House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

41 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

could always buy a Lamborghini with my disposable income if I felt the need later down the line. but I love being lean with life, can can’t stomach the £20,000 clutch changes! 

Tesla roadster, no clutch. Not much to go wrong. Put a deposit down Xmas 2021!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

Well $9.5k resistance broke and has been been back tested as support, and held, and now we have broken $10k again. now this needs to best tested for support.

Will be a big CME futures Gap to close come Monday so expect a flash crash over 24 hrs sometime next week to close it then straight back up again.

On 04/01/2020 at 18:27, jiltedjen said:

Bitcoin is very binary, it either reaches millions in value per coin or its worthless, there is not really any kind of middle ground, and it keeps stubbornly refusing to reach £0. 

The longer it lives the harder it is to die.

Not just Bitcoin.

Bloomberg: Zombie Crypto Coins Beat Bitcoin During This Year’s Resurgence

“I’ve long expected the demise of the long tail of alts, and so far been mostly frustrated,” said Nic Carter, co-founder of Boston-based tracker Coin Metrics. “Most of the coins did decline by 90% plus, but didn’t outright fail. It turns out that cryptocurrencies just tend to zombify or fade away over time, rather than dying quickly.”

43 minutes ago, Will! said:

Everyone who told us we were crazy when this thread started and BTC would never reach $1k, and $20k or higher was cloud cookoo land, have now missed, and continue to miss the boat, because they believe they missed the boat. They could have bought BTC from Q4 2018 to Q1 2019 for $4k or under, or bought at the end of 2019 for $7k or under, it's now just under $10.5k.  

But they cant because these huge gainz are still "missing the boat when we took on Bitcoin at $400 or less. 

So now huge swaves of people buy cheap ALT's hoping they will become the next Bitcoin, Buy XRP now to $0.30 or EOS for $5 and in under 10 years they will go as high as $20k. 

This drives Alt season, but they aint Bitcoin so none are ever going to make those gainz long term. ETH under $200 is a maybe, as it has already reached $1500, and if BTC hits $100k+ will almost certainly reach $10k. 

53 minutes ago, markyh said:

Everyone who told us we were crazy when this thread started and BTC would never reach $1k, and $20k or higher was cloud cookoo land, have now missed, and continue to miss the boat, because they believe they missed the boat. They could have bought BTC from Q4 2018 to Q1 2019 for $4k or under, or bought at the end of 2019 for $7k or under, it's now just under $10.5k.  

But they cant because these huge gainz are still "missing the boat when we took on Bitcoin at $400 or less. 

So now huge swaves of people buy cheap ALT's hoping they will become the next Bitcoin, Buy XRP now to $0.30 or EOS for $5 and in under 10 years they will go as high as $20k. 

This drives Alt season, but they aint Bitcoin so none are ever going to make those gainz long term. ETH under $200 is a maybe, as it has already reached $1500, and if BTC hits $100k+ will almost certainly reach $10k. 

HPC got me into Bitcoin back in January 2013 or thereabouts. It was about £30 back then.

I still believe this is the best opportunity for an early retirement. No more busy trains, lovely, and all for a £1k 'bet'

HPC and max keiser got me into bitcoin in 2013.

i cant wait for this thread to start blowing up with alt pumpers again who AGAIN missed the bitcoin boat saying their shite-coin is the next best thing. 

thats a good sign that things will be hotting up again.

honestly im suprised its taken this long, i mean £8,036 a coin right now, and this thread is still pretty dead, for a long time it was more or less just me or Markyh posting, not a peep from alt coiners in weeks, or even months at this point.

but i see the wave of alt coin pumpers coming! god loves a moron! 

8 minutes ago, Huggy said:

HPC got me into Bitcoin back in January 2013 or thereabouts. It was about £30 back then.

I still believe this is the best opportunity for an early retirement. No more busy trains, lovely, and all for a £1k 'bet'

Aye.

On 09/02/2020 at 09:59, markyh said:

Well $9.5k resistance broke and has been been back tested as support, and held, and now we have broken $10k again. now this needs to best tested for support.

Will be a big CME futures Gap to close come Monday so expect a flash crash over 24 hrs sometime next week to close it then straight back up again.

Lol. exactly what happened.

3 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

HPC and max keiser got me into bitcoin in 2013.

i cant wait for this thread to start blowing up with alt pumpers again who AGAIN missed the bitcoin boat saying their shite-coin is the next best thing. 

thats a good sign that things will be hotting up again.

honestly im suprised its taken this long, i mean £8,036 a coin right now, and this thread is still pretty dead, for a long time it was more or less just me or Markyh posting, not a peep from alt coiners in weeks, or even months at this point.

but i see the wave of alt coin pumpers coming! god loves a moron! 

