House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

23 hours ago, markyh said:

Anyway, i'm off to Fully Charged Live tomorrow with the wife, window shopping, they will have all the EV's around the £50k-£60k mark we are interesting in buying when available, including the Tesla Model Y, they have brought over from Germany we can look at and sit in but LHD, so i wont really be posting much on Sunday. Wish me  luck! (lol, like i need it!)

I know you’re rich but I seriously recommend to try and find as late as possible a model S (one that’s upgradable to full self drive - although that’s debatable it’ll ever happen) that has free transferable supercharging like I did.

8000 miles so far and a total of £30 spend on charging when I was holidaying somewhere remote. Free in Supermarkets and free superchargers all the way otherwise.

If you can track down the absolute holy grail of a 66 plate P100DL with it + free premium connectivity then you’re basically sorted provided it hasn’t been back through Teslas hands. Do the ccs and mcu2 upgrades and that’s job done. It should be possible for a little more than the top end of the range you mentioned (i saw one for 66k just after I bought mine).

or wait and just get a plaid. It’ll be here same time as Y’s probably. F**k it - enjoy life.

Edited by Frugal Git

1 hour ago, Frugal Git said:

I know you’re rich but I seriously recommend to try and find as late as possible a model S (one that’s upgradable to full self drive - although that’s debatable it’ll ever happen) that has free transferable supercharging like I did.

8000 miles so far and a total of £30 spend on charging when I was holidaying somewhere remote. Free in Supermarkets and free superchargers all the way otherwise.

If you can track down the absolute holy grail of a 66 plate P100DL with it + free premium connectivity then you’re basically sorted provided it hasn’t been back through Teslas hands. Do the ccs and mcu2 upgrades and that’s job done. It should be possible for a little more than the top end of the range you mentioned (i saw one for 66k just after I bought mine).

or wait and just get a plaid. It’ll be here same time as Y’s probably. F**k it - enjoy life.

We had a great day. I love the TM S, but wife will be the main daily driver to work and no way, to big for her. Due to the unknown Model Y delivery in 2022 , and in the flesh lack of excitement for the competition (looked at Mach E , Polestar, Nissan Airya, Ioniq 5, Kia EV6, Audi Q4 Etron , VW ID3 and 4) . We kept coming to the same conclusion, once specced up to match a Tesla for speed and tech, you pay "Tesla money" or more for not a lot more car. Tesla are still 5-10m years ahead of everyone as the TM3 now comes standard with HVAC heat pump and power boot. 

90% sure we have come to a conclusion, (new) Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD , in Midnight Silver Grey, white interior, upgrade 19" sport wheels and after purchase performance upgrade (0-60 3.7 seconds) . £54190. 

Taking Tesla finance would be £5k down and 72 months @ £767 (3.99% APR) .

Once the Model Y comes out we will get one of those mainly for the wife.  Once the house is paid off, extended , remodeled, landscaped, over 2023-2025 , assuming another big surge in Bitcoin and Crypto prices , long term i want to sell the TM3 LR performance and get the Porsche Taycan Turbo S , £140k+ ( 1 BTC in 2025? ) .

12 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I think Hex is the closest thing in crypto to being a full on ponzi. What other point is there to it? If I was @markyh I’d definitely be taking a large chunk off the table ASAP. 

At least £200k of Hex is coming off the table in November, but will keep the remainder for 1 reason over Bitcoin and Eth, true wealth. While it can keep generating 12% returns for 30 day stakes giving £5k+ 30 day interest, there is zero need to spend crypto capital to create income, meaning, you stay wealthy. 

"If" it gets silly ( Say to $2 , 6 x from now) by 2022/23, then will rotate out to say £1m back into BTC and £1m into physical Gold, rest in higher risk Hex generating 30 day income still of tens of thousands. 

Keep all bases covered.

About 55-57 I think 

(I made a sale at similar time)

I am thinking of diversifying.  Feel like my btc/eth holding is too concentrated... I'm not a maxi or super evangelical about either, I just see them as "high upside" plays and don't see why other cryptos couldn't offer the same.  I'm not sure what to go for though... I'm not interested in meme coins or quick pump/dump- looking at 5+ years holding.

Any suggestions? 

