House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

No problem BB. Just don't let anyone stop you posting Bitcoin news and links in the official Bitcoin thread. That is NOT spamming. I for one read and enjoy your posts as do others, as you're always sharing the latest news. Good or bad. 

@MonsieurCopperCrutch Thank you.  There is no way I will allow a no-coiner to stop me posting about Bitcoin. 😆

2 hours ago, warpig said:

MMT, perpetual bonds, UBI and CBDC all come after the crash... that's "their" proposed solution to the problem, that they created. We're being led down the garden path to the wood shed.

Absolutely and some of these things are already here and/or at least on their way.  I posted a a couple of videos previously re: bonds and it explained the implications of the current situation re: low/negative yields.  I think the guests were Greg Foss and maybe Andy Edsom @warpig

1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Ethereum's path to $40,000, plus 5 stock picks from Baillie Gifford

3 hours ago

2021 02 08T000000Z_559438295_RC2MOL9MK63A_RTRMADP_3_CRYPTO CURRENCY FLOWS.JPG
Dado Ruvic/Reuters

If you aren't yet a subscriber to Insider Investing, you can sign up here.

Have thoughts on the newsletter? Just want to talk markets? Feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] or on Twitter @JoeCiolli.

How Ethereum could hit $40,000

James Wang

James Wang is a crypto investor who covered artificial intelligence for Cathie Wood's Ark Invest. In an interview, he shared how he first invested in crypto and breaks down his bull case for ether. Wang also laid out a valuation framework that explains how the red-hot cryptocurrency could eventually reach $40,000.

Read the full story here:

Ex-Ark analyst James Wang breaks down his bull case for Ethereum as its token breaches an all-time high of $3,300 — and explains why it could eventually reach $40,000

Stock picks from a Baillie Gifford manager who returned 125% in 2020

Baillie Gifford

Dave Bujnowski is an investment manager for the $144.9 million Baillie Gifford US Equity Growth fund, which returned 125% in 2020. Despite growth stocks' surge in value, Bujnowski thinks investors should look at them now more than ever. He shares 5 stocks set to benefit from the end of the pandemic and a hyperconnected economy.

Dave Bujnowski beat 99% of his peers to return 125% last year. The Baillie Gifford investor shares 5 stocks set to benefit from the end of the pandemic and a hyperconnected economy.

2 DeFi trends, plus the bull case for Polkadot

Thomas Trutschel/Photothek via Getty Images

Digital-asset VC firm KR1 was an early investor in Ethereum, whose token hit a series of record highs this past week. The founders are now making a big bet on crypto protocol Polkadot and shared their investment case. They also broke down their outlook for DeFi, as well as two projects and key trends to watch.

A crypto VC firm that made an early investment in Ethereum is betting big on Polkadot. The founders explain why dot could overtake ether — and flag 2 promising DeFi projects that should be on your radar.

Attend our live virtual event

Mastering your personal finance can feel overwhelming, but creating strong financial habits and building wealth starts with just a few simple steps — awareness, proper planning, thoughtful action, and consistent habits.

For more tips, tricks, and best practices on your path to financial success, tune in Tuesday, May 18 at 12 p.m. ET for a free, hour-long virtual event, "Master Your Money: How to set yourself up to build wealth."

Register here.

Insider

Stock pick central

Seeking experts who are willing to name names? Look no further:

A picture of a switch and lightbulb
Sign up for notifications from Insider! Stay up to date with what you want to know.
Subscribe to push notifications

NEWSLETTER
Start your day knowing what traders are talking about. Sign up to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Email address

By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider as well as other partner offers and accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

NOW WATCH: 

More: Investing Investing Insider Stocks Stock Market

@MonsieurCopperCrutchHave you learned nothing?!  We've been instructed not to SPAM!  Disappointed that you have chosen to obstruct the thread. 🤣

I will take a closer look tomorrow, thank you. I've been looking at Ark investments.  Cathie Wood seems ahead of the curve.

