House Price Crash Forum
NatterJackToad

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

19 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Yeah but you also think Ripple is a cryptocurrency. ūüėĀ

You forgot Bytecoin.

I did suggested people here but some, but no one listened. Ok so it is just 10 bagger so far, but it could in theory get to $0.3 which would be a 100 bagger.

Moderator, everything I wrote in the two posts that you have censored is objectively true. Point for point. Verifyably true. That makes you complicit in the btrash gatekeeping. But that's your job , isn't it ?

You can put your finger in the dyle, you cannot hold back the tide. Ignorant jobsworth.

56 minutes ago, evetsm said:

Moderator, everything I wrote in the two posts that you have censored is objectively true. Point for point. Verifyably true. That makes you complicit in the btrash gatekeeping. But that's your job , isn't it ?

You can put your finger in the dyle, you cannot hold back the tide. Ignorant jobsworth.

ūüėÜ...loving it, absolutely brilliant¬†

Edited by wsn03

On 05/05/2018 at 17:09, narco said:

Not sure if $10k will be the top but we're on the final push before a monumental collapse. 

Stocks are rolling over, the USDX has turned, housing has topped out. Crypto will get crushed to lows that will horrify every single hodler. 

Just a polite and friendly heads up.¬†ūüėČ

Yes - apart from a few trolls everyone on the site is here because they are expecting the mother of all crashes that will affect housing prices and, even more so crypto prices. 

We know it's coming but the golden question is when.

Unfortunately, as you pointed out there isn't much support till way down the charts but, equally, once through 10k there isn't much sign of resistance upto around the $30k mark. 

News this morning from the New York Times is that the NYSE is planning to open a Bitcoin exchange according to secret documents they have obtained. 

In other words therefore it's a highly volatile market and nobody can predict what will happen - as shown numerous times from the predictions on this thread, 

2 hours ago, evetsm said:

Content is moderated in order.  Members who post high quality content are unmoderated. 

Edited by HPC Pollster

2 hours ago, dragging boot straps said:

Hi guys,

Have you seen XRP and ripple the company? It seems like it is a cheaper and faster bitcoin. Also more decentralised from miners demanding high fees?

Interested in people's thoughts and why it is better than Bitcoin.

This should be interesting! Not a lot of love for Ripple on here, or indeed anywhere...

(for what it's worth, I like XRP, think they've probably got the best chance of surviving of any cryptos).

7 hours ago, dragging boot straps said:

Hi guys,

Have you seen XRP and ripple the company? It seems like it is a cheaper and faster bitcoin. Also more decentralised from miners demanding high fees?

Interested in people's thoughts and why it is better than Bitcoin.

I have, and I have a lovely stash of XRP.

It is so much easier to use than BTC, given that both systems are just registers of a digital asset, there is no fundamental difference between a unit of XRP and a unit of BTC. There is nothing rare especially rare about BTC, just look at all the clones, which all do the same.

The thing XRP has, that no other Crypto has is speed. You do a test send, which takes  1 second transfer, and then resend the rest of the money in another second.

Contrast this with BTC, which can take hours.

#XRPTheStandard

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

5 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I have, and I have a lovely stash of XRP.

It is so much easier to use than BTC, given that both systems are just registers of a digital asset, there is no fundamental difference between a unit of XRP and a unit of BTC. There is nothing rare especially rare about BTC, just look at all the clones, which all do the same.

The thing XRP has, that no other Crypto has is speed. You do a test send, which takes  1 second transfer, and then resend the rest of the money in another second.

Contrast this with BTC, which can take hours.

#XRPTheStandard

Purposely trying to antagonise crypto supporters but I won’t rise to it. Will just restate what has been said many many times.

Bitcoin is decentralised and non inflationary. There is no central authority or central infrastructure that can control your money, freeze it, steal it or inflate it.  XRP has none of these properties.

There are good reasons XRP is not included in the bit20 index... (http://www.bittwenty.com/bit20.php)

Edited by dannyf

9 hours ago, dannyf said:

Purposely trying to antagonise crypto supporters but I won’t rise to it. Will just restate what has been said many many times.

Bitcoin is decentralised and non inflationary. There is no central authority or central infrastructure that can control your money, freeze it, steal it or inflate it.  XRP has none of these properties.

There are good reasons XRP is not included in the bit20 index... (http://www.bittwenty.com/bit20.php)

Hence why I ignored it. FYI, I hold 4000 Ripple, but I hold a lot more Bitcoin in $$$ value, and ripple don't go nowhere BTC doesn't first, up or down in price, they all play follow the leader. 

Until one clearly doesn't , BTC will always be around 70% of my crypto holdings.

14 hours ago, dannyf said:

Hi. Thanks for this but it didn't make a lot of sense. XRP is decentralised : https://ripple.com/insights/continued-decentralization-xrp-ledger-consensus-protocol/

Your XRP can't be frozen or controlled on the ledger. Only ious created by using bodies: https://ripple.com/build/freeze/

As for the part about inflation...XRP is a deflationary currency as some is forever destroyed in every transaction. 

Whereas I find bitcoin very slow and very expensive. Also isn't it controlled by Chinese miners and therefore very centralised?

Add into this that XRP is good for the environment then I'm not sure it is a contest. 

Anyone thoughts on other ways XRP is better than Bitcoin? It doesn't seem to have any edge. 

9 hours ago, dragging boot straps said:

Hi. Thanks for this but it didn't make a lot of sense. XRP is decentralised : https://ripple.com/insights/continued-decentralization-xrp-ledger-consensus-protocol/

Your XRP can't be frozen or controlled on the ledger. Only ious created by using bodies: https://ripple.com/build/freeze/

As for the part about inflation...XRP is a deflationary currency as some is forever destroyed in every transaction. 

