House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
34 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Yeah someone just dumped a truck load of money into the top half dozen coins and the rest of the market isnt doing too shabby either.

Still happy we are approaching 1/2 way through April and still not gone below $6k yet alone my -80% peak $4k doomsday target. 

Just hope this isn't an attempt to drive the price up with momentumn to short it down again, hopefully the weak hands are to burnt to pile back in on mass. I want to see nce steady rises. $1k a month is fine by me!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Isn't it just the exchanges liquidating all the short positions; a "reverse bubble" if you will?

Something doesn't shoot up just under 20% like that in a straight line through "organic growth". 

Also none of this seems to actually help bitcoin's aspirations as a currency. The whole point of a reliable medium of exchange is that it's stable and risk free. I can't Amazon clamouring to take on a currency which can decrease or increase in value at that speed. 

So Bitcoin; great for a bit of gambling, useless for anything else. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Finiancial Freedon just released a video today before the spike up basically saying it's going to suddenly burst down any moment due to two weekly inside candles, and it did the opposite. 

However he did mention  a warning about stops on shorts place recently on leveraged products as the triangle of the trendlines is narrowing, squeezing into a triangle again. He said something like "be careful placing short stops close under/over the upper trendline as there could be a co-ordinated attack via the exchanges to take out all you stops just when you think ins going to break and tumble south.

And what has happen literally 2 hrs later after the video! Boom a 20% jump (up to a high of 8887 on Bitstamp!) and there must be a wave of leverage shorts in IG Index etc who just had their short stops wiped out and money grabbed off the table!

I'm interested now if the daily close will end up closing above the uppertrend line for a breakout long on the daily chart. The 4hr and 1 hr candles have and still are currently closed above the trendlines. 

It this suddenly turns bullish I think there are going to be a lot of people really, really caught with their pants down short!

Interesting. We shall see.

HOLA449
22 minutes ago, markyh said:

It this suddenly turns bullish I think there are going to be a lot of people really, really caught with their pants down short!

Looks like a standard pump and dump short squeeze on the path to $5,000 and ultimately $1,350.

Nothing has changed on the weekly and long term support hasn't yet been reached. 

I'd be surprised if this lasts more than a few days. 

HOLA4410
57 minutes ago, narco said:

Looks like a standard pump and dump short squeeze on the path to $5,000 and ultimately $1,350.

Nothing has changed on the weekly and long term support hasn't yet been reached. 

I'd be surprised if this lasts more than a few days. 

Thing is I like this idea from late March about Bitcoin being in a 2013 cycle rather than 2014 and going to $80k!  I can say if it gets above $20k there is nothing stopping it getting to $80k. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
4 minutes ago, Slimline said:

80k? I've got some air bubbles for sale. Yours for 50k! Bargain ?

Wrong person, you need to PM Mikel Lib , he will happily trade those air bubbles for his swiftcoin, he will give you a great rate. PMSL

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
6 minutes ago, Slimline said:

80k? I've got some air bubbles for sale. Yours for 50k! Bargain ?

As they guy said, we were all over the moon early 2017 when BTC passed $2k. Had you predicted $20k by year end 2017 posts like yours would appear, taking the piss..........then what happened?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The sentiment is being driven by Santander actually deploying XRP.

The EOS thing yesterday, was a Pump and Dump operation, but this rise is actually real. XRP is leading and is close to busting $0.6 from $0.48 earlier, whilst $BTC isn't yet above over $7600k.

Essentially XRP is showing that Crypto can be mainstream.  I suspect $1.20 with a few weeks.

HOLA4417
9 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

The sentiment is being driven by Santander actually deploying XRP.

The EOS thing yesterday, was a Pump and Dump operation, but this rise is actually real. XRP is leading and is close to busting $0.6 from $0.48 earlier, whilst $BTC isn't yet above over $7600k.

Essentially XRP is showing that Crypto can be mainstream.  I suspect $1.20 with a few weeks.

********. Only one reason XRP and EOS and all the other Alts jumped up yesterday. Bitcoin "Daddy" was holding their hands and Jumped high himself first dragging them with him, if he lands too hard and breaks through the floor they are going down the next level with him!

They still all only go where Bitcoin goes. I mean look IOTA is doing better than XRP this morning FFS.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, markyh said:

********. Only one reason XRP and EOS and all the other Alts jumped up yesterday. Bitcoin "Daddy" was holding their hands and Jumped high himself first dragging them with him, if he lands too hard and breaks through the floor they are going down the next level with him!

They still all only go where Bitcoin goes. I mean look IOTA is doing better than XRP this morning FFS.

Eos. Is up on the air drop of else dac on 12 april and the Pre release of eos dawn 3.0 which is the Pre cursor to mainnet on June 1st.

HOLA4420

Detached observer here; I'm not a crypto nerd so civil responses to this questions would be appreciated. 

Can someone explain why you guys hate Ripple? As a non crypto guy, Ripple is the only one that's ever interested me because;

It's in reasonable, understandable units; prices can be 5 XRP or similar instead of 0.00000067325 Bitcoin. 

Transactions are (as I understand it) much faster. 

Banks are actually using it. 

This seems to suggest to me that it's got far more of a use case than, say, BTC. 

Can anyone explain (nicely, given that as referred to above I have only a passing interest in crypto) the scepticism around It please?

HOLA4421
57 minutes ago, Hullabaloo82 said:

Can anyone explain (nicely, given that as referred to above I have only a passing interest in crypto) the scepticism around It please?

XRP has no advantage over over say the $ which ... banks use, can be transacted quickly and cheaply etc. It has none of the characteristics that make a cypro currency appealing in the first place.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4422
14 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

XRP has no advantage over over say the $ which ... banks use, can be transacted quickly and cheaply etc. It has none of the characteristics that make a cypro currency appealing in the first place.

and it has no real place in ripples products either, thats the problem, if ripple crypto was a mainstay of ripples payment products then it would be much more valuable.

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Hullabaloo82 said:

Detached observer here; I'm not a crypto nerd so civil responses to this questions would be appreciated. 

Can someone explain why you guys hate Ripple? As a non crypto guy, Ripple is the only one that's ever interested me because;

It's in reasonable, understandable units; prices can be 5 XRP or similar instead of 0.00000067325 Bitcoin. 

Transactions are (as I understand it) much faster. 

Banks are actually using it. 

This seems to suggest to me that it's got far more of a use case than, say, BTC. 

For me it's not decentralised like BTC. It can be shutdown, "bought", controlled by Governments where its servers are. Which means they can take it away from you whenever the want, like FIAT.

Me is have the ASICs to run a very small low powered Bitcoin node from my home office, should I wish. And if the difficulty of bitcoin mining dropped 99% I could be 10% of the Bitcoin hashpower with my 21 G/hash. That would have been a decent sized mining pool in 2011/12.

HOLA4424

This current crypto price rise started with another declaration by an Islamic scholar that they are halal. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/bitcoin-islamic-law-muslims-cryptocurrency-market-permissible-sharia-news-price-surge-a8302761.html

Perfectly timed news for a bitcoin short squeeze.

HOLA4425
57 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

This is kind of why I like ripple to be honest; because it's basically an actual currency. That last part is also the reason why I own none of it (I already have £ which I'm pretty happy with) or in fact any cryptos at all. 

In your view, what are the advantages of BTC over the  € or £ or USE?