House Price Crash Forum
NatterJackToad

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

25 minutes ago, longgone said:

LoL 

What if the USB stick breaks :lol:

I admire you man only a millionaire could absorb a 80k paper loss and still think they made the right choice. 

Balls bigger than trump fair play.

Back to £31k now so only a max £72k paper loss if I sold up now, lol. And as I keep reminding you, check the blockchain volume stats, very few actually sold at $20k top correctly as we didn’t know it was the top until much later in 2018. 

But it takes a certain temperament to watch an investment go from £2k to £103k within 4 years, then to £18k, then to £31k and still not sell, but in fact put another £8.5k in. 

Got to believe in the bigger long term picture, you only get one chance in life to get in early before the smart money and early retirement. 

54 minutes ago, markyh said:

Back to £31k now so only a max £72k paper loss if I sold up now, lol. And as I keep reminding you, check the blockchain volume stats, very few actually sold at $20k top correctly as we didn’t know it was the top until much later in 2018. 

But it takes a certain temperament to watch an investment go from £2k to £103k within 4 years, then to £18k, then to £31k and still not sell, but in fact put another £8.5k in. 

Got to believe in the bigger long term picture, you only get one chance in life to get in early before the smart money and early retirement. 

I was the last to visit Woolworths a few years back, all the good stuff had gone the buildings were owned by someone else and there was a load of krap on the shop floor looking for new owners as apparently it was worth converting from fiat as how else could one pay for it. 

"We did not know it was the top" LOL 

Fook me did you miss the dot com garbage.

Can’t compare to dot.com, Bitcoin isn’t a company so can’t go bust. It’s a genie that can’t be put back into the bottle!

Really hate the captain hindsights on this thread who repeatedly say you should have sold at $20k and bought back at $3k. Absolute morons. 

In other news looks like crypto winter is over. I was expecting another low this summer before an epic 18 month rise. 

I have a tonne of xrp also and that has remained stable. However when it rips it then tends to outperform btc by 4 to 1. Currently under 5000 satoshis and it will tear back to 20000 satoshis.

All interesting and profitable times ahead for my btc and xrp. Nocoiners continue to look on as the world changes around them. I'll be retiring. 

45 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

Really hate the captain hindsights on this thread who repeatedly say you should have sold at $20k and bought back at $3k. Absolute morons. 

In other news looks like crypto winter is over. I was expecting another low this summer before an epic 18 month rise. 

I have a tonne of xrp also and that has remained stable. However when it rips it then tends to outperform btc by 4 to 1. Currently under 5000 satoshis and it will tear back to 20000 satoshis.

All interesting and profitable times ahead for my btc and xrp. Nocoiners continue to look on as the world changes around them. I'll be retiring. 

Ummm. Wasn’t $6400- $6800 btc supposed to be 8 month 2018 bear trend support that will take months or years to break through? Didn’t last a week

Back  to where I was in Nov 2018 on the day of the Bitcoin cash fork crash. 

Now $2k crypto pot of 2013/14 and added £8.5k crypto pot of 2018 are both in profit. 

i think we have a very good chance of $10k btc now in 2019. 

$3.1k was the cycle bottom, read it and weep, if your banker friends haven’t given you the nod to get in already they sold you down the river. 

1 hour ago, dragging boot straps said:

captain hindsights

Don't be too hard on them, they just lack foresight and imagination. I'd also put their rank as Corporal at the very most, no matter which character they have as an avatar.

13 hours ago, markyh said:

Captain hindsights/no coiners would have sold the £2k you originally put in when it doubled or trippled in a short space of time.   They are used to regular investment returns.

18 minutes ago, UberMonkeySmallAndChunky said:

Captain hindsights/no coiners would have sold the £2k you originally put in when it doubled or trippled in a short space of time.   They are used to regular investment returns.

True, in fact I had to hold off 2 bites at £100k+ within 3 weeks of each other. On 17th December my $2k stash hit £102k due to bitcoin, that had dropped to £77k on NYD 2018. By 8th Jan 2018 the altcoin boom had kicked in and the 20% Alts exploded and dragged my pot to £103k. Still held my nerve. Mortgage free or bust!

4 minutes ago, markyh said:

True, in fact I had to hold off 2 bites at £100k+ within 3 weeks of each other. On 17th December my $2k stash hit £102k due to bitcoin, that had dropped to £77k on NYD 2018. By 8th Jan 2018 the altcoin boom had kicked in and the 20% Alts exploded and dragged my pot to £103k. Still held my nerve. Mortgage free or bust!

This!

My gains at the peak of 2017 were lower, just under £70k, but this amount is not life changing. If it goes to zero, then life still hasn't been changed. If the price does go mental again, retiring in my mid-forties is a strong possibility and my life will have been changed markedly for the better. I'd rather not risk that for a 'mere' 70 grand.

1 hour ago, markyh said:

Ummm. Wasn’t $6400- $6800 btc supposed to be 8 month 2018 bear trend support that will take months or years to break through? Didn’t last a week

Back  to where I was in Nov 2018 on the day of the Bitcoin cash fork crash. 