1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

+1

Compare with some of the shit the denialist twits have been allowed to get away with on the coronavirus thread.

👍

54 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Exactly. Well said my friend. 

👍

7 hours ago, longgone said:

Not to me

Bought at 2940 also

It absolutely amazes me how the average human mind works.  12 months ago you could have bought ETH under $250. You didn't want to know, now it's at $4k, you love it. 🤔

Still takes all sorts. I think it could reach $20k this run. 

6 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Absolutely and some of these things are already here and/or at least on their way.  I posted a a couple of videos previously re: bonds and it explained the implications of the current situation re: low/negative yields.  I think the guests were Greg Foss and maybe Andy Edsom @warpig

6 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

@warpigI could only find Foss.  The other person may have been Lyn Alden.  If you're not familiar with her, she is v knowledgeable and her analysis is fab.

Thanks, I'll watch it later.

1 hour ago, markyh said:

It absolutely amazes me how the average human mind works.  12 months ago you could have bought ETH under $250. You didn't want to know, now it's at $4k, you love it. 🤔

Emotional investing, its FOMO.
These are the investors who buy high and sell lows. 

Its a powerful emotion which drives the purchase at the highs, but its an even more powerful emotion to then sell the lows. 

I think many were well aware of Bitcoin when it was low for years, but kid themselves that they are now long term holders as they will never sell, but why didn't they buy the lows if they believe in it? its not a new invention.

But its stands to reason that the long term holders and those buying the lows do well, as the money comes from somewhere, usually flighty short term investors, these are not the type to announce their mistakes on a forum, especially when those mistakes if they held long enough (years) could of become great decisions. 

Hardly anyone will come on and say "i bought the peak in a FOMO panic, then i felt terrible and sold the lows, now im buying the peak again due to the same FOMO"

48 minutes ago, fatspanner said:

Anyone know what the ETH high was in the last bull run

Just want to compare against bitcoin's £20k

Edit: $1066 possibly? 

$1400 was the 2017 top for ETH. 

4 hours ago, markyh said:

Some people just want others to front-run the risk for them and are happy to buy in at higher, less risky prices. I'm happy to have front-run this risk for @longgone and scoop up the mad gainz.

Current predications appear to target ETH somewhere between $20k to $40k by the end of this run.

58 minutes ago, fatspanner said:

Interesting they are both now just under their 3x 2017 ATH. 

Might have a little in Litecoin today see if it can do the same. 

I put £400 of pocket money in LTC and XRP in January, £200 of each. Now worth £900, and that's even after exchanging a chunk of the LTC for Eth in March to mint a Hex endstake contract and restake for 5 years. 

4 hours ago, markyh said:

It absolutely amazes me how the average human mind works.  12 months ago you could have bought ETH under $250. You didn't want to know, now it's at $4k, you love it🤔

love it ?

LOL i do not love any of this its entertainment for me. I'm not expecting to make any profit. 

3 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

Emotional investing, its FOMO.
These are the investors who buy high and sell lows. 

Its a powerful emotion which drives the purchase at the highs, but its an even more powerful emotion to then sell the lows. 

I think many were well aware of Bitcoin when it was low for years, but kid themselves that they are now long term holders as they will never sell, but why didn't they buy the lows if they believe in it? its not a new invention.

But its stands to reason that the long term holders and those buying the lows do well, as the money comes from somewhere, usually flighty short term investors, these are not the type to announce their mistakes on a forum, especially when those mistakes if they held long enough (years) could of become great decisions. 

Hardly anyone will come on and say "i bought the peak in a FOMO panic, then i felt terrible and sold the lows, now im buying the peak again due to the same FOMO"

i Don`t do Fomo. 

18 hours ago, Glenn said:

Crypto.com are listing it. For some reason. Thats how I heard about it, people on the Crypto.com reddit wanking themselves off over how many million Shiba coins they bought. Other than that I think its on uni-swap.

