House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

8 hours ago, btd1981 said:

Received a message from bank today telling me that the interest rate on my cash ISA is reducing to ***0.09%***

What an utter extraction of urine. 

Temptation to just dump it all in crypto is pretty high but this recent rocket launch feels a bit unsustainable. But then I said the same thing about the housing market for most of a decade so what do I know 🤷‍♂️

F***in' criminal bankster cartels. They are part of the reason I went into crypto. They are the problem.

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markyh

• MonsieurCopperCrutch

• goldbug9999

• jiltedjen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Thank you very much @Buffer Bear 🙏 

Believe me you will get your payday too. Just do what I did and give it a halvening and a couple of years. No need for fancy smancy charts or tea-leafs, just DCA and HODL. I believe 100% in Bitcoin and that we will breach $100,000 this year. This is simply the first leg of my exit strategy.

Onwards and upwards. 🚀 

HODL, HODL, HODL.  Not taking a DCA approach a such, it's a bit more unstructured i.e. more like bunging in a lump sum as and when I have it, which I've done a good few times so far! 😉

4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

This is very important and significant for BTC in that it validates BTC as the real Bitcoin. One thing you've not experienced besides bear markets in Bitcoin were the 'fork wars'. They were very damaging for Bitcoins reputation and put the crypto industry back a couple of years. Good to see these crooks put back in their cage.

Thanks @MonsieurCopperCrutchI've had a brief look at hard/soft forks so I can only admit to a very basic understanding.  I know some very sour and salty coiners reared their head again recently and one was recently interviewed by Pomp (Roger Ver -  Bitcoin Cash).  Sounds deep and painful. 😕

https://decrypt.co/58324/bitcoin-skeptic-dalio-reduces-role-after-hedge-funds-tough-year

Bridgewater Associates, the world’s largest hedge fundwith $138 billion in assets under management, is restructuring so that investing decisions are made by more than three men: founder and co-Chairman Ray Dalio and Co-Chief Investment Officers Bob Prince and Greg Jensen.

The news, first reported this morning by The Wall Street Journal today and subsequently confirmed by Bridgewater, is significant because Dalio has been publicly skeptical of adding Bitcoin to its funds. 

That’s certainly a defensible position when your funds are providing good returns to investors. Less so when the funds are losing money. According to the Journal, Bridgewater’s flagship fund lost 7.6% of its value last year, never recovering from a devastating March. During that same timeframe, Bitcoin went from around $7,500 to close the year just below $30,000—a roughly 400% increase.

Edited by Buffer Bear

https://cryptobriefing.com/bitcoin-becomes-6th-most-valuable-asset-in-the-world-with-1-trillion-market-cap/

Key Takeaways

• Bitcoin is now the 6th most valuable asset globally, one rank below Google's parent company, Alphabet.
  • The $1 trillion market cap has been met with glee on crypto Twitter, promting countless BTC supporters to edit laser eyes into their profile pictures.
  • The upcoming fed stimulus package and US tax season may both impact price in the near future.

image.thumb.png.8268cc7eb38f96be151a56fa8cee99af.png

Edited by Buffer Bear
28 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

https://cryptobriefing.com/bitcoin-becomes-6th-most-valuable-asset-in-the-world-with-1-trillion-market-cap/

Key Takeaways

• Bitcoin is now the 6th most valuable asset globally, one rank below Google's parent company, Alphabet.
  • The $1 trillion market cap has been met with glee on crypto Twitter, promting countless BTC supporters to edit laser eyes into their profile pictures.
  • The upcoming fed stimulus package and US tax season may both impact price in the near future.

image.thumb.png.8268cc7eb38f96be151a56fa8cee99af.png

We'll eat Silver in about a month....

And Google

Edited by RodCrosby