Whereas I find bitcoin very slow and very expensive. Also isn't it controlled by Chinese miners and therefore very centralised?

Add into this that XRP is good for the environment then I'm not sure it is a contest. 

Anyone thoughts on other ways XRP is better than Bitcoin? It doesn't seem to have any edge. 

I’m fascinated to know how it achieves distributed consensus without something like proof of work and why this didn’t come along before bitcoin. Do you run a full node? Where does the security come from?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, dannyf said:

I’m fascinated to know how it achieves distributed consensus without something like proof of work and why this didn’t come along before bitcoin. Do you run a full node? Where does the security come from?

Thanks in advance.

And who is the CEO of Bitcoin that can be arrested and where is the registered Bitcoin company that can be shut down or its assets seized if the Powers to be want? Same with Ripple.

1 hour ago, markyh said:

And who is the CEO of Bitcoin that can be arrested and where is the registered Bitcoin company that can be shut down or its assets seized if the Powers to be want? Same with Ripple.

But the ledger is open source and decentralised? Not sure your above makes sense. Ripple could close tomorrow and XRP would go on. 

Bit early to be having a drink and ranting mate! 

1 hour ago, dragging boot straps said:

But the ledger is open source and decentralised? Not sure your above makes sense. Ripple could close tomorrow and XRP would go on. 

Bit early to be having a drink and ranting mate! 

All Ripple nodes are known and thus can be shut down, and as its not POW the code can be changed without consenus of all the nodes. 

I have, and can again, run a Bitcoin Node, i have the parked asics to do it, it would run at a loss but if a wanted i could have them running as a node agan tomorrow. There are over 10k Bitcoin Blockchan nodes around the world and to stop them all you would have to switch off the internet.

11 hours ago, markyh said:

All Ripple nodes are known and thus can be shut down, and as its not POW the code can be changed without consenus of all the nodes. 

I have, and can again, run a Bitcoin Node, i have the parked asics to do it, it would run at a loss but if a wanted i could have them running as a node agan tomorrow. There are over 10k Bitcoin Blockchan nodes around the world and to stop them all you would have to switch off the internet.

Or render the system uneconomic for miners and for transactions - which is is what will kill Bitcoin.

Also Ripple had released the production version Rippled. I'll be running my own node.

14 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Or render the system uneconomic for miners and for transactions - which is is what will kill Bitcoin.

Also Ripple had released the production version Rippled. I'll be running my own node.

Right. All miners will shut down if it’s uneconomic if it’s bitcoin (which it never will be). But you will run a node out of the goodness of your heart if it’s ripple. Double standard?

And who will choose your node as a validator. The whole concept of having to choose your validating nodes and trying to pick those not working in cahoots is flawed. It may work in the short term and be more economic in energy use. But that’s because you’re compromising on security and it may come back to bite you. With bitcoin it 100% provably will not. That is the problem crypto solved! Take your chances. But with my hard earned wealth I will not.

If ripple replaces swift then great. Any improvement is ok by me. But there is no way I am storing significant wealth in xrp.

Edited by dannyf

1 hour ago, dannyf said:

Right. All miners will shut down if it’s uneconomic if it’s bitcoin (which it never will be). But you will run a node out of the goodness of your heart if it’s ripple. Double standard?

And who will choose your node as a validator. The whole concept of having to choose your validating nodes and trying to pick those not working in cahoots is flawed. It may work in the short term and be more economic in energy use. But that’s because you’re compromising on security and it may come back to bite you. With bitcoin it 100% provably will not. That is the problem crypto solved! Take your chances. But with my hard earned wealth I will not.

If ripple replaces swift then great. Any improvement is ok by me. But there is no way I am storing significant wealth in xrp.

The cost of running a Ripple Validator is isn't that high, an actually the lack of direct incentive prevents bad actors who might concentrate on running the largest volume of transactions.  Whilst good actors with a vested interest in the success of the network do have incentive. Bitcoin core is more concentrated than you realise, and with the reward declining as transactions cost also set to rise, this will suddenly pull the rug from under core.

2 hours ago, dannyf said:

Prolly wise as i predict ripple will be 20c at year end. 

Btc will be 8k usd.

Why are people so thick when it comes to XRP?  It is a ponzi coin designed  solely to line Ripple Corp's pockets.

If you like the tech behind XRP you buy XLM..... If you want completely instant transactions and zero fees then you buy Nano.

If you want an expensive, non scalable plodder with high transaction fees then you buy Bitcoin. 

After 18 days of my Crypto holdings being over ¬£50k and getting quite close to ¬£60k, they broke back down through ¬£50k this morning to ¬£46.5k.¬†ūüė∂

No more on this now until above £50k again or below £40k.

Not much happening. The ups and downs are not as sharp and sudden as they were, becoming more drawn out as the market decides direction.

I think we probably will re-rest the $6,200 support which should hold firm, at which point it should become extremely boring and flat for a few more years. 

I cant see much momentum coming from market sentiment for a long time baring external factors such as huge positive news, such as we have seen from the futures being traded and associated price bump, until we are able to put our pensions in or hold them in investment accounts with the associated liquidity, its just going to be pretty boring for a long time.

Just continue the slow accumulation of coins and tokens, it very much does seem when bitcoin booms its raises every boat, so even some of the alts should be lifted also when the time comes, not really worth the extra hassle. But i guess there will become better online accounts where you can store all manor of alts online?