House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

8 minutes ago, markyh said:

Well dome m8. Let us know if Barclay's call to investigate!!! I'm sure i am a level above you @ kraken and can withdraw £250k a day.

Thank you. I’ll keep you posted what happens with Barclays.

TBH I forgot to upgrade my Kraken level after I signed up in 2013 (wasn’t thinking about fiat withdrawal). Will look into doing this before we hit $100,000 next month. 🤣

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markyh

• MonsieurCopperCrutch

• goldbug9999

• jiltedjen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

£15 a coin seemed expensive to me at the time. Wish I backed the truck up at that price now! 

I'm guessing maybe $85,000 top this time, but could take a few more months yet. 

anyone else feel constantly stressed about their massive BTC bag? I have to admit my massive balls of steel are starting to feel a bit heavy! 

everyone has a price, but it would pain me for bitcoin to just be translated into paying the mortgage off, that would still put me behind the average boomer of my age when they were my age. 

sort of feel it should suck value away from houses also and we are not there yet

I'm permanently stressed about holding the bitcoin myself and making a huge mistake and losing the lot.  Regarding holding vs selling - I did sell a little at 18k end of 2017 with a stop loss order as it just felt insane at the time in my office, with everyone talking about their 'portfolio' and bitcoin rising 1k per hour.  I topped back up more during the bear market since then.  But I'm not feeling the same vibe as back in 2017 yet so not got that urge to sell.  That could just be because I work from home now though :D

14 minutes ago, dannyf said:

I'm permanently stressed about holding the bitcoin myself and making a huge mistake and losing the lot.  Regarding holding vs selling - I did sell a little at 18k end of 2017 with a stop loss order as it just felt insane at the time in my office, with everyone talking about their 'portfolio' and bitcoin rising 1k per hour.  I topped back up more during the bear market since then.  But I'm not feeling the same vibe as back in 2017 yet so not got that urge to sell.  That could just be because I work from home now though :D

I had a few people ask me about bitcoin, but only those who are already into investing in general, it’s not in general chatter yet. In 2017 I knew morons in the general public were buying the tops to only sell the lows a few months later, did see that with people people I knew. 

still currently mostly unknown, I have not got the full blown heart popping mania stress feeling yet, but that could be due to being an old holder, this is not my first rodeo. 

I certainly have permanent mild anxiety about it. does not feel real. this is life changing. 

it would take my whole bag to clear the mortgage, and I can’t see why we won’t have bigger bubbles in the future. 

right now I have effectively sold my only residence and put at mostly all on bitcoin.

I suppose I would of had the mortgage done before turning 40 anyway without bitcoin so I’m doing OK, but I really would quite like to scare some central bankers.

I perhaps am just going to gold and sell out 50% when that covers mortgage (not yet) 

I suppose I’m fine without bitcoin. might as well let it ride until it becomes “F*** you money” as the saying goes 

Edited by jiltedjen
2 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

I had a few people ask me about bitcoin, but only those who are already into investing in general, it’s not in general chatter yet. 

still mostly unknown, I got have the full blown heart popping mania stress yet, but that could be due to being an older holder, this is not my first rodeo. 

I certainly have permanent mild anxiety about it. does not feel real. this is life changing. 

it would take my whole bag to clear the mortgage, and I can’t see why we won’t have bigger bubbles in the future. 

right now I have effectively sold my only residence and put at mostly all on bitcoin.

I suppose I would of had the mortgage done before turning 40 anyway without bitcoin so I’m doing OK, but I really would quite like to scare some central bankers.

I perhaps am just going to gold and sell out 50% when that covers mortgage (not yet) 

If you’re ever unsure about how high a value Bitcoin will have in the future just remember that it will take 40 years to mine the last one. Here’s a breakdown of all the halvening rewards:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12tR_9WrY0Hj4AQLoJYj9EDBzfA38XIVLQSOOOVePNm0/htmlview#gid=0

1 hour ago, yelims said:

No sign of bitcoin acceptance on Tesla site yet, they better hurry up so I can buy a rapidly depreciating asset 😜

Nah, just buy one using dirty fiat like I did 😁

Keep the BTC.  Not financial advice obviously.

