House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

On 31/07/2021 at 10:20, ubuntu said:

price going up despite rumours of massive regulation of crypto in USA in the infrastructure bill

Hilarious take on Crypto regulation, where the law is supposed to bend for the status quo and not vice versa.

https://www.coindesk.com/fundamentally-incompatible-how-the-proposed-crypto-tax-rules-miss-the-mark

22 hours ago, scottbeard said:

But it was lower than that last week so why didn’t you buy then?

I bought a bit  more at $30k (although my purchases earlier in the year at $42k are still underwater)

I'm always after confirmation of direction. It could have gone lower this week... Might jump in tomorrow. Need to see if resistance turns to support.

ctrGK1tr.png

On 24/07/2021 at 13:22, Buffer Bear said:

Has the fight back started?

Payment to Kraken was denied by NatWest for my own protection.  The message confirms I can make a complaint but my request will still be denied as it goes against the banks policies.  NW also discourages lowering the amount or using another provider upon the basis that any transfer will also be rejected. 

If I wasn't aware of the need for Bitcoin before, I am now! 

@markyh

@MonsieurCopperCrutch

@goldbug9999

@scottbeardscottbeardscottbeardscottbearscottbeardscottbeardscottbeardscottbear

I would even be interested in the view of those who are 'btc' haters even if they simply would like a laugh.@Peter HunandHunanHunandHunaHunandHunanHunandHun @Warlord

I was "silenced" until today, now just moderated for a spat on the covid thread. Still no issues with me getting money into Kraken via Nationwide Flex or out of Kraken via First Direct (HSBC) or Halifax. And we are talking figures from £1800, £2000, to £3800 in the last 50 days. 

On 30/07/2021 at 16:52, fatspanner said:

Does anyone have any experience of earning interest on your crypto. 

I'm considering investing some at https://nexo.io/ with a 6% return paid daily. 

@MonsieurCopperCrutchdid you mentioned you have a little staked somewhere? 

I couldn't reply last week, was on the naughty step, can now. I put 0.3 BTC into Nexo few months back, converted a small amount of BTC (0.03) into nexo tolken to get platinum rates,  Nexo holding up well, 0.03 BTC worth $1154 , nexo tolkens worth $910.  

I took an £1800 drawdown loan and stake the rest every month on a 1 month basis for extra interest.  The interest i get in BTC and nexo bonus shares more than offsets the interest charged on the GBP FIAT drawdown loan, so so far it has been interest free and i have not paid a penny back. 

But this is chicken feed compared to Hex i bought late May. I spent $195k buying 3.4m Hex at around $0.058, $0.059.  I have been staking it ever 30/31 days and getting 12%-14% p/a for one months stake, 1%+ per month, in HEX not FIAT. But........................ 1st month i sold the interest in late June Hex had risen to $0.075 , and i got £1820 FIAT for my HEX interest, HEX-USDC-GBP .  Then last week end my 2nd 30 day stake on 29th July and Hex had risen to $0.135 , almost £0.10, so i sold the interest and and 7k hex capital for £3800.  Took £1800 as income and staked £2000 into USDC for Pulse sacrifice , so got a $2900 Pulsechain sacrifice for when the mainnet goes live in the next few weeks. 

Have now restaked 3.3333m HEX until 29th August and at current price £0.0965 am on target to get about £3250 from selling Hex interest come the months end. 

It gets even better.  That $195k into Hex late May is now worth about $465k according to staker app , and when Pulsechain  fork of Ethereum goes live mainnet in the next few months, not only will i get 10,000 pulse for every $1 i sacrificed, about 29m Pulse, pulsechain will also have a copy of my 3.3333m eth Hex (e-hex) called p-hex.  

So i will have ;

29m Pulse that start at $0.00 value (cost $2900) 

3.3333m Hex (eHex) worth $465k that cost $195k 

3.3333m eHex that also start at $0.00 value, cost me nothing, freemium. 

