Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

You cheer on a speculative bubble and could be duping some posters. I;,m sorry but I find it a disgrace .

 

You can find it what you want, but people are free to make up their own minds, and the markets disagree with your opinion. Like you had free will selling out at $12 others have free will to educate themselves and DCA+HODL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • markyh

    2165

  • MonsieurCopperCrutch

    1208

  • goldbug9999

    1203

  • jiltedjen

    1084

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

Just now, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I didn’t know about it in 2011. I started buying in 2013 the day after I read the whitepaper. If I’d discovered it in 2011 my strategy would still be the same as today. The last thing I would ever have done is sell for $12. 😂

you're another johnny come lately who knows nothing of the history of BTC and now you "advise" others to do the same  as you in 2013 but at 2021 prices.

BTC is NOT meant to be an investment that will make you rich 

You're speculating and gambling 

As I said it won't end well for you or your followers ! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

you're another johnny come lately who knows nothing of the history of BTC and now you "advise" others to do the same  as you in 2013 but at 2021 prices.

BTC is NOT meant to be an investment that will make you rich 

You're speculating and gambling 

As I said it won't end well for you or your followers ! 

 

Followers? I haven’t got any followers you nugget. 
 

As I said before, I know more about Bitcoin than you. That’s exactly why I don’t sell but you sold out at $12. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

you're another johnny come lately who knows nothing of the history of BTC and now you "advise" others to do the same  as you in 2013 but at 2021 prices.

BTC is NOT meant to be an investment that will make you rich 

You're speculating and gambling 

As I said it won't end well for you or your followers ! 

 

What was bitcoin meant to be? A currency? Do you think 21 million at $12 per coin is enough currency for widespread use?

Do you think $252 million is enough money for the world?

I don’t think anyone here denies there are short term bubbles and short term oversold periods too. It’s a market and is often driven by sentiment in the short term. But it clearly needs to rise in value to have widespread utility.

And perhaps people speculate on it because other forms of money we have are deficient. If we had a non inflating government supplied money, much (not all) of the reasons for holding and speculating on bitcoin would vanish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warlord said:

you're another johnny come lately who knows nothing of the history of BTC and now you "advise" others to do the same  as you in 2013 but at 2021 prices.

BTC is NOT meant to be an investment that will make you rich 

You're speculating and gambling 

As I said it won't end well for you or your followers ! 

 

https://cryptoglobe.com/latest/2021/01/bitcoin-is-sound-money-peter-schiffs-bitcoiner-son-argues/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Perhaps bitcoin is a generation thing. The dinosaurs cant get their head around electronic money. Even Spencer Schiff, Peters son, thinks his old man is a dinosaur.

The pro-bitcoin son of famous gold bug Peter Schiff, Spencer Schiff, has argued that BTC is “sound money” while claiming his dad’s understanding of money is “flawed.” Peter Schiff, it’s worth noting, is a well-known bitcoin bear.

On Twitter, Peter Schiff and TV personality Max Keiser were debating the use of bitcoin and gold as hedges against inflation and currency debasement. Responding to a tweet where Peter Schiff claimed that Keiser said he opposes bitcoin for being a “fiat addict” and pointing out gold is not fiat currency, his son said his understanding of money is flawed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frugal Git said:

And all I’m saying is messing about buying and selling a bit of eth for a few quid sounds a bit pointless to me, but fair play if you enjoy it. It’s pretty close to pure gambling. I’d rather just back and lay on F1 qualifying or correct score on Betfair for such entertainment but each to their own. 

I sold, 600% profit after two years or so of hodling. I bought my BC at £750 and sold some at £10,6k (some at less) around 2018 or so.

I don't waste my time on crypto currencies and don't give a rats **** about them. Its not pointless if you don't do it. I do NOT trade or deal in cryptocurrencies. 

Understand now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, markyh said:

We all own stocks and gold and houses too, but they are not that exciting, except Tesla. 

SAV, up 25% this morning. I'm up  45% in the 4weeks I've hodled (lol)

EMH up 100% in a month 600% this year.

Both backed by £1bilion+ of physical assets and both valued far below that physical asset value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

I sold, 600% profit after two years or so of hodling. I bought my BC at £750 and sold some at £10,6k (some at less) around 2018 or so.

I don't waste my time on crypto currencies and don't give a rats **** about them. Its not pointless if you don't do it. I do NOT trade or deal in cryptocurrencies. 

Understand now?

So if you kept your nerve and hodl your crypto would be worth 2.5x now, and 10x by December. Now you are out watching the price run away from you. Oh well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dannyf said:

What was bitcoin meant to be? A currency? Do you think 21 million at $12 per coin is enough currency for widespread use?

Do you think $252 million is enough money for the world?

I don’t think anyone here denies there are short term bubbles and short term oversold periods too. It’s a market and is often driven by sentiment in the short term. But it clearly needs to rise in value to have widespread utility.

And perhaps people speculate on it because other forms of money we have are deficient. If we had a non inflating government supplied money, much (not all) of the reasons for holding and speculating on bitcoin would vanish.

Its impossible to use Bitcoin for money, its too expensive to use and cumbersome, absolutely nobody is seriously suggesting it. ETH derivatives are feasible in that respect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, markyh said:

So if you kept your nerve and hodl your crypto would be worth 2.5x now, and 10x by December. Now you are out watching the price run away from you. Oh well. 

I took the BC money and invested it in shares, I'm probably up 100%, but more importantly I did it at very low risk.

You have zero understanding of risk in finance, obviously.

The probability that money invested now in crypto will be up 1000% by December is 0.01%, probability its at 25% is 95%.

Thats a risk far far away from my pension funds. 100% per 5 years is considered high risk, I think I can make that in two. Thats all I need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, markyh said:

I own a Trezor. What is the problem? 
 

When I plug it in it insists I update the firmware on the wallet before accessing it. Backup the eth first, otherwise you may lose it.. 😄

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

When I plug it in it insists I update the firmware on the wallet before accessing it. Backup the eth first, otherwise you may lose it.. 😄

 

Activated mine, but never put anything on it. Did you not store the 24 seed words on the little card in the box when you set it up? 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Another great video explaining the last few days. Weak hands giving their bitcoin to the "new" whales.  Mt favourite Crypto youtuber, Crypto Daily. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, markyh said:

Another great video explaining the last few days. Weak hands giving their bitcoin to the "new" whales.  Mt favourite Crypto youtuber, Crypto Daily. 

 

Nice video. Was seeing big buys go through all day this api all the main exchanges

https://btcusd.aggr.trade/

There was also many miners sending coins over to the exchanges. If this was a institutional sale there really would have been blood, but they don't work like that. Half thinking btc is going from the little hands to the institutions. 

There's an article in the telegraph of ppl cashing out their long held btc to buy stuff, gym equipment, Xmas presents etc. that will be worthless in a few years, such a shame

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

I sold, 600% profit after two years or so of hodling. I bought my BC at £750 and sold some at £10,6k (some at less) around 2018 or so.

I don't waste my time on crypto currencies and don't give a rats **** about them. Its not pointless if you don't do it. I do NOT trade or deal in cryptocurrencies. 

Understand now?

Yes you are salty about being a weak hand and bailing before this latest bull run. We understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markyh said:

Activated mine, but never put anything on it. Did you not store the 24 seed words on the little card in the box when you set it up? 
 

Yes, I did. I have to go through with the palaver of typing them in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Yes you are salty about being a weak hand and bailing before this latest bull run. We understand.

I made hundreds of % profit and realised my gains, you lot are holding air.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.