But....Since Tesla made that announcement the cost of my second hand model S has practically been entirely offset by the rise (54500-38000)/1.4 (gbpusd) * BTC holdings. 

And that's not counting the eth/LTC rises since then.

Edited by Frugal Git
2 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Nah, just buy one using dirty fiat like I did 😁

Keep the BTC.  Not financial advice obviously.

But....Since Tesla made that announcement the cost of my second hand model S has practically been entirely offset by the rise (54500-38000)/1.4 (gbpusd) * BTC holdings. 

And that's not counting the eth/LTC rises since then.

How’s LTC doing? I held it for a year between 13/14 but gave up on it and sold it for BTC. Pretty glad I did now. 😀

6 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

How’s LTC doing? I held it for a year between 13/14 but gave up on it and sold it for BTC. Pretty glad I did now. 😀

Not bad, but not awesome either. It's nowhere near the 2017 high of iirc $400 per LTC. It's currently at $232.

I did test nicehash trading the other day by switching  some sats (literal chicken feed .. for now 😳)  for LTC because I thought LTC would outperform for a few days. 

I'm still waiting for my limit order to trade back to be hit, and it's looking further and further away now.

The best time to trade it was around the time you did I think - I remember at one point I think LTC hit $40 when BTC was around $600, or maybe even less. 

That would have been an amazing trade in hindsight. A $150k value today trade if I had done it.

Edited by Frugal Git
4 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

I'm keeping the LTC though because my parents mined it for me, and dad's gone now ... so weirdly enough - it has sentimental value 🤷‍♀️

Fair do's probably best keeping it now on the off chance it moons. Which I hope it does for you. Although I didn't like seeing Charlie Lee dump his coins on the market during the 2017 peak.

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch
1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Raoul Pal believes it will match Bitcoins rise. I do too.

There seems to be more and more news lately that indicates a big move away from centralised apps...Facebook et als ban on Trump...the FB news episode etc etc.

44 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

There seems to be more and more news lately that indicates a big move away from centralised apps...Facebook et als ban on Trump...the FB news episode etc etc.

The problem with ETH is the same as with Bitcoin, scaling. There are newer coins that do what it does, just a lot better. But in order for those coins to replace ETH, people really have to believe in the use cases rather than just wanting to get rich.

That didn't happen with Bitcoin and so I'm not sure it will happen with Ethereum.

(Though Ethereum, like Bitcoin, has the promise of solving the issue, always on the horizon)

7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Just took £246,000 off the table. To be clear a sale of 10% from my holdings and the first time I have sold since implementing my DCA + HODL = FTW strategy in 2013.ctLjyTb.png

This is incredible @MonsieurCopperCrutch.  Well done for HODLING when many panicked and sold, and with still in the bank aka wallet.  Paper gainz realised. :) 

B*I*G C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I**O*N*S

Edited by Buffer Bear

6 hours ago, longgone said:

I bet it took ages to search for that screenshot 🤣

C'mon.

5 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Upgrading the wife is always a good idea.

🤣

4 hours ago, markyh said:

i'm sure @MonsieurCopperCrutch will update us on moving $1/4 million from Kraken to his UK banks, and its fun and games. Glad he is being my guinea pig. lol. 

😁

3 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

@markyh 

Saying that it’s just landed safely. So that took ~3.5 hours using Clear Junction (FPS) at a cost of £1.95:

587300-D9-4976-412-A-99-AC-6108-D2757-AA

Phew! 🔥

2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I first started during a peak and kept buying on the way down. You then benefit when it pumps. I’ve held through 2 bear markets never once flinched. We’re still going to $100,000 and beyond. 

👏👏👏