If either p-hex or Pulse make small gainz in $ price 1 year after trading starts, it will make £££££ gainz on top of my BTC / Ethereum bags, 

Looking good. 😉

On 8/3/2021 at 2:34 PM, markyh said:

I couldn't reply last week, was on the naughty step, can now. I put 0.3 BTC into Nexo few months back, converted a small amount of BTC (0.03) into nexo tolken to get platinum rates,  Nexo holding up well, 0.03 BTC worth $1154 , nexo tolkens worth $910.  

I took an £1800 drawdown loan and stake the rest every month on a 1 month basis for extra interest.  The interest i get in BTC and nexo bonus shares more than offsets the interest charged on the GBP FIAT drawdown loan, so so far it has been interest free and i have not paid a penny back. 

But this is chicken feed compared to Hex i bought late May. I spent $195k buying 3.4m Hex at around $0.058, $0.059.  I have been staking it ever 30/31 days and getting 12%-14% p/a for one months stake, 1%+ per month, in HEX not FIAT. But........................ 1st month i sold the interest in late June Hex had risen to $0.075 , and i got £1820 FIAT for my HEX interest, HEX-USDC-GBP .  Then last week end my 2nd 30 day stake on 29th July and Hex had risen to $0.135 , almost £0.10, so i sold the interest and and 7k hex capital for £3800.  Took £1800 as income and staked £2000 into USDC for Pulse sacrifice , so got a $2900 Pulsechain sacrifice for when the mainnet goes live in the next few weeks. 

Have now restaked 3.3333m HEX until 29th August and at current price £0.0965 am on target to get about £3250 from selling Hex interest come the months end. 

It gets even better.  That $195k into Hex late May is now worth about $465k according to staker app , and when Pulsechain  fork of Ethereum goes live mainnet in the next few months, not only will i get 10,000 pulse for every $1 i sacrificed, about 29m Pulse, pulsechain will also have a copy of my 3.3333m eth Hex (e-hex) called p-hex.  

So i will have ;

If either p-hex or Pulse make small gainz in $ price 1 year after trading starts, it will make £££££ gainz on top of my BTC / Ethereum bags, 

Looking good. 😉

Thanks Mark

Looks like your investments are really paying off. 

I'm looking into another avenue now also and would like to get peoples thoughts. Possibly drawn down a loan on my bitcoin and have some miners hosted for me by compass mining. 

https://compassmining.io/

How much bitcoin could you mine per day/per miner each 90TH/s

Stupid idea or not? 

2 hours ago, fatspanner said:

I'm looking into another avenue now also and would like to get peoples thoughts. Possibly drawn down a loan on my bitcoin and have some miners hosted for me by compass mining. 

Stupid idea or not? 

If it is a good idea why would Compass not be setting up their own mining operations. Even assuming it is not a scam you must be accepting some risk they either are not prepared to take or cannot finance.  

3 hours ago, fatspanner said:

Thanks Mark

Stupid idea or not? 

Mining is a dead end imho, have done it twice, always better just to invest in BTC or Eth, or other good crypto, and just hodl. 

This is why i like hex, the crypto earns more hex through the time deposit staking process, longer pays better, bigger pays better, like in banking, but their is no counter party risk, to steal / lose your crypto, like there is in Blockfi / Nexo etc . The Hex contract on Eth is pretty flawless and very simple to sell hex in USDC without exchanges using match.xyz on uniswap v2, so decentralised.  You just need and fiat exchange to get the USDC into GBP. 

4 hours ago, fatspanner said:

Thanks Mark

Stupid idea or not? 

With the recent dramatic drop in hashing the time to be mining is now. Not months later when all the Chinese miners are back online having relocated elsewhere. From you link it appears that buying a miner with compass it won’t be online until November at the earliest. 

