House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

I've got £5K sat on the sidelines to buy BTC... Just waiting for the right moment. It's interesting how the moon cycles (circles below) coincide with peaks/troughs. It's nothing to rely on in isolation... but an amusing indicator that seems to hold true so far. Maybe around 19th March would be a good time to buy.

image.thumb.png.1d7a197f7c2fd831d0e31ee68cd88dd5.png

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markyh

• MonsieurCopperCrutch

• goldbug9999

• jiltedjen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I think it’s great you’re all getting rich from killing the planet 👍

Have you ever seen the environmental damage done by gold mining? There are plenty of cryptos that address these issues 

46 minutes ago, warpig said:

I've got £5K sat on the sidelines to buy BTC... Just waiting for the right moment. It's interesting how the moon cycles (circles below) coincide with peaks/troughs. It's nothing to rely on in isolation... but an amusing indicator that seems to hold true so far. Maybe around 19th March would be a good time to buy.

Yeah yeah we know that you are waiting for a $14,000 entry. Myself and @markyh strongly advised you to enter immediately at $17,000 but you were not interested. Something about if it does not drop to $14,000 it does not conform to normal tea-leaf reading or some such gibberish you mouthed off.

26 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

You can always tell that Bitcoin is on the up when you get the same tired old repeated FUD. Yesterday we've had Tether and now today we are back to the environment. Some of you salty characters are insufferable. Don't like Bitcoin? Then stay away from the thread and let your fund managers indirectly expose you to it for us.

Win win. 👍

The funny thing is the no-coiners will still have some exposure via pensions if they like it or not.
Going to be very very hard for the salty no-coiners to prevent their hard earned funds ending up in Bitcoin.

We said ages ago one day they will be forced to, and that day seems to be coming a lot earlier than expected 

1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

How much paper does bitcoin use a year for transaction reporting? Compared to the current global monetary, finance, and business sector?   None vs Millions of trees worth. 

1 hour ago, warpig said:

I seriously don't get it, We told you to buy way under $20k , around $17-$18k ,  you insisted on waiting for a pull back to $14k we said would never come. $20k broke, we told you that's it, it's off never to come back, i told you i had bought $2k's worth for my wife @ $22k Xmas eve. Still fighting us. 

And we were right, no charts needed. Now you want to wait for a possible pullback to $44k.   I just dont understand  how some peoples brains are wired. 

Peeps like @Buffer Bear who get to the party late but take advice for "experts" and buy straight away i understand, but you have been fighting and argueing for gold, BTC to zero, etc etc all through 2020 and four figure BTC. 

Now it's over 1/2 way to six figures you want a position?  

Your problem must be pride? To proud to to think you know best via charts and you must "catch" pullback you know is coming, which most likely wont. 

We had a 30% pullback a few weeks ago from $42k to $29k , which we also told you would happen. Why not buy then? Or had you not yet "seen" that in the charts before hand. 

Good luck, but you are silly not listening to old hands on here, we have been here and done this 3-4 times. History is repeating, 2021 bull cycle (which we also told everyone since 2018 would happen too!) 

3 minutes ago, markyh said:

I seriously don't get it, We told you to buy way under $20k , around $17-$18k ,  you insisted on waiting for a pull back to $14k we said would never come. $20k broke, we told you that's it, it's off never to come back, i told you i had bought $2k's worth for my wife @ $22k Xmas eve. Still fighting us. 

And we were right, no charts needed. Now you want to wait for a possible pullback to $44k.   I just dont understand  how some peoples brains are wired. 

Peeps like @Buffer Bear who get to the party late but take advice for "experts" and buy straight away i understand, but you have been fighting and argueing for gold, BTC to zero, etc etc all through 2020 and four figure BTC. 

Your problem must be pride? To proud to to think you know best via charts and you must "catch" pullback you know is coming, which most likely wont. 

We had a 30% pullback a few weeks ago from $42k to $29k , which we also told you would happen. Why not buy then? Or had you not yet "seen" that in the charts before hand. 

Good luck, but you are silly not listening to old hands on here, we have been here and done this 3-4 times. History is repeating, 2021 bull cycle (which we also told everyone since 2018 would happen too!) 

