House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

8 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Not getting very far today are we...What do you see as the existential threats to Bitcoin - not to include any posed by salty no coiners. 😁. I'm serious.  I heard Ari Paul in an recent interview with Scott Melker reference security being an exponential risk (hedge fund attack) in the future yet the Bit devs are not willing to discuss openly.  I didn't follow the issue.

@MonsieurCopperCrutch @markyhet al, if you know the point he was making, please can you expand? 

Found it: 15:10 onwards.

He’s talking about multi year plan to shorting Bitcoin and performing a 51% attack. this should help explain better:

https://braiins.com/blog/how-much-would-it-cost-to-51-attack-bitcoin

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2021/05/07/forget-bitcoin-putting-stimulus-checks-into-dogecoin-would-have-made-over-500000-amid-crypto-price-mania/amp/

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency mania is well and truly back and celebrities are jumping on the cryptocurrency bandwagon with the same abandon they did in the heady days of 2017.

While the bitcoin price has soared around 500% since this time last year, smaller cryptocurrencies are far outpacing bitcoin.

Dogecoin, the meme-based cryptocurrency originally created as a joke, is leading the pack, rocketing a blistering 20,000% over the last 12 months—with analysis revealing that three stimulus checks, worth just over $3,000, would now be worth an eye-popping $500,000 if they’d been used to buy dogecoin

🤣🤣🤣

For fans of shitcoins, Shiba Inu seems to be the next barrel o crap being ramped up as the new Dodge

Gone up many percent in the last 4 weeks. 

But not something I would get involved with.

7 hours ago, warpig said:

Gold is about to do quite well... I think diversification is really important at the moment... I think we're going to face a 2008 crash < 12 months probably this year.

agree with that, some say US govt/fed trying to engineer the crypto top with stock market top for around Sep before markets start crashing in Q4.

Edited by ubuntu

1 hour ago, Glenn said:

For fans of shitcoins, Shiba Inu seems to be the next barrel o crap being ramped up as the new Dodge

Gone up many percent in the last 4 weeks. 

But not something I would get involved with.

How do you buy that then?. Another pancake?

3 hours ago, longgone said:

Dogecoin, the meme-based cryptocurrency originally created as a joke, is leading the pack, rocketing a blistering 20,000% over the last 12 months—with analysis revealing that three stimulus checks, worth just over $3,000, would now be worth an eye-popping $500,000 if they’d been used to buy dogecoin

🤣🤣🤣

But no one did this, not one person, because no one knew Doge would have a sudden take off.  31% down today, was 36% down at the low. as soon a the charts start showing a week on week loss, more selling, month on month loss, even more selling.  Even on it's worst co-ordinated fud days, BTC has never dropped 30% + in one day. 

1 minute ago, markyh said:

But no one did this, not one person, because no one knew Doge would have a sudden take off.  31% down today, was 36% down at the low. as soon a the charts start showing a week on week loss, more selling, month on month loss, even more selling.  Even on it's worst co-ordinated fud days, BTC has never dropped 30% + in one day. 

Best scenario would have have been someone with a wallet with a few million on forgotten about then suddenly woken up.

I offloaded my Doge on thursday night after reading about a mega whale who had nearly 30% of them. I got a 35% return within less than 3 weeks which is not getting too greedy with chitcoins. Mind you when I say got a 35% return I did actually convert them to BTC, got a tiny fraction of a single coin. So in my case MrCopperCrutch is probably right - it does all end up with big daddy.

1 minute ago, smash said:

I offloaded my Doge on thursday night after reading about a mega whale who had nearly 30% of them. I got a 35% return within less than 3 weeks which is not getting too greedy with chitcoins. Mind you when I say got a 35% return I did actually convert them to BTC, got a tiny fraction of a single coin. So in my case MrCopperCrutch is probably right - it does all end up with big daddy.

Nice

Although you should have converted to eth.

1 minute ago, longgone said:

Nice

Although you should have converted to eth.

I wanted to actually but Kraken was only giving me the option to convert to BTC then I was able to to convert that into anything but I thought too much hassle, inefficient with fees etc so left in the bloated behemoth.