On 24/07/2021 at 18:19, Huggy said:

Lloyds have been playing ball recently (past couple of months) with small deposits of a few thousand to Kraken. Will let you know how next week's one lands.

@Buffer Bear Went through yesterday without a hitch from Lloyds for a couple of grand. Tried one on a Saturday back in June and it was delayed until the Monday, I suspect for a human to look into it, but at low amounts it seems to be pretty incident free. Saying that, this account is purely for emergency use and sending money to crypto companies. Don't want my main accounts to be unusable for any length of time.

On 03/08/2021 at 14:34, markyh said:

So i will have ;

Looking good. 😉

Flip, you're always ahead of the game!  Thought you was a Chef! 😉   Hope it works out. 😁 @markyh

On 05/08/2021 at 21:47, fatspanner said:

Thanks Mark

Stupid idea or not? 

@fatspanner   I had a brief look at this last week.  Decided I would prefer to have 'control' of my BTC.  Now have 2/3 multi-sig.  I sleep better 😅😅

19 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

With the recent dramatic drop in hashing the time to be mining is now. Not months later when all the Chinese miners are back online having relocated elsewhere. From you link it appears that buying a miner with compass it won’t be online until November at the earliest. 

Hey, @MonsieurCopperCrutchCorrect re: delivery.  Too far ahead for me and I wasn't clear about the importance of varying mining locations.

On 02/08/2021 at 02:24, warpig said:

Yeah saw this... I'll be in soon... 👍

And did you? @warpig

On 03/08/2021 at 12:42, markyh said:

I was "silenced" until today, now just moderated for a spat on the covid thread. Still no issues with me getting money into Kraken via Nationwide Flex or out of Kraken via First Direct (HSBC) or Halifax. And we are talking figures from £1800, £2000, to £3800 in the last 50 days. 

Welcome back.  And there I was thinking you were busy with family life!   Well, I for one have missed your posts.  😁

@markyh

14 hours ago, Huggy said:

@Buffer Bear Went through yesterday without a hitch from Lloyds for a couple of grand. Tried one on a Saturday back in June and it was delayed until the Monday, I suspect for a human to look into it, but at low amounts it seems to be pretty incident free. Saying that, this account is purely for emergency use and sending money to crypto companies. Don't want my main accounts to be unusable for any length of time.

That's good.  Despite chasing up my concerns, no one has responded which leaves me a little concerned.  I managed to to do two similar size payments to you a couple of days after (post above) but am none the wiser.  We've had no problem sending monies via Monza other than it ends up in my teens account!  I've decided to leave this account for them going forward.

@Huggy

10 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Flip, you're always ahead of the game!  Thought you was a Chef! 😉   Hope it works out. 😁 @markyh

@fatspanner   I had a brief look at this last week.  Decided I would prefer to have 'control' of my BTC.  Now have 2/3 multi-sig.  I sleep better 😅😅

Hey, @MonsieurCopperCrutchCorrect re: delivery.  Too far ahead for me and I wasn't clear about the importance of varying mining locations.

And did you? @warpig

Welcome back.  And there I was thinking you were busy with family life!   Well, I for one have missed your posts.  😁

@markyh

That's good.  Despite chasing up my concerns, no one has responded which leaves me a little concerned.  I managed to to do two similar size payments to you a couple of days after (post above) but am none the wiser.  We've had no problem sending monies via Monza other than it ends up in my teens account!  I've decided to leave this account for them going forward.

@Huggy

Open your own Monza account and use that for crypto, wife and i both have one and they are great, use mine for our monthly food shopping budget, app is great for tracking stuff. Wife uses her's for her spending and hair money i give her every month. 

1 hour ago, Glenn said:

Worth watching

We shall see. My personal Crypto / FIAT gateway is fully KYC, just not connected to our FCA at all , the beauty of Crypto.  Will be interesting if Uniswap V2 suddenly want KYC, and how they do it, but other, better alternatives are coming, that will have no admin keys.