Yeah and he had the gall to scoff at my DCA + HODL = FTW advice that I was imparting from my experience to others like @Buffer Bear. If Bitcoin doesn't conform to his normal tea-leaf charting then he was not interested. Now he's put aside £5K to enter at $50K. You couldn't make this stuff up. 😂

If you squint your eyes closely you can see him in the rigth image at the back of this queue:

Eudl7UHXAAIRUQF?format=jpg&name=medium

20 minutes ago, markyh said:

Don't waste your time. Some people just aren't investors.

They'd rather hold on to their tiny piece of nothing than "risk" it on a likely life-changing opportunity.

Or if they can possibly get past that block, they'd panic sell at the slightest dip.

2 hours ago, warpig said:

Classic mistake with all investors, not just bitcoin. 

Wait for pullback, when it happens thinking is it'll pullback further so will wait longer. Result is the recent bottom is missed and the investment goes up.

Repeat the process.

2 hours ago, warpig said:

I've got £5K sat on the sidelines to buy BTC... Just waiting for the right moment.

This is genuinely the funniest thing I’ve ever read.

£5k! You could have had nearly 1/2 a btc if you had done so in early November. You could have sold out the stake and be sitting on a free position of a 1/4 of a coin for life. Which would now be worth £9k, and you’ll have your precious 5k back to buy 3 oz of gold. 

By the time you capitulate when your Fibonacci retracements and candles all aligned to say buy buy buy you’ll probably get 1/10th of a coin. 

2 hours ago, markyh said:

How much paper does bitcoin use a year for transaction reporting? Compared to the current global monetary, finance, and business sector?   None vs Millions of trees worth. 

Oh no, not the terrible impact of paper! My notepad sitting here is just pumping out the CO2 so hard! 

Listen it's cool. Everyone needs a hobby and bitcoin holders' hobby is destroying the planet by deliberately wasting energy forever. Relax, just pretend the future doesn't matter and our children won't blame us. :D 

3 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

US foreign military is an absurd energy vampire whose primary use is controlling people overseas for the political benefit of a few, not even one step removed from murder. It is arguably the biggest energy consumer in the world. Go get 'em and shut 'em down, Dr. Robert!

4 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Oh no, not the terrible impact of paper! My notepad sitting here is just pumping out the CO2 so hard! 

Listen it's cool. Everyone needs a hobby and bitcoin holders' hobby is destroying the planet by deliberately wasting energy forever. Relax, just pretend the future doesn't matter and our children won't blame us. :D 

Mine wont, they will be living in the bitcoin Citadel, in luxury. 

4 hours ago, warpig said:

got 500k here of dirty fiat to do something with.= well me and mother do. 😂

i guess we should have gone all in when it was $6000 would be rich now. 

3 minutes ago, Mixle said:

US foreign military is an absurd energy vampire whose primary use is controlling people overseas for the political benefit of a few, not even one step removed from murder. It is arguably the biggest energy consumer in the world. Go get 'em and shut 'em down, Dr. Robert!

:D

All those terrible bombs sitting in the fighter jets simply pouring out masses of CO2 constantly, how dare they! And if they move a bomb from one jet to another it uses even MORE energy! Crazy, someone should tell Biden. 

10 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I still get piles of bank and credit card statements ever month, junk mail, council mail, pension mail, as do most people. Bitcoin us insn't cutting down any trees, and nearly all mining is done via cheap renewables. 

Nothing worse than at every surge upwards everyone starts asking me if they should buy.
These are the same people i told to buy the lows and they didn't.

Human phycology is a strange thing. As soon as something is seen as expensive everyone wants it, yet when its cheap they don't care at all.

1 hour ago, wighty said:

Classic mistake with all investors, not just bitcoin. 

Wait for pullback, when it happens thinking is it'll pullback further so will wait longer. Result is the recent bottom is missed and the investment goes up.

Repeat the process.

Sounds like the average HPCers approach to buying a house.  

11 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

:D

All those terrible bombs sitting in the fighter jets simply pouring out masses of CO2 constantly, how dare they! And if they move a bomb from one jet to another it uses even MORE energy! Crazy, someone should tell Biden. 

It's an interesting point though: the moment a bomb is used, you've got the sum total of: carbon cost making the bomb + carbon cost of infrastructure destroyed + carbon cost of reconstruction + carbon cost of political hot air ;)