use high-powered laxatives instead, that way his dog will sh1t all over his house/garden and won't die.

HOLA445

PIece of poisoned meat in his garden?

Not fair as not really the dog's fault, but it would put an end to the problem.

Or you could use high-powered laxatives instead, that way his dog will sh1t all over his house/garden and won't die.

Punishing the dog (in any way) is not the answer. It's not the dog that is at fault.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Most impressed, at a mate of mines picks up his dog's shit with a plastic bag and puts it in a bin! Now you want neighbours like that don't you? ;)

HOLA4411

Spooky thread as there was a large 'dog-egg' right outside my front door this very morning.

Now usually I'm a cack-magnet but amazingly I managed to avoid it. On my return tonight I noticed someone else hadn't been so lucky as it had been nicely flattened. Now I ain't no Sherlock Holmes, but the distinctive tread pattern in the turd looked pretty much like that of the sole of a pair of Doctor Martens to me.

Mrs XYY has confirmed my deduction as apparently it was the new Doc's sported by our postman - and he ain't too happy about it.

Yet another reason for postmen to hate dogs...

XYY

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

My rear garden is pretty much enclosed and I have had no cat mess in the garden since I moved in. But last week I discovered that a cat had been climbing over the fence to do you know what.

So I began to urinate into a 1 litre bottle. When the bottle was full I would sprinke the bottle around my garden perimeter - basically marking my territory. You have to do this several times as it does not work on a one-off.

It works with cats. No idea about dogs.

HOLA4414

Finf out where they live, and nip along when it's dark some night and void your bowels on their front doorstep.

Of course,the thing is that you'd end up in court if you did that but for some reason it seems to be OK for people to let their dogs do the same thing.

HOLA4415

Finf out where they live, and nip along when it's dark some night and void your bowels on their front doorstep.

Of course,the thing is that you'd end up in court if you did that but for some reason it seems to be OK for people to let their dogs do the same thing.

Does anybody else get an advert for travelgirls on this thread? I can't see the connection....

Anyway, yes it's well out of order. I have a dog and always clean up after it.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Have a similar problem at the moment.

Last week, the Housing Association wrote a stock letter to all of us tenants as someone let their dog dump it's load right outside our communal doorway. :angry: Someone has placed an orange warning cone over it. :huh: I suppose until it decomposes.

My neighbours directly above me have a dog (I can hear the bloody thing running about on the inadequate carpeting - never mind when it barks!). It could be theirs that did the nasty deed but no-one can prove it.

Agree with happy_renting re: dog licences . It should put off burberry cap wearing chavs and other lowest common denominators who see having a dog as some sort of 'hard man' fashion accessory as opposed to a pet. Innit!

HOLA4418

There is a dog walker in my village who allows his dog to do it's dodar right outside this school gates. A fresh steaming poo each morning and I have been unlucky enough to step in this on two occasions and trample it around my house wasting a whole morning cleaning the carpets thoroughly. It makes me really angry and I have complained to the council who promise 'signs' and dog patrols.

HOLA4419

We had a dog sh*t outside our house once and it was so large it was still there 18 months later. It took a couple of years to completely disappear without trace.

There were a number of dog toddies on our street of the same brand and I finally discovered the culprit when I couldn't sleep one night. The owners of the house opposite used to just let their dog out on the road in the middle of the night to have a massive dump.

HOLA4420

We had a dog sh*t outside our house once and it was so large it was still there 18 months later. It took a couple of years to completely disappear without trace.

There were a number of dog toddies on our street of the same brand and I finally discovered the culprit when I couldn't sleep one night. The owners of the house opposite used to just let their dog out on the road in the middle of the night to have a massive dump.

I hope you are exaggerating! :blink:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Film him supervising his dog having a crap, post the video on youtube, then stick posters containing the link up all round the local area.

If he's much bigger (or more obviously dangerous) than you though, maybe send the vid to the council instead.

HOLA4424

My bugbear is with horse sh*t.

OK, it's not like with a dog where the owner often consciously watches the dog do it and walks away with said dog minus steaming pile. Nice one Rover. Good boy.

With horses, the stuff just sort of falls out of the back of the animal while it's walking down the road.

Forming a great big mound in the lane outside.

So you go out to the village hall for a meeting (yes we have those). It's about 300m away. Pitch dark. Literally no visibility at all as you're walking back up the lane.

Half way back up said lane your shoes make contact with something, well, soft.

And you remember what it was from the walk down there. If only you'd remembered before you stepped in it. Drawn a mental "map" of precisely where it is and managed to step around it. Or brought a torch, but then it's only 300m. What could possibly go wrong..

HOLA4425

Half way back up said lane your shoes make contact with something, well, soft.

And you remember what it was from the walk down there. If only you'd remembered before you stepped in it. Drawn a mental "map" of precisely where it is and managed to step around it. Or brought a torch, but then it's only 300m. What could possibly go wrong..

LoL

I've visited those remote village type areas before and I can just imagine what you're talking about. Does your area have next to zero street lighting? They can be eerily pitch black at night. I can't believe the mess horse-riders get away with creating. It's staggering compared to dogs.

As for dogs being allowed to poop in front gardens, this being the first time I've owned a front yard (thanks UK for pricing me out you *******), I have discovered dog poop out front. People walk their dogs in the evening here, on leads at most times. So whichever dog did it, the owner knew it was happening.

How rude & selfish some people can be.

Archived