Easy to buy on Binance. Had some USDT so just got rid of that $60. Price had doubled since yesterday.

Probably waste - but it's only money.

13 minutes ago, longgone said:

love it ?

LOL i do not love any of this its entertainment for me. I'm not expecting to make any profit. 

bit more interesting than spunking few quid on lottery every week.

1 minute ago, wighty said:

is there no end to this chit, lol

can't really see any of them lasting out the year.

but wtf do I know.

🤣

safemoon will survive. 

https://www.newsweek.com/safemoon-ama-unveils-simplex-partnership-community-testing-plans-1589987

The development team behind the cryptocurrency SafeMoon announced a number of updates in their most recent "Ask Me Anything" session, including plans to use Minecraft as a platform to test how the token could be integrated into video games.

The crypto token SafeMoon was launched in March this year. Since then, it has gathered an active fanbase and is listed as one of the most viewed tokens, according to CoinMarketCap, though it has also had critics.

On 05/12/2019 at 01:33, markyh said:

All done free claiming my HEX from my Bitcoin holdings. With referral and early claiming bonuses (you can use your own referral link to free claim!) and the 0.11 eth I chucked into yesterday’s adoption amplifier I have gained roughly 78k HEX that cost me about £18. Had I kept the 0.11 eth after gas payments would have 5700 less HEX and would have cost me about 5p in GAS to freeclaim. 

looking at last trades seems it’s worth about $100. Have “staked” the whole lot for about 14 months to see what happens. 

From next week anyone who had BTC at the snapshot December 1st and doesn’t freeclaim asap will lose 2% per week and after 50 weeks without claiming will have lost 100% of their claim. All unclaimed hex is divided between those that did claim in week 51. It’s free, claim it. 

Sooooooo.  For @longgone , @wighty , @smash , A little update on the above , 18 months in.  This is what can happen when you pick a good crypto, invest even a small sum, and dont try and trade, just HODL it.  

Through initial staking for 14 months, and then restaking for 5 years, with the additional "bigpayday" payout that happened at month 12,  My initial 78000 Hex has now grown to 129000 Hex, and through staking is compounding at a rate of 27% p/a. 

This means that initial £18 spent on my freeclaim and the adoption amplifier on 3/12/2019 , is now worth £4152. 

Hex has gained in value from £0.00 at launch to £0.03216 today.  23000% in 18 months. 

Same ol same ol; i'm afraid.  Pick well, dont try and trade, just hodl.   And to be fair, pretty sure @MonsieurCopperCrutch knocked this as a scam back then and never freeclaimed his Hex, would have cost him a few quid in Eth Gas back then and his freeclaim and bigpayday bonus today would be worth around £100k i would guess, and would also be growing @ 25% + p/a compounding if he staked it for 5+ years. 

3 minutes ago, markyh said:

Sooooooo.  For @longgone , @wighty , @smash , A little update on the above , 18 months in.  This is what can happen when you pick a good crypto, invest even a small sum, and dont try and trade, just HODL it.  

Through initial staking for 14 months, and then restaking for 5 years, with the additional "bigpayday" payout that happened at month 12,  My initial 78000 Hex has now grown to 129000 Hex, and through staking is compounding at a rate of 27% p/a. 

This means that initial £18 spent on my freeclaim and the adoption amplifier on 3/12/2019 , is now worth £4152. 

Hex has gained in value from £0.00 at launch to £0.03216 today.  23000% in 18 months. 

Same ol same ol; i'm afraid.  Pick well, dont try and trade, just hodl.   And to be fair, pretty sure @MonsieurCopperCrutch knocked this as a scam back then and never freeclaimed his Hex, would have cost him a few quid in Eth Gas back then and his freeclaim and bigpayday bonus today would be worth around £100k i would guess, and would also be growing @ 25% + p/a compounding if he staked it for 5+ years. 

Doubt if any of us will turn down anything free. Anymore HEX coming?.