(Is bloody annoying I can't just buy an etf to do this and also manage staking for me!)

42 minutes ago, Salty1 said:

About 55-57 I think 

I am thinking of diversifying.  Feel like my btc/eth holding is too concentrated... I'm not a maxi or super evangelical about either, I just see them as "high upside" plays and don't see why other cryptos couldn't offer the same.  I'm not sure what to go for though... I'm not interested in meme coins or quick pump/dump- looking at 5+ years holding.

Any suggestions? 

(Is bloody annoying I can't just buy an etf to do this and also manage staking for me!)

P-hex on Pulsechain when it launches, will start at zero value so the upside will be huge.  £1000 in could easily make you a millionaire in 2 years. 

20 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I think Hex is the closest thing in crypto to being a full on ponzi. What other point is there to it? If I was @markyh I’d definitely be taking a large chunk off the table ASAP. 

This funny because you can say (and many many have) say the same thing about Bitcoin, and Bitcoin does less than Hex. All you can do with Bitcoin is send it to other people and and buy and sell it, it has zero other features and functions.  

In my mind, if Hex is a Ponzi, BTC is a Ponzi., cant see how either is as all the arguements i have used since 2013 on why BTC is not a Ponzi apply to Hex. And it BTC generated Yield trustlessly without mining , i would have put more into that. 

22 hours ago, Save me from the madness! said:

I think I understand the mechanics much better now, thank you. I still do not understand the point / value of what Hex does. It just seems like a sophisticated blockchain version of a spreadsheet calculating interest on a balance. Other tokens in the top 20 say have unique use cases and value they bring that makes them worth something, whether that be providing governance and liquidity to Defi apps, underpinning decentralised streaming services etc. There's a healthy debate as to their precise value certainly, but they do something that I can see their would be a market for either now or in the next year or two. Hex just seems to generate interest in Hex on a balance with a few constraints on access. Anyway it's a fairly easy decision for me as my crypto holdings are too small to justify the Eth gas fees so I'll have to sit this one out. All the best, and we'll done again. Getting that mortgage paid off will certainly be a weight off your shoulders in well worth selling crypto for. 

I my OG experience, no one cares about "use case" for a Crypto, that is just marketing. The daddy Bitcoin has zero eternal use cases apart from exchanging it and buying and selling it. 

People car about 90% "price appreciation, 9% Yield, and 1% "use case" 

What ever happened to EOS ? That had a gazzillion use cases, was going to take over the world in 2018 and replace Ethereum. Now?  No 34 coin, just above Bitcoin Cash, with a market cap of just $6b.  

Trust me if you want to make bank on crypto you need a Capital appreciation and Yield use case, as people just want to get rich, i should know, i did it. I could only tell you the use case for a handful of Crypto's and i own only 3 of them, Ethereum, Hex and Nexo. 

9 minutes ago, Salty1 said:

I can't do quotes 🙂

Cheers Marky.

How could I buy pulsechain at launch.  I dont think I'm sold but it sounds like it might be worth a grand or two.

What's the use case for Nexo?

I'm not sure how you would buy Pulsechain at launch, defi somehow, it will need bridging to swap with ethereum network, which i understand is already being worked on. As the industry is talking to RH on this project it "may" get on some known exchanges quickly.  RH Telegram chat room will know for sure. 

For sure any real plans will be known in the telegram channel, install the telegram app / desktop app and join the pulsechain group. t.me/PulsechainCom .   get the right one, as of now this has 39176 members.  Ask them , they will know of any launch buying and selling plans. 

I only own Nexo as i swapped some on the nexo loan . savings platform for Bitcoin to get better savings / loan rates as a Nexo customer on both sides.  Was abum deal though as the 0.03 BTC i traded to become a platinum member is only worth $1008 in Nexo tolkens, the BTC would have been worth $1553 now.  Once we get another mini Alt season and Bexo booms more than BTC i will swap it back once i get to 1 to 1, i have little need of  0.3 BTC in Nexo for smaller drawdown loans now, so i will pay off what i borrowed and get my BTC back out. 

Is a quick and easy service though, can get a few £k of GBP loans into your bank account within a few hours of ticking some boxes online and sending BTC. 

