House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

Has the fight back started?

Payment to Kraken was denied by NatWest for my own protection.  The message confirms I can make a complaint but my request will still be denied as it goes against the banks policies.  NW also discourages lowering the amount or using another provider upon the basis that any transfer will also be rejected. 

If I wasn't aware of the need for Bitcoin before, I am now! 

@markyh

@MonsieurCopperCrutch

@goldbug9999

@scottbeardscottbeardscottbeardscottbearscottbeardscottbeardscottbeardscottbear

I would even be interested in the view of those who are 'btc' haters even if they simply would like a laugh.@Peter HunandHunanHunandHunaHunandHunanHunandHun @Warlord

Edited by Buffer Bear

1 hour ago, Buffer Bear said:

Payment to Kraken was denied by NatWest for my own protection.  The message confirms I can make a complaint but my request will still be denied as it goes against the banks policies.  NW also discourages lowering the amount or using another provider upon the basis that any transfer will also be rejected. 

@markyh

@MonsieurCopperCrutch

@goldbug9999

I would even be interested in the view of those who are 'btc' haters even if they simply would like a laugh.@Peter HunandHunanHunandHunaHunandHunanHunandHun @Warlord

As per my earlier post there is apparently a UK exchange being launched backed by a consortium of banks, thus possibly explaining the recent rash of anti overseas exchange activity by banks.

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

As per my earlier post there is apparently a UK exchange being launched backed by a consortium of banks, thus possibly explaining the recent rash of anti overseas exchange activity by banks.

Will check out your earlier post.   Thank you @goldbug9999

I will try another route. 

2 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Will check out your earlier post.   Thank you @goldbug9999

I will try another route. 

Lloyds have been playing ball recently (past couple of months) with small deposits of a few thousand to Kraken. Will let you know how next week's one lands.

5 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

@markyh

@MonsieurCopperCrutch

@goldbug9999

That’s frustrating - I wonder if other banks will follow suit?

I bank with another big bank and bought some crypto via Kraken this week without problems   

11 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

@markyh

@MonsieurCopperCrutch

@goldbug9999

Why not Coinbase pro? I think we have bottomed out. But even if we haven't and the price falls to 20k, so what? Is it worth the risk to miss out on gains?

10 hours ago, Huggy said:

Lloyds have been playing ball recently (past couple of months) with small deposits of a few thousand to Kraken. Will let you know how next week's one lands.

It's very odd as I have always used NW to Kraken.  All seems a little too arbitrary for my liking. The website has a notice about not allowing transfers to Binance, which we all know about given it has been in the news.  The info. I received pretty much told me to take a hike as NW are in control of my monies and they will then decide when they feel Kraken is no longer a risk (lots of scams, apparently but no evidence provided! 😠   Each person I spoke to was unable to assist i.e. the standard operative, nor the fraud team.  Apparently, the Investment Scam team have placed the marker on my account. @Huggy

9 hours ago, Salty1 said:

I've been using bitpanda lately 

Payments from natwest been fine

So had mine until yesterday...prior to this I did a transfer a couple of weeks back.  I will check out bitpanda.  Thank you, @Salty1

9 hours ago, scottbeard said:

That’s frustrating - I wonder if other banks will follow suit?

I bank with another big bank and bought some crypto via Kraken this week without problems   

Thank you.  It's all very odd, @scottbeardand only serves to emphasise the importance of decentralisation.  Imagine, I can not send MY money to a legal entity of my choice?!  When I first encountered issues with NW, all that was required was confirmation that I was not making the transfer freely and was aware of the risks.  

3 hours ago, lombardo said:

Why not Coinbase pro? I think we have bottomed out. But even if we haven't and the price falls to 20k, so what? Is it worth the risk to miss out on gains?

It would mean setting up another account although my teen has two accounts now. 🤔 I worked around the issue, in any event.  I simply transferred the money to my teens Monzo account and onto their Kraken.  No issues experienced other than it's landed in my teens account!  I will be sending it to my wallet it as it was not that small sum...🤫

No, I agree it is not worth the risk but I have been watching the direction of the market.  Thank you, @lombardo

@MonsieurCopperCrutchHey, where you at?  Winding people up on another thread as it's been a little boring over here? 

Edited by Buffer Bear

On 7/25/2021 at 4:20 AM, Buffer Bear said:

It's very odd as I have always used NW to Kraken.  All seems a little too arbitrary for my liking. The website has a notice about not allowing transfers to Binance, which we all know about given it has been in the news.  The info. I received pretty much told me to take a hike as NW are in control of my monies and they will then decide when they feel Kraken is no longer a risk (lots of scams, apparently but no evidence provided! 😠   Each person I spoke to was unable to assist i.e. the standard operative, nor the fraud team.  Apparently, the Investment Scam team have placed the marker on my account. @Huggy

So had mine until yesterday...prior to this I did a transfer a couple of weeks back.  I will check out bitpanda.  Thank you, @Salty1

Thank you.  It's all very odd, @scottbeardand only serves to emphasise the importance of decentralisation.  Imagine, I can not send MY money to a legal entity of my choice?!  When I first encountered issues with NW, all that was required was confirmation that I was not making the transfer freely and was aware of the risks.  

It would mean setting up another account although my teen has two accounts now. 🤔 I worked around the issue, in any event.  I simply transferred the money to my teens Monzo account and onto their Kraken.  No issues experienced other than it's landed in my teens account!  I will be sending it to my wallet it as it was not that small sum...🤫

No, I agree it is not worth the risk but I have been watching the direction of the market.  Thank you, @lombardo

@MonsieurCopperCrutchHey, where you at?  Winding people up on another thread as it's been a little boring over here? 

Apologies @Buffer Bear I decided to take a step back from this thread for now. Not much more I want to add to it currently.

You know what to do. Just stick at it. 🤟

Got my nuri (German Solaris bank) card today

App is very nice, basically revolut with a German iban (tested and can send receive sepa in anything from few seconds to few hours depending on other sepa bank),

German guarantee up to 100k euro,

visa debit with same controls like revolut 

buy and sell bitcoin/ether from app,

send/receive coins to any of wallets (classic you own keys and custodial which is same as coinbase wallet)

Savings account (via Celsius?) with 5% interest for your crypto 

Reports for crypto tax calculation

overall quite impressed, tho one might need to be an Eu citizen 

basically the best of bank account, private wallet where you own key, coinbase and revolut all in one

Edited by yelims