House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

36 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

With how much invested?

Emotional investment 🤣

Frankly, I missed the fork by about a week. I bought "several" bitcoins initially after that, then topped up a few times since. Made some poor trades at peek alt-coin season, so not as far along as I could have been.

But I did follow it all and it was always obvious that once forked there wasn't any risk of losing out if the new fork took the place. It was merely another event along with many others that caused uncertainty in the space.

Currently, we seem to be repeating 2017/18 with alts trying to threaten bitcoin by being more useable and having more application and luring people in with the promise of massive gains. Is it different this time or will we see the same repeat crash once people start getting very badly burned?

• Replies 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markyh

• MonsieurCopperCrutch

• Buffer Bear

• goldbug9999

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

On 10/05/2021 at 13:20, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Yeah I missed out some gainz on this. But some you win and some you lose. 

This is what I now call the lottery ticket syndrome, yes us investors in big cap cypto will always under performing some random who took a wild a punt on a longshot, but thats no different to underperforming vs the winner of the euro millions lottery winner.

Yes I underperformed vs the actual winner but way out performed vs the average lottery ticket buyer in the same way that I have out performed the average alt speculator. 

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

Emotional investment 🤣

Frankly, I missed the fork by about a week. I bought "several" bitcoins initially after that, then topped up a few times since. Made some poor trades at peek alt-coin season, so not as far along as I could have been.

But I did follow it all and it was always obvious that once forked there wasn't any risk of losing out if the new fork took the place. It was merely another event along with many others that caused uncertainty in the space.

Currently, we seem to be repeating 2017/18 with alts trying to threaten bitcoin by being more useable and having more application and luring people in with the promise of massive gains. Is it different this time or will we see the same repeat crash once people start getting very badly burned?

If it was obvious and no risk why invest after the fork? And I am talking about the complete two years of FUD building up to the forks. I know some who cashed out their Bitcoin before the fork for fear. Even investors like Raoul Pal did so. To try to class it as a non-risk event is a gross misrepresentation of what was happening at the time. Just look at Bitcoin obituaries for a record of all the FUD.

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-obituaries/

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch
2 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

He's cashed out his chitcoin to start a crypto hedge fund. If you think he only hodled chitcoins then more fool you.

Moneys money dont matter where it comes from

Check out reddit plenty making 7 figues from chitcoins.

On 10/05/2021 at 20:17, Peter Hun said:

I blocked those nutters, didn't want to do it here as  BB is not a nutter.

@Peter HunHigh praise indeed. 😁

On 11/05/2021 at 00:34, warpig said:

My Spidey senses are tingling... if I had some to sell I'd probably sell here. 🙃

@warpigWhy sell?  I've not long finished work and spotted a nice dip.  Guess what I did next?!  Rhetorical question. 😉 Also placed a limit order on your advice. You never know, it might fall further, eh @warpig

On 11/05/2021 at 01:53, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Sorry I didn’t read the FB post as I don’t use FB. What did you say? 

👍🏼Sound judgement.  I visit once a year, if that. @MonsieurCopperCrutch

18 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

For anyone interested in a taste of what the Bitcoin OG’s like myself, @markyhand @jiltedjen lived through:

The Blocksize War: The battle over who controls Bitcoin’s protocol rules

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blocksize-War-controls-Bitcoins-protocol/dp/B08YQMC2WM

@MonsieurCopperCrutch👍🏼

7 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

OI I was there as well

😂and a few others too.  I must pay more attention too. @goldbug9999

25 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

ETH is going to $20k-$40k this run. Mark my words.

I very much hope you are right, I bought 50ETH thinking they would be a proxy for BC when I sold enough BC to use the families CGT allowances. 

Obviously a lousy proxy as currently ETH up 92% BC down 9%, just shows that sometimes blind luck is more important than knowledge (or as it turned out lack of).   

2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I very much hope you are right, I bought 50ETH thinking they would be a proxy for BC when I sold enough BC to use the families CGT allowances. 

Obviously a lousy proxy as currently ETH up 92% BC down 9%, just shows that sometimes blind luck is more important than knowledge (or as it turned out lack of).   

You'll be alright bud and do well. 👍