House Price Crash Forum
NatterJackToad

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

Just now, narco said:

Explain why. 

The quality of evidence is very poor. Very half hearted chart with a weirdly half empty chart. 

Here is someone who has put some effort in... points the opposite direction to you incidentally. 

3 minutes ago, narco said:

I'm guessing you've not got much experienced reading a candlestick price chart?

I'm guessing you're sure sure of your prediction you've massively shorted XBT....

8 hours ago, dugsbody said:

What is this "cashing out". How do you "cash out" of cash?

its gold v2  

never forget that. 

the paper losses in 2022 will be epic when it goes to 200k then back down 500 bucks.  nay worry it will be 500k in 2025 

1 hour ago, dragging boot straps said:

The quality of evidence is very poor. Very half hearted chart with a weirdly half empty chart. 

Here is someone who has put some effort in... points the opposite direction to you incidentally. 

Put some effort into what? Showing some zigzag prediction of hope?

The chart I posted showed the following:

1) Zero evidence BTC reached any level of support / demand plus clear evidence that $1,200 is the only level of support.

Can you show any support level above $1,200 on the monthly chart? Nope, because it doesn't exist.

2) Monthly RSI - Not even close to being oversold.

3) Monthly MACD - Not even close to being oversold.

I have been trading for  over 8 years. I trade liquid markets (primarily major currencies, gold, and stock Indices). I wouldn't touch BTC with a barge-pole due to the spreads and the fact it is traded in unregulated markets on sketchy exchanges.

2 hours ago, narco said:

Put some effort into what? Showing some zigzag prediction of hope?

The chart I posted showed the following:

1) Zero evidence BTC reached any level of support / demand plus clear evidence that $1,200 is the only level of support.

Can you show any support level above $1,200 on the monthly chart? Nope, because it doesn't exist.

2) Monthly RSI - Not even close to being oversold.

3) Monthly MACD - Not even close to being oversold.

I have been trading for  over 8 years. I trade liquid markets (primarily major currencies, gold, and stock Indices). I wouldn't touch BTC with a barge-pole due to the spreads and the fact it is traded in unregulated markets on sketchy exchanges.

To work TA and charts need lots of humans making similar readings and reacting to what is interpreted. We will never see $1200 again because, we’ll, only you can see it. Everyone else is seeing support at $6800 now. Lol.

5 hours ago, narco said:

The evidence is pretty compelling we're heading for $1200.

Anyone suggesting this is going to $200,000 in 2 years needs to put down the crack pipe.

BTC.PNG

A monthly chart with a clear up trend, then a big red line saying sell sell its resistance. Why not log onto bitmex and open a big short? 

11 hours ago, longgone said:

its gold v2  

never forget that. 

the paper losses in 2022 will be epic when it goes to 200k then back down 500 bucks.  nay worry it will be 500k in 2025 

Think of the amount of fiat that needs to enter the bitcoin ecosystem daily to sustain those prices. 

12 hours ago, longgone said:

its gold v2  

never forget that. 

That would be amazing as the paper (an then real) gains per coin just before that scenario would be slightly more epic (by £250 each). £200k, or slightly below, will be when I sell and 500 quid will be when I buy back.

I hope you have bought some to take advantage of this.

2 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Think of the amount of fiat that needs to enter the bitcoin ecosystem daily to sustain those prices. 

indeed total banking collapse (never going to happen) or media hype commissioned by (sataoshi himself) aka bankers holding BTC stores.  I like how they chuck out a few charts and yank the price up buying and selling to each other to generate a interest. i suppose an air of credibility can be created in the ether of movement.  

13 hours ago, narco said:

You missed some of the easiest trades of your life over the last 8 years due to your bias, congrats.

1 hour ago, Ghostly said:

What do you do with your bitcoin when there is no internet?

You keep it. You can still provide a transaction to someone you want to do business with and it can be broadcasted later (but this is not secure so not for large amounts).

Do you expect that or think it’s likely? There are more and more connectivity options, from satellite to mesh networks. 

9 hours ago, UberMonkeySmallAndChunky said:

You missed some of the easiest trades of your life over the last 8 years due to your bias, congrats.

Bit harsh, he's probably made many huge 10%+ move trades over several months in the last 8 years, mind you we call that the 5 minute chart. 🤣

10 hours ago, UberMonkeySmallAndChunky said:

Gone quiet, perhaps he went short? 

22 hours ago, markyh said:

To work TA and charts need lots of humans making similar readings and reacting to what is interpreted. We will never see $1200 again because, we’ll, only you can see it. Everyone else is seeing support at $6800 now. Lol.

Point me to one person, just one, who has got rich using TA

25 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Dow crashed too. Something afoot? 

Yes apparently Narco pointed out that really on the yearly chart there is no support for the Dow above 1200. So they are all selling to buy Bitcoin.

18 minutes ago, markyh said:

Yes apparently Narco pointed out that really on the yearly chart there is no support for the Dow above 1200. So they are all selling to buy Bitcoin.

Ah, he's looking for 1200 Dow. Makes sense. Prolly has more chance than 1200 btc. 

9 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Point me to one person, just one, who has got rich using TA

Where as if you buy a few Bitcoin, HODL for up to a decade, you have a very good chance of becoming Rich / wealthy, if you can handle the swings.

48 minutes ago, Acid In The Punch Bowl said:

Love that everyone on here talks with authority about Bitcoin either booming or busting, but no-one predicted this massive ******ing rally.

I posted a video mate. I've known about this rally for some time thanks to another guy on a different forum. The size of it has caught everyone out admittedly. It was kicked off by the LTC halvening. 

Imagine the BTC one next year!