House Price Crash Forum
NatterJackToad

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

3 minutes ago, doomed said:

I've all ready had mine so happy to splash around this time and speculate a bit. If it can repeat what happened from 2015-17 for me again my kids kids should do well, if not I have taken enough off the table to live well for the rest of my days. 

Nice to hear.  No resistance above $20k so that'll be interesting!

2 hours ago, doomed said:

I've all ready had mine so happy to splash around this time and speculate a bit. If it can repeat what happened from 2015-17 for me again my kids kids should do well, if not I have taken enough off the table to live well for the rest of my days. 

Didnthodl#

56 minutes ago, longgone said:

Didnthodl#

#butstillinvestingincrypto - like any smart person, his $7k buy order is filled and he is back in the game. I suspect a shedload of moved up short stop losses from $6.8k are now getting taken out, the bears are getting rekt!

Bed now, BTC now @ $7300 on Bitstamp. Oh My God.  My Blockfolio week on week rise, +27% , a 27% rise in value in 1 week. Gotta love Crypto. 

Always goes mental when America wakes up, I’m sure we will have some pull-backs at some point, still a year for the halving so either we get some big pull-backs and some quieter period, or this is just the very early stages of the 12 month long bubble, in which case this puppy could hit some seriously big numbers. 

for me the sign of peak moron bubble peak is when the Alt coiners start to flood this thread and drown out the bitcoiners again. That’s a sign of a big group of people starting to see Bitcoin as expensive and wanting to find cheaper bitcoins, just as silver can bubble very quickly and sharply and then fall just as fast when gold has been on a good run 

10 hours ago, markyh said:

#butstillinvestingincrypto - like any smart person, his $7k buy order is filled and he is back in the game. I suspect a shedload of moved up short stop losses from $6.8k are now getting taken out, the bears are getting rekt!

Bed now, BTC now @ $7300 on Bitstamp. Oh My God.  My Blockfolio week on week rise, +27% , a 27% rise in value in 1 week. Gotta love Crypto. 

will swap my swifts for 10 BTC ?

SwiftDemand09.png

I think now a push to $10k in May and June , then the usual 35-40% correction back to $6kish by end of August then a slow climb back to $10k by years end the come 2020 a constant push up 15-20% retracement , rinse and repeat in first 1/2 of 2020. No doubt we will pass $20k in 2020 by years end.

5 minutes ago, longgone said:

will swap my swifts for 10 BTC ?

SwiftDemand09.png

One day Rodney.............. , I think you are backing the wrong horse.

16 minutes ago, markyh said:

I think now a push to $10k in May and June , then the usual 35-40% correction back to $6kish by end of August then a slow climb back to $10k by years end the come 2020 a constant push up 15-20% retracement , rinse and repeat in first 1/2 of 2020. No doubt we will pass $20k in 2020 by years end.

Bitcoin has almost broken $20k in the previous bubble, I agree we could finally break it by 2020

but I guess the bigger question is where will it end up? 

The last bubble was a little unusual as it was not driven by a halving, but from becoming a bit more mainstream, this time we have a set in stone halving. the same ‘base level’ demand that held the recent low/support level could be in itself enough to drive the price higher just due to the inflation rate changing below most fiat. 

There is no resistance right up to $19k as mentally the level has been broken before, it will chew through it. 

But this bubble is so close to the previous that can we really expect the price to be massively higher than previous bubble peaks? As is the way normally with bitcoin

will it tap out at $22k? $40k? 

At the moment everyone knows at least one bitcoiners in their day to day lives (as the average person knows thousands of people), what will happen when they see those people retiring suddenly? or rocking up to work in a lambo? at which point it becomes a bit more real to the average person. 

i need to sit down and work out my automatic sell levels. I will always hold bitcoin, but it does make sense to clear the mortgage in my early 30’s anything else is greed I guess. and how could I look my future kids in the face having sold it all? 

If myself and my partner set up accounts of exchanges could we use both of our tax allowances up? 

34 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

You can pass anything to your other half with no implication. I'll certainly be using her cgt allowance. As I did last time when I sold over £100k worth.

Agreed as far as cashing out in a few years the wife will suddenly be gifted the CGT limit in Bitcoin in each tax year.

8 minutes ago, markyh said:

Agreed as far as cashing out in a few years the wife will suddenly be gifted the CGT limit in Bitcoin in each tax year.

What is this "cashing out". How do you "cash out" of cash?

Looking at the times of the recent price spikes, many seem to be suggesting this rally is being driven from Asia.

The truth is, people who don't follow Crypto, which is most people are completely unaware of this spike over the last 3 months and still consider BTC to be very much a dead technology since they last heard about it in early 2018. That's why I believe we'll see another 2 or 3 very large surges higher over the next 9 months as casual investors wake up again. I wouldn't be surprised at all by £16k by the year's end with a few pull backs inbetween and then settle around 11-15k range in 2020. Bitcoin's mega rallies usually have a fair bit of lag after each halving so if past experience is anything to go by we wont be seeing the the peak of the next bull run until the end of 2021.

1 hour ago, JawKnee said:

Bitcoin's mega rallies usually have a fair bit of lag after each halving so if past experience is anything to go by we wont be seeing the the peak of the next bull run until the end of 2021.

I think the regulars here will agree with this. December 2021 should be $200k+, at least as peaks are usually 20 x previous high or 100x previous low. 

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

What is this "cashing out". How do you "cash out" of cash?

Selling assets into fiat triggers CGT bill, if you are residing in the Uk when it happens. 

6 minutes ago, markyh said:

Selling assets into fiat triggers CGT bill, if you are residing in the Uk when it happens. 

My post was ironic. Or meant to be.

We're extremely close to a multi year top and may have just seen the blow off today. I hope nobody FOMO'd into this dead cat.

6 minutes ago, narco said:

We're extremely close to a multi year top and may have just seen the blow off today. I hope nobody FOMO'd into this dead cat.

Love your posts. Wrong so often. I still think there could be one last low for even misery guts like you to buy in. 

Just now, dragging boot straps said:

Love your posts. Wrong so often. I still think there could be one last low for even misery guts like you to buy in. 

A quick glance at a monthly chart is clear it never even reached oversold levels. This bounce is nothing but a short squeeze in a downtrend. 

The low is written on the charts at $1,200.

41 minutes ago, narco said:

A quick glance at a monthly chart is clear it never even reached oversold levels. This bounce is nothing but a short squeeze in a downtrend. 

The low is written on the charts at $1,200.

I really hope you’re right. I didn’t buy enough in the $3k’s

15 minutes ago, dannyf said:

I really hope you’re right. I didn’t buy enough in the $3k’s

The evidence is pretty compelling we're heading for $1200.

Anyone suggesting this is going to $200,000 in 2 years needs to put down the crack pipe.

BTC.PNG

Edited by narco

4 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

I'm not compelled by your evidence. 

I'm guessing you've not got much experience reading a candlestick price chart?

Edited by narco