• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markyh

• MonsieurCopperCrutch

• goldbug9999

• jiltedjen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

5 hours ago, RodCrosby said:

I need BTC at $184k for £2m, $323k for £3m.

Which is +75% in BTC for a +50% in fiat... Seems risk/reward ain't worth it.

How about you?

$194k BTC = £1m for me. But, as i said, around $96k - $100k BTC i am starting a 50% exit strategy to free up £250k-£264k to clear my mortgage. 

12 minutes ago, RodCrosby said:

Should have got it in a SIPP, when it was possible....

No tax on exit, no tax on death.

The only bummer with a SIPP is above the first 25% drawdown tax free, any future withdrawals are subject to income tax rules, maybe NI too if under full retirement age (55-65/66/67) ? 

4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

BREAKING:

Motley Fool announce multi million investment in Bitcoin. Totally dismiss gold. 

Didnt they spend years dissing Bitcoin? LOL. and they buy in at $50k+.  Sometimes it's hard being the smartest people in the room. 

I'm exploring taking the full 25%, then off to Portugal to be taxed at 10% on the remainder. 

Effective rate 7.5%...

Looks like I'd end up with more pension-pot left than I started with, given likely investment rates.

And live like a king.

Edited by RodCrosby
Just now, RodCrosby said:

I'm exploring taking the full 25%, then off to Portugal to be taxed at 10% on the remainder. 

Effective rate 7.5%...

Sounds good.  Portugal for me too for 4 years if BTC gets anywhere near north of $400k and Sunni ups CGT to 40%.  All eyes of the budget next month for sure.  

21 minutes ago, markyh said:

Didnt they spend years dissing Bitcoin? LOL. and they buy in at $50k+.  Sometimes it's hard being the smartest people in the room. 

With institutions entering Bitcoin even the most salty of nocoiners will soon have an indirect position in Bitcoin. We’ve now gone beyond it’s not if you buy Bitcoin but when. 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch
3 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

With institutions entering Bitcoin even the most salty of nocoiners will soon have an indirect position in Bitcoin. We’ve now gone beyond it’s not if you but Bitcoin but when. 

I'm watching to see how this unfolds and the BlackRock news particularly interests me. I guess they'll start offering bitcoin holdings as part of some riskier funds. I wonder how the FCA are going to react to this?

I will have to eat my words in the debate with @markyh about "institutions" holding bitcoin.

Still, I'll gladly eat them while watching the price rise.

1 minute ago, ucnvpe0 said:

We have reached a turning point.

Not quite. $53673 BTC = $ 1 Trillion BTC market cap.  only $25b away now, days, end of the month at worst. Interesting times. 

Watch Raoul Pal videos posted on here from 6ish months ago , his famous comment about going 90% in on BTC back then . 

"At $200m market cap Banks dont care about Bitcoin, come back and lets see what happens when it's $1 Trillion, $2 Trillion."

2 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I'm watching to see how this unfolds and the BlackRock news particularly interests me. I guess they'll start offering bitcoin holdings as part of some riskier funds. I wonder how the FCA are going to react to this?

I will have to eat my words in the debate with @markyh about "institutions" holding bitcoin.

Still, I'll gladly eat them while watching the price rise.

You know i'm from the future, right? 

2 hours ago, RodCrosby said:

Devised by PlanB for forecasting Bitcoin's growth, who reached the desirable position of packing in his job last week.  He was in the financial industry making millions of dollar investments.

Raoul Pal's Bitcoin forecasts are always underpinned by Metcalfe's Law.

https://www.coindesk.com/tesla-coinbase-bitcoin-buy

Coinbase’s institutional trading wing handled electric car-maker Tesla’s $1.5 billion bitcoininvestment earlier this month, according to The Block.

The report illustrates Coinbase’s growing role as corporate America marches deeper into crypto. Coinbase handled MicroStrategy’s early allocations; The Block reported it has five Fortune 500 firms as clients. 

CoinDesk could not independently confirm the report at press time Wednesday. Coinbase declined to comment.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-mania-not-a-fad-says-wedbush-analyst

Edited by Buffer Bear

Mining update - paying over 1/2 an mBTC (50000 sats) per day at the moment - £20 of btc for < £2 electricity on nicehash.

unbelievably good. Won’t last but just stuck the third machine on when I saw what the other two were making. Kids had been playing minecraft and turned the miner off. 

A776DBA8-3A6E-4646-85E1-BA4E1F54ABC1.jpeg

Edited by Frugal Git

Amazingly the 5700xt is getting a higher hash rate than the RTX 3000 series cards. Considering It was an impulse £250 Amazon warehouse special Black Friday week, someone was looking after me when i clicked buy it now. 

Edited by Frugal Git
7 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Mining update - paying over 1/2 an mBTC (50000 sats) per day at the moment - £20 of btc for < £2 electricity on nicehash.

unbelievably good. Won’t last but just stuck the third machine on when I saw what the other two were making. Kids had been playing minecraft and turned the miner off. 

A776DBA8-3A6E-4646-85E1-BA4E1F54ABC1.jpeg

Is it technically possible to mine on a ryzen 7 4800u intergrated gpu cpu combo