3 hours ago, markyh said:

This funny because you can say (and many many have) say the same thing about Bitcoin, and Bitcoin does less than Hex. All you can do with Bitcoin is send it to other people and and buy and sell it, it has zero other features and functions.  

In my mind, if Hex is a Ponzi, BTC is a Ponzi., cant see how either is as all the arguements i have used since 2013 on why BTC is not a Ponzi apply to Hex. And it BTC generated Yield trustlessly without mining , i would have put more into that. 

Nah people are transacting with Bitcoin for over a decade now. Where can I use Hex to buy stuff?

Besides Richard Heart doesn't have a good reputation in the cryptosphere either so it's another red flag for me. 

11 hours ago, markyh said:

At least £200k of Hex is coming off the table in November, but will keep the remainder for 1 reason over Bitcoin and Eth, true wealth. While it can keep generating 12% returns for 30 day stakes giving £5k+ 30 day interest, there is zero need to spend crypto capital to create income, meaning, you stay wealthy. 

"If" it gets silly ( Say to $2 , 6 x from now) by 2022/23, then will rotate out to say £1m back into BTC and £1m into physical Gold, rest in higher risk Hex generating 30 day income still of tens of thousands. 

Keep all bases covered.

Sounds wise to me. 

6 hours ago, Salty1 said:

About 55-57 I think 

Any suggestions? 

Long term stay in eth/btc, the other are only good for short term speculation (IMO of course). Also by historical norms, such as they exist in crypto, BTC dominance is quite close to its all time low. Only BTC and eth have any true economic inertia behind them.

Also BTC and eth still have massive upside potential. Punt a small amount on binance and try and short term trade some alts, you will realise its much harder than it looks to out perform BTC.

7 hours ago, Salty1 said:

About 55-57 I think 

Any suggestions? 

I think the Elrond team have a real long term vision so they've become a long term hold for me. Along with the usual whitepaper they published a separate paper on the economics of the Elrond blockchain trying to predict users and transaction volumes for the next 10 years and how staking rewards would transition from being paid by inflation to transaction fee. On their test net they got up to 260,000 transactions per second which is way more then Visa can process. There decentralised exchange (Maiar Exchange) is about to launch. The Maiar wallet is about the best looking and simplest crypto wallet I've come acress and very accessible for mass adoption. 

29 minutes ago, Save me from the madness! said:

The Maiar wallet is about the best looking and simplest crypto wallet I've come acress and very accessible for mass adoption

Whoever can solve the wallet issue and make it secure and easy to trade, hold and spend any crypto will make a lot of money!! This is the most pressing barrier to mass adoption imho.

4 minutes ago, Pup said:

Whoever can solve the wallet issue and make it secure and easy to trade, hold and spend any crypto will make a lot of money!! This is the most pressing barrier to mass adoption imho.

Both Secure and Easy will never happen, without giving up the point of Crypto, ownership, and handing it over to a bank, who can withhold it from you after that if they wish. 

Easy transaction Crypto will never be very secure, anything involving mobile phones will see " $ Billions hacked and stolen" every year. 

I will take slow and secure every time, FIAT is already here for easy via 3rd parties (Banks)

23 minutes ago, markyh said:

Both Secure and Easy will never happen, without giving up the point of Crypto, ownership, and handing it over to a bank, who can withhold it from you after that if they wish. 

Easy transaction Crypto will never be very secure, anything involving mobile phones will see " $ Billions hacked and stolen" every year. 

I will take slow and secure every time, FIAT is already here for easy via 3rd parties (Banks)

Lightning is pretty easy - you just scan a QR code and click "send". Having to explicitly fund a channel also limits your loss in the event you fat finger it somehow.

41 minutes ago, Pup said:

I didn't realise that was a wallet issue. There are numerous ones out there and the ones I've used are user friendly. Currenly really enjoying the simplicity of 'Wallet of Satoshi' for lightning. 

I don't think self-custody is a good idea for a majority of people.  It scares me to death to be honest.  I see a place for banks/financial institutions to hold bitcoin for clients, insured and with full transparency of what they are actually holding via cryptographic proof (i.e. proof they are not lending out all the bitcoin).  And then being able to spend that bitcoin with a phone app or debit/credit card.