House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

19 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

The FCA determine who can be offered what products not the company's themselves.

Only for the little people.  High net worth investors and companies can use accredited investment means (banks) to buy Crypto ETN / ETF / Funds.   

You can try and getting accredited investment for £5k , £50k, £100k but they will most likely tell you to go away and stop annoying them.  Come back with £5m , they will be all ears. 

This made me laugh at the absurdity of it all.

A managing director is said to have quit Goldman Sachs in London after making millions at Dogecoin.

Sources say that Aziz McMahon, a managing director and head of emerging market sales at Goldman Sachs in London, has resigned, allegedly after making money on Dogecoin the cryptocurrency championed by Elon Musk whose value rose 72 times between the start of January and late last week

https://www.efinancialcareers.com/news/2021/05/goldman-sachs-london-md-dogecoin

29 minutes ago, markyh said:

Only for the little people.  High net worth investors and companies can use accredited investment means (banks) to buy Crypto ETN / ETF / Funds.   

You can try and getting accredited investment for £5k , £50k, £100k but they will most likely tell you to go away and stop annoying them.  Come back with £5m , they will be all ears. 

It's nothing to do with annoying them. FCA/EU/US rules on investor status. 

HNW is 500K euro/gbp. 1million dollars in USA. Excludes family home.

Financial professionals in relevant area who pass a list of 10 questions also qualify. This is how I qualified.

Investment trade over a certain number and value will also qualify you.

8 hours ago, markyh said:

Uh huh. it's moving in a sideways range between $50k and $60k. Has been since March.  Nowt will change until the 21 EMA on the weekly is tested and holds / fails.  That is now @ $47k , will be at $50k by months end. 

We'll find out soon.

1 hour ago, azogar said:

Your opinion is meaningless to me

So have you taken a BTC Short position? You are saying your chart shows the curve forcing BTC down from now, $56k/$57k to $20k. 

So you must have taken a short position right?  If not why not? 

1 hour ago, ubuntu said:

whenever there's a dip you apear, why? Can you do an updated one with today's price?

2 minutes ago, markyh said:

So have you taken a BTC Short position? You are saying your chart shows the curve forcing BTC down from now, $56k/$57k to $20k. 

So you must have taken a short position right?  If not why not? 

Charts are like assholes, everyone's got one. You just need a couple of crayons.

m007126888_s7?$img400$

2 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Charts are like assholes, everyone's got one. You just need a couple of crayons.

m007126888_s7?$img400$

I dont like the way the white crayon has his eyes closes, it's telling me Bitcoin is going to zero. 🤣

8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

For anyone interested in a taste of what the Bitcoin OG’s like myself, @markyhand @jiltedjen lived through:

The Blocksize War: The battle over who controls Bitcoin’s protocol rules

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blocksize-War-controls-Bitcoins-protocol/dp/B08YQMC2WM

You got both forks anyway, hardly a hardship. 

1 hour ago, azogar said:

enjoy your echo chamber guys - it's a big world out there :)

Lol. Bitcoin tops dont give you 2 months to exit at a stable level within a $10k price range,  you get a few days at the top and will be down 30% within 2 weeks. 

8 Years and 150000% gainz in bitcoin says you charts are meaningless. If we are still at $56k/$56k or higher on Monday, are you going to make your bubble 10% bigger to keep price action "trapped" within a scary dome?  

4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

The whole war added to the already constatnt FUD and put Bitcoins future in doubt. You obviously didn't live through it with such blatant disregard. Yes it all worked out in the end. 

I did.