House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Can't Upload Images

Hi,

Anyone else getting this - been trying to upload a small jpeg/gif this morning as part of a post. Each time the upload fails.

I have tried a gif and a jpg, I have made the files smaller and smaller and I have reduced dimensions. I have tried uploading from Firefox and also from Chrome.

Nothing will work.

Hi,

Anyone else getting this - been trying to upload a small jpeg/gif this morning as part of a post. Each time the upload fails.

I have tried a gif and a jpg, I have made the files smaller and smaller and I have reduced dimensions. I have tried uploading from Firefox and also from Chrome.

Nothing will work.

I didn't think you could upload images to the site, but they had to be hosted elsewhere. If I click the "Insert Image" button it asks for the URL of the image but does not offer the option to upload one from my computer. Are you seeing something different, or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Pressing "insert image" and then typing/pasting in the external URL works to embed the image.

Testing one.

Another forum I'm on lost this functionality after an upgrade. I spotted it two weeks ago and it's been put back. Maybe it's been lost here too, we shall see.

Test failed, and it used to work. I even tested it with one I've successfully uploaded before.

Fix required.

Error The server returned an error during upload

Ah, I see - the "Click to Attach Files" button.

I've been on here all this time and I've never noticed that before.

Just tried it. No, that doesn't work. Same error here.

The Avatar upload thing is broken too.

The message says something like (sorry, I'm a developer, so I really ought to have kept the exact message and should know better) "the item cannot be moved to the folder".

Appears to be a lack of write/modify permission error on the folder(s) in question.