House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

I have been surprised at how little the price has moved, the low is whatever low point it reaches come June/July, that could be just £500 less than current prices! doesn’t have to be a drastic move down to still be a low. 

the higher the low the better really. either way June/July is prime buying time. 

im sure we will get some no-coiners coming back to this thread and laughing at what little drop we get as the last bears sell out in the summer. 

history is repeating. and a huge buying mania shall return. Bitcoin is no longer as scary or unheard of as it once was. Anyone who bought the last peak and held will be walking around telling everyone how savvy they are with their 10’s of £k gains.

this next bubble it will be heading well on its way to £60k, but sadly that’s when some kind of international crackdown will happen, at that point as it passes £40k a coin it will start to be a real threat to financial stability. As the Bank of England has said clearly that it will act of it ever does become a threat. 

come early 2019 it’s time the sell down your holdings down to a 21 million club member level, pay the mortgage off. I will of done my bit for the cause by then, bringing the end to the period central bank irresponsibility, and the end to easy quantitative easing without instant violent kick-back to fiat value. 

whats really interesting is when the next large financial crisis hits, they will have to trash all savings and fiat value even harder. basically try and get you to take on masses of debt at gun-point. bitcoin has birthed in financial crisis, it will come of age in the next one. 

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markyh

• MonsieurCopperCrutch

• goldbug9999

• jiltedjen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

11 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

I have been surprised at how little the price has moved, the low is whatever low point it reaches come June/July, that could be just £500 less than current prices! doesn’t have to be a drastic move down to still be a low. 

the higher the low the better really. either way June/July is prime buying time. 

im sure we will get some no-coiners coming back to this thread and laughing at what little drop we get as the last bears sell out in the summer. 

history is repeating. and a huge buying mania shall return. Bitcoin is no longer as scary or unheard of as it once was. Anyone who bought the last peak and held will be walking around telling everyone how savvy they are with their 10’s of £k gains.

this next bubble it will be heading well on its way to £60k, but sadly that’s when some kind of international crackdown will happen, at that point as it passes £40k a coin it will start to be a real threat to financial stability. As the Bank of England has said clearly that it will act of it ever does become a threat. 

come early 2019 it’s time the sell down your holdings down to a 21 million club member level, pay the mortgage off. I will of done my bit for the cause by then, bringing the end to the period central bank irresponsibility, and the end to easy quantitative easing without instant violent kick-back to fiat value. 

whats really interesting is when the next large financial crisis hits, they will have to trash all savings and fiat value even harder. basically try and get you to take on masses of debt at gun-point. bitcoin has birthed in financial crisis, it will come of age in the next one. 

Done your "bit for the cause", that's so incredibly noble, I'm going to see if I can get you nominated for the Nobel peace prize...:lol:

Edited by wsn03
2 hours ago, Fatmanfilms said:

Probably never.

I will take that bet, sometime before 2021, Bitcoin has never not passed a previous high in a 3 year timespan, so December 2017 to December 2020, sometime between it will happen, and I got in in 2013 and have seen it twice already.

33 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

So you’re saying $200k+ BTC by January 2021?

Well based on all of the logical argument I've seen on here that seems perfectly plausible.

I also think that (2021) will be the year that England win the 2022 World Cup.

1 hour ago, Lavalas said:

So millionaires will push the price up to $200k+ because they’ll all want to own one bitcoin? Why do you think they’ll want to tie up their capital at that price? Why isn’t that happening now at these prices?

Their not yet aware, I bet there are plenty of paper millionaires in the world who don't hold any paper or physical gold, but when FIAT collapses and Gold say goes to $10k and your $1m is now worth the equivalent of $100k, they will desperately want to hold Gold, same with Bitcoin.  So why don't all paper millionaires buy up Gold now? Look at Venezeula, if you where a Bolivar millionaire in 2010 and pretty well off you a re poor now. 

23 minutes ago, markyh said:

Their not yet aware, I bet there are plenty of paper millionaires in the world who don't hold any paper or physical gold, but when FIAT collapses and Gold say goes to $10k and your $1m is now worth the equivalent of $100k, they will desperately want to hold Gold, same with Bitcoin.  So why don't all paper millionaires buy up Gold now? Look at Venezeula, if you where a Bolivar millionaire in 2010 and pretty well off you a re poor now. 

because all millionaires got their Fiat by accident, not any sort of intelligent thought. 

29 minutes ago, markyh said:

So at what point should we sell up our FIAT assets? I'd like to leave my current world to come and serve the new Bitcoin Masters while the masses starve (because that's bound to happen)

2 minutes ago, wsn03 said:

So at what point should we sell up our FIAT assets? I'd like to leave my current world to come and serve the new Bitcoin Masters while the masses starve (because that's bound to happen)

i`m never selling my fiat assets.  master bates could be the new crypto master. 

1998_Fiat_Punto_SX_Selecta_1.2_Front.jpg

39 minutes ago, longgone said:

i`m never selling my fiat assets.  master bates could be the new crypto master. 

1998_Fiat_Punto_SX_Selecta_1.2_Front.jpg

Then you're going to be a loser. When the world collapses all you'll be able to do with that is....err....drive it? 

Edited by wsn03
On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:44, dannyf said:

“The halving” meaning the halving of the block reward, not of the price

Ah, thank you for clarifying, "the halving" being referred to like a certain event rather than a forecast suddenly makes sense (because it IS a certain event!!)

5 hours ago, markyh said:

I guess because they don't believe that FIAT will collapse.  I would think most are more diversified than holding a big wodge of currency in a bank account though.