My friend when we and several other of the faithful see some of ours to clear our mortgages in the next few years and still have some for a rainy day and possible multi millionaire status in future 4 year cycles around 2025 or 2029. 

I have a nice little HPC Bitcoin bookmark section on my browser from various Altcoiners from 2018. Looking forward to taking the mick out of them come 2021. 

I know  www.bitcoincitadel.com is taken, I wonder who took that? hmmmmm. lol. 

we are bound to get a fresh batch of alt pumpers coming online. 

i think i will clear my mortgage, and im not thinking past that.

i wouldnt even be 35 with no mortgage. and at the end of the day having a simple stress free life is true happiness.
dont even care about going to work, especially when the pressure is off, and the monies that would of be spent on the mortgage could smash out an already big pension, and plenty of nice weekends away 

i think with money you get to the point when its more money more problems. 

best to be humble. take the win and be proud of that. 

I have no idea what i would do if i were rich. i already have a lotus elise, and an allotment, plenty of hobbies, no debt apart from the mortgage,

once the mortgage is done i could even invest in bitcoin again, but rather have that milestone done. 

I'm definitely back into the hope zone. Every chart tells me q3/q4 2021 is the time to cash the majority out. 

It's been a fairly relaxed bear market I'd say, which means I invested what I could afford to lose. It helped that even at the lows I was miles in profit. 

Problem is I'm already at life changing amounts this time around, even at today's prices. My plan is for a systematic sales process from $4 xrp and $20k Bitcoin. Can't be wrong if you're following a process! 

2 hours ago, dragging boot straps said:

I'm definitely back into the hope zone. Every chart tells me q3/q4 2021 is the time to cash the majority out. 

It's been a fairly relaxed bear market I'd say, which means I invested what I could afford to lose. It helped that even at the lows I was miles in profit. 

Problem is I'm already at life changing amounts this time around, even at today's prices. My plan is for a systematic sales process from $4 xrp and $20k Bitcoin. Can't be wrong if you're following a process! 

Most first world problem of all time award?!

why q4 2021 though? I’ve seen two people say that and yet I can’t see how you could ever be so certain about something two years away like that...?

On 09/02/2020 at 09:14, jiltedjen said:

This time around the bubble is starting from a much higher base, it’s building a lot more support, and the previous all time high is not even that far away. 

remember how much this thread was blowing up when it hit its current price last time? well we are all kind of accepting it this time. 

the absolute mania won’t kick off again until we are close to breaking the ATH and then we are off to the races. 

£60,000 a bitcoin before it pops this time around 

perfect conditions with the halving coming soon, the miners are probably already restricting supply, knowing that they can sell it off in the massive bubble. 

the next low will be higher than the current price. Yet many will still sit there snorting afterwards :

’it’s not a great investment if you bought in the three week absolute peak time!!‘

while those of us who just sit and hold are doing just fine. 

key is not to be greedy, this time around I can clear my mortgage. That’s as much of a win as any person needs. Anything else is just greed. 

could always buy a Lamborghini with my disposable income if I felt the need later down the line. but I love being lean with life, can can’t stomach the £20,000 clutch changes! 

What does one buy if one already has a clear mortgage? I suppose you could upsize, but the exhoribant prices would consume all the gain? Can't see the point, now if housing crashed after the 2020 pandemic, lots of Boomers estates coming on, it might be worth it. Gotta get lucky through that first. I reckon if it really moonshots, a bolthole somewhere sunny might be a plan, as long as it could be sustained, taxes etc excepted, pretty sad really that the best chance of crashing the house of cards is a pandemic. Maybe it's what the elite intended anyway? The big reset. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2020 at 20:31, scb said:

$11,800 next week before the next drop back to $11,000 later in the week?

This is why I hodl. I start to think I understand the charts and it does the complete opposite.

58 minutes ago, scb said:

This is why I hodl. I start to think I understand the charts and it does the complete opposite.

A bigger pullback was inevitable imho, from 6.4k to 10.5k with just a few small pauses for breath. As long as we end 2020  somewhere between £11k and £14k all is fine and on track to smash a new ATH then takeoff in early 2021. 

On 13/02/2020 at 09:09, scottbeard said:

Most first world problem of all time award?!

why q4 2021 though? I’ve seen two people say that and yet I can’t see how you could ever be so certain about something two years away like that...?

The clue was in his earlier statement "looking at some charts" meaning "my particular brand of self delusional tea leaf reading".

The upcoming halving is going to reduce supply which should raise the long term price but anything beyond that is just guess work. 

Personally I use Binance but there are many exchanges available to you.  You can keep the coins in Binance or transfer them to a wallet of your choice.  If you just want to speculate on the price movements without owning the coins as such I suggest Etorro.  These are just who I use and have always provided me with a good service.  There is a LOT of choices out there for you though.