House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

7 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

@markyh

Are you leading this?! 😂

No, but i am involved indirectly. It's a "Class Action" suit, so when they win, all Hex holders will receive a share of the payout. This started at least six month ago. 

My Hex holding steady @ £1m recently, it did reach a high of £1.2m last weekend when Hex set a new ATH @ $0.48.   Forecast now for £18700 interest payout on 28th October for a 60 day stake, so £9350 a month.  Good pay for doing nothing. £300k is coming off the table then to clear the mortgage, the rest stays generating an income. 

40 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

Am I right in thinking your HEX holdings of 6 months seem to have outperformed your Bitcoin holdings of 8 years? 

Yes in £££, no in % or multiple returns, but then Hex was a much bigger investment.  and my 2013/14 OG Bitcoin entry was 100% through mining, i would have had much more Bitcoin if i had just bought £2k of BTC immediately in Q3 2013. 

OG BT  £2k now £185k   370 x in 8 years

2018-2020 BTC & ETH (via SIPP) £11525  now £99k ,   8.5 x in 3 years 

Hex 2021 ,  £137k now worth £1m ,  7.3 x in 4 months.   + interest June, July, August.

As i said previously, Hex was an income play with zero capital appreciation planned, but i suspected it might do well.  No one every got wealthy not taking risks, 

4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I didn't stake any of my ETH as I believe in not your keys not your coins...

I just used lido to swap some ETH for stETH.

They stake the ETH on 2.0 and "pay" rewards by increasing my stETH balance.

The stETH belong to me... my keys, my coins (well tokens).

I've then added some of the stETH to a curve pool but that's just in interest of experimentation. 

Have mixed views tbh so far. Is good to gave an option to "stake" without running a node and whilst keeping keys.  Downside is that - fundamentally - I don't own ETH.  There are also a few tax downsides (converting ETH to stETH is a disposal and the daily stETH balance change is not accompanied by a transaction so record keeping is a pain... I've had to write a small program to log the balance change and gbp value).

I think on balance I'm glad I did it but more for the learning than the economic value.

14 hours ago, markyh said:

No, but i am involved indirectly. It's a "Class Action" suit, so when they win, all Hex holders will receive a share of the payout. This started at least six month ago. 

My Hex holding steady @ £1m recently, it did reach a high of £1.2m last weekend when Hex set a new ATH @ $0.48.   Forecast now for £18700 interest payout on 28th October for a 60 day stake, so £9350 a month.  Good pay for doing nothing. £300k is coming off the table then to clear the mortgage, the rest stays generating an income. 

I've been watching HEX since you posted your numbers, out of complete bemusement to be honest.  Massive returns but is there a point that you need to jump out to reduce the risk or is there a chance that you could suffer and complete rug pull?  

Hope you have an exit point with your funds intact.  Pretty cool that you identified this opportunity.  As you say, returns require risk-taking.

On 13/09/2021 at 22:08, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Pretty sure I wasn't charged a fee when I opened up my Blue Wallet ot Wallet of Satoshi wallets.  

I hope to run a node in the future.  Thinking of Umbrel and Raspberrry Pi.  Mainly as it seems to be the one promoted on BT.  Any advice @MonsieurCopperCrutchor anyone else bearing in mind I am not a techie!

@warpigHello!

4 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

I hope to run a node in the future.  Thinking of Umbrel and Raspberrry Pi.  Mainly as it seems to be the one promoted on BT.  Any advice @MonsieurCopperCrutchor anyone else bearing in mind I am not a techie!

@warpigHello!

I used a Digital Ocean docker to run my own bitcoin and lightning node. These are the instructions I followed BB:

https://medium.com/@dougvk/run-your-own-mainnet-lightning-node-2d2eab628a8b

5 hours ago, Salty1 said:

I just used lido to swap some ETH for stETH.

They stake the ETH on 2.0 and "pay" rewards by increasing my stETH balance.

The stETH belong to me... my keys, my coins (well tokens).

I've then added some of the stETH to a curve pool but that's just in interest of experimentation. 

Have mixed views tbh so far. Is good to gave an option to "stake" without running a node and whilst keeping keys.  Downside is that - fundamentally - I don't own ETH.  There are also a few tax downsides (converting ETH to stETH is a disposal and the daily stETH balance change is not accompanied by a transaction so record keeping is a pain... I've had to write a small program to log the balance change and gbp value).

I think on balance I'm glad I did it but more for the learning than the economic value.

Interesting. I almost did this as well the other day but didn’t go through with it yet after seeing the lido integration in ledger live

12 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Massive returns but is there a point that you need to jump out to reduce the risk or is there a chance that you could suffer and complete rug pull?  

Why would there be a Rug Pull. what evidence is there?  Crypto is very tribal, i am guilty of it, I understand as i wont promote anything i dont own, which is Natural. But i dont believe every other Altcoin i dont hold is a scam. Plenty are.  Do we not all agree now Solana is a scam? I mean they switched their own Blockchain off for a few days!!! Wait what? Can you imagine what would happen if Bitcoins Blockchain just stopped working for no reason for a few days. Carnage. 

Yet Hex is a Rug Pull scam. I just don't get it. As i said. £300k is coming off the table to clear the mortgage, the remaining £700k+ is staying invested generating about £7k a month 12% p/a yield for as long as it does. 

An interesting new RH video, as a guest ; 

8 hours ago, markyh said:

the remaining £700k+ is staying invested generating about £7k a month 12% p/a yield for as long as it does. 

I wouldn't gamble on that. We are going to get another crash next year. Your 7k a month may go up a lot in the next few months and then drop to 700 a month, never to return to 7k.

1 hour ago, lombardo said:

I wouldn't gamble on that. We are going to get another crash next year. Your 7k a month may go up a lot in the next few months and then drop to 700 a month, never to return to 7k.

Hex is mostly USDC linked , in fact there is no major HEX/BTC pair so there is little correlation with liquidity.  Bitcoin has already fallen 55% once, at the same time HEX went up from $0.02 to new ATH of $0.09.  

Hex could fall 88% from now, and still only be at the price i paid in May. 

I not particually worried and wont ever be sell majority into FIAT , HODL returns always beat timing the market / trading returns. 

On 9/17/2021 at 12:43 AM, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Welcome back buddy it's good to see you again after such a long break. I hope this message finds you in rude health. Now back to business. Please could you take the time to care to answer my queries regarding golds dire performance over the last 10 years when compared to every other asset class? 👍

I choose to stay poor. Yes. I'm only in e gold and cash. I don't care. One day the taxpayer will have to bear my burden unless things correct in the next 30 years....