Now $2k crypto pot of 2013/14 and added £8.5k crypto pot of 2018 are both in profit. 

i think we have a very good chance of $10k btc now in 2019. 

$3.1k was the cycle bottom, read it and weep, if your banker friends haven’t given you the nod to get in already they sold you down the river. 

Hey mate. Have you confused me with someone else? I'm not sure what you're referring to. 

I'm actually thinking btc will be back at all time high end of this year or certainly early next.

39 minutes ago, markyh said:

You do know you could sell and then rebuy. 

It's not a classic car or oil painting that when you sell that's it. 

Hindsight no coiners did actually tell him to sell in Dec 2017 but the belief cult was too great to listen.:lol:

32 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

Hey mate. Have you confused me with someone else? I'm not sure what you're referring to. 

I'm actually thinking btc will be back at all time high end of this year or certainly early next.

Not aimed at you just an general statement for the nocoiners.

36 minutes ago, longgone said:

Hindsight no coiners did actually tell him to sell in Dec 2017 but the belief cult was too great to listen.:lol:

Don't forget hindsight no-coiners also stating it's a bad investment every single day in every single month since Bitcoin started.

Well done for getting the Dec 2017 one right 🙄

Getting the direction right in, for example, Mar 2013 would have improved your outlook and profits somewhat ❤️ 

38 minutes ago, longgone said:

Have said before I’m not a Trader I’m. Long term investor, minimum of 10 years, maybe lifetime investor, with an exit strategy of selling 50% when after tax that will clear my mortgage. As a long term investor I have twice added to my position at or not far from the bottom in % terms. 

Now we are so far so early in May, bitcoin short futures contracts not due to me settled for another 3 weeks, but sometime in the next few months we will get another 30%-40% pull back and at that point I may add my final £1k in. 

4 hours ago, dragging boot straps said:

I’m currently 83% btc and 17% Alts but have 4000 Xrp in the Alts mix. I think when when get a big btc pullback some kind of Alt rally will begin. But happy to see the Alts go to 2% and 98% btc dominance. I keep Alts as a kind of Hedge vs btc.

Btw this rally is my fault I put my 4 x mining GFX cards on eBay last Sunday , bids currently at £1220. When I could now be turning over a whopping 50p a day per card on Nicehash!!

35 minutes ago, doomed said:

Well watching this rally has hurt. Have orders at just under $7k in case it goes again, or will buy any dip.

I did say you were brave sitting it out ;)

Im hoping the gains slow down a bit. Would rather have slow consistent growth than a bubble rally and bust too early

4 hours ago, longgone said:

Start of dec 2017 price = $10k, also got up to 20% CGT.  As i said previous you could have got a $10k bticoin sold in the next tax year for a brief moment also with reset CGT. 

Also what you going to do move.. 100% of your stash onto an exchange to sell?

When do you pick to rebuy also?

2 hours ago, doomed said:

Well watching this rally has hurt. Have orders at just under $7k in case it goes again, or will buy any dip.

Ouch. Good luck, trying to time the bitcoin market in and out is not my bag. If in 13 years time we never got above $20k again I would sell 1/2 then and clear the remaining mortgage and think, oh well, was still a good 20+ year investment.

6 hours ago, markyh said:

I’m currently 83% btc and 17% Alts but have 4000 Xrp in the Alts mix. I think when when get a big btc pullback some kind of Alt rally will begin. But happy to see the Alts go to 2% and 98% btc dominance. I keep Alts as a kind of Hedge vs btc.

Ripple is a dog and is going to zero. The only reason to hold is as a hedge. BTC is gold, litecoin is silver, the rest are shitcoins.

2 hours ago, markyh said:

Ouch. Good luck, trying to time the bitcoin market in and out is not my bag. If in 13 years time we never got above $20k again I would sell 1/2 then and clear the remaining mortgage and think, oh well, was still a good 20+ year investment.

Agreed, timing is for traders or gamblers, it was time to buy when litecoin was £20, i did :) , how hodl for the moonshot. If you dont belive in the technology do nothing (except weep when btc hits 10k)

5 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Ripple is a dog and is going to zero. The only reason to hold is as a hedge. BTC is gold, litecoin is silver, the rest are shitcoins.

Agreed, timing is for traders or gamblers, it was time to buy when litecoin was £20, i did :) , how hodl for the moonshot. If you dont belive in the technology do nothing (except weep when btc hits 10k)

I think those waiting for $2k or $1k BTC are already weeping. Pmsl. 

1 minute ago, markyh said:

I think those waiting for $2k or $1k BTC are already weeping. Pmsl. 

haha, ill be laughing not weeping when Ltc hits 500.

Time to repost to of my favourite Bitcoin Youtube video's, just read the comments, look at the date and the price and smile, they where all wrong so far. Really looking forward to the 2019/20 part 3 when we pass $20k on towards $50k.

3 hours ago, markyh said:

I've all ready had mine so happy to splash around this time and speculate a bit. If it can repeat what happened from 2015-17 for me again my kids kids should do well, if not I have taken enough off the table to live well for the rest of my days.