Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • markyh

    2185

  • MonsieurCopperCrutch

    1243

  • goldbug9999

    1211

  • jiltedjen

    1096

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, elephant said:

 

🤷‍♂️

Yeah I know... it's broken out the top of the channel... which has invalidated the channel (assuming it holds)... Nothing goes up like this forever... I fear the fall out will be significant when it happens.

image.thumb.png.d36ab4c3601df313b5f6c03a028f0ee8.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

The problem with ETH is the same as with Bitcoin, scaling. There are newer coins that do what it does, just a lot better. But in order for those coins to replace ETH, people really have to believe in the use cases rather than just wanting to get rich.

That didn't happen with Bitcoin and so I'm not sure it will happen with Ethereum.

(Though Ethereum, like Bitcoin, has the promise of solving the issue, always on the horizon)

Yes...that is the problem I have when people talk about BTC being Gold 2.0.

Although there other PM's, they are not really a competitor to Gold.

With Bitcoin however, another "Altcoin" can be produced and I think this is the reason that Bit Coiners react to them badly..."Sh!tcoin"!! yada yada.

I am not really sure whats happening with Bitcoin ATM, I suspect its more associated with the lack of faith in FIAT (which is pretty serious when you consider what FIAT means). I think these Alt coins gaining in value is just Joe Public looking for the next 100x Bitcoin...ala Elon Musk ramping Doge.

Disclaimer:- I own BTC, ETH, DOT and a small bit of XRP....not because I want to make mad gains or use them as a means of exchange (although both are welcome). I just want to diversify my wealth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside; I've been staking $500 of tether since the summer, along with my cryptos, so I had something I could quickly use to buy any big dips that never came. When I bought it it was worth around £400. Today its worth £351 Even with the interest from staking I am still worse off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

This is incredible @MonsieurCopperCrutch.  Well done for HODLING when many panicked and sold, and with still in the bank aka wallet.  Paper gainz realised. :) 

 

 

B*I*G C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I**O*N*S

Thank you very much @Buffer Bear 🙏 

Believe me you will get your payday too. Just do what I did and give it a halvening and a couple of years. No need for fancy smancy charts or tea-leafs, just DCA and HODL. I believe 100% in Bitcoin and that we will breach $100,000 this year. This is simply the first leg of my exit strategy.

Onwards and upwards. 🚀 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

What do you make of this? 

 

 

This is very important and significant for BTC in that it validates BTC as the real Bitcoin. One thing you've not experienced besides bear markets in Bitcoin were the 'fork wars'. They were very damaging for Bitcoins reputation and put the crypto industry back a couple of years. Good to see these crooks put back in their cage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Glenn said:

As an aside; I've been staking $500 of tether since the summer, along with my cryptos, so I had something I could quickly use to buy any big dips that never came. When I bought it it was worth around £400. Today its worth £351 Even with the interest from staking I am still worse off.

That’s because the £ has been getting much stronger against the $ for a few weeks now.  It’s the highest its been for about 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With @MonsieurCopperCrutch's sale, I've had a bit of a rethink too 😳

I'm considering selling 12k before April 5th, to use the cgt allowance. It's not quite in the same league nominally, but it's pretty much a similar percentage of the holdings. 

I have an *outrageous* (over 100%!) marginal tax rate on paye income next year because of luck and already making every salary sacrifice available, so any tax free income is ideal. 

What d'ya reckon? I probably won't do this for another month or so, so time to consider and evaluate.

Edited by Frugal Git
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glenn said:

As an aside; I've been staking $500 of tether since the summer, along with my cryptos, so I had something I could quickly use to buy any big dips that never came. When I bought it it was worth around £400. Today its worth £351 Even with the interest from staking I am still worse off.

Is it worth the same in dollars? It’s supposed to be a usd stablecoin but of course you’d be open to changes in the usd gbp exchange rate

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

With @MonsieurCopperCrutch's sale, I've had a bit of a rethink too 😳

I'm considering selling 12k before April 5th, to use the cgt allowance. It's not quite in the same league nominally, but it's pretty much a similar percentage of the holdings. 

I have an *outrageous* (over 100%!) marginal tax rate on paye income next year because of luck and already making every salary sacrifice available, so any tax free income is ideal. 

What d'ya reckon? I probably won't do this for another month or so, so time to consider and evaluate.

If you've got time to wait I'd wait for the US stimulus checks (March) and PayPal UK Bitcoin (April) pumps to hit. Don't let my actions influence your own personal exit strategy. Just plan one and stick to it when it happens. In the interim time just ignore all the salty noise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

If you've got time to wait I'd wait for the US stimulus checks (March) and PayPal UK Bitcoin (April) pumps to hit. Don't let my actions influence your own personal exit strategy. Just plan one and stick to it when it happens. In the interim time just ignore all the salty noise. 

👍 thanks for the reality check. 

I don't need the money really.

As I've alluded before, I don't have an exit strategy. Hodler for life ideally - I was listening to Saylor and Winklevoss twins talking about the fact that if it truly becomes the apex asset, they'd just borrow fiat against it as and when needed. I liked that idea in some ways, but given I hate debt anyway in principal (the major reason I love BTC), and hopeful have a solid income for a while yet, I doubt I'd even do that.  

It was more a 'use or lose' the allowance thing but who cares? April 6th is another 'year' where I can make the decision.

Edited by Frugal Git
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frugal Git said:

👍 thanks for the reality check. 

I don't need the money really.

As I've alluded before, I don't have an exit strategy. Hodler for life ideally - I was listening to Saylor and Winklevoss twins talking about the fact that if it truly becomes the apex asset, they'd just borrow fiat against it as and when needed. I liked that idea in some ways, but given I hate debt anyway in principal (the major reason I love BTC), and hopeful have a solid income for a while yet, I doubt I'd even do that.  

It was more a 'use or lose' the allowance thing but who cares? April 6th is another 'year' where I can make the decision.

I’m over £300k now and no plans to sell until around $100k btc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.