House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

4 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Pretty much noone sends fiat directly to binance (dont know if its even a service they offer ...), you fund your account with bitcoin or tether generally.

True, 100% of all my Binance activities have be Crypto to Crypto, Bitcoin to Alts, Alts to alts, and Alts to Bitcoin. FCA means sweet FA as far as i'm concerned. 

4 hours ago, ubuntu said:

Apparently a renowed infamous whale has drowned, Mircea Popescu who claimed to hold 1m btc. Has that btc been lost forever?

Dont be silly, didn't you know governments can just seize Bitcoin at will, so they will just seize his and sell it. 🙄

On 27/06/2021 at 01:13, Buffer Bear said:

@markyh

Have no idea what this means other than the difficulty level will reduce by close to 25% as a result of the exodus of miners from China?  Impact upon price?  Does it even matter as they set up elsewhere.  They'll be done before my time range of at least 4years+ so nothing to see here 😁

It will mean that miners who remain online will be more profitable, if some of the ex-china hashing power comes back online then we could see faster block times (< 10 mins) for a period until the next difficulty adjustment.

16 hours ago, markyh said:

Funny, I just logged onto my Binance account and played around with some crypto dust one there, everything works no problems, so the FCA ban aint done shit.  

Another day, another clampdown,  BTC will be regulated out of existence. Just wait and see

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Another day, another clampdown,  BTC will be regulated out of existence. Just wait and see

It will be regulated but will still exist. 
The dodgy websites will be regulated out of existence.

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Good luck with that pipe dream. 🤣  1 am this morning I sold the interest proceeds of a 31 day  ERC20 stake for $2540 of USDC using Defi. Restaked the principle until 28th July.  I then sent the USDC to a US based exchange, sold it for £1830 GBP, and withdrew it to a HSBC based bank via the BAC faster payments system. This morning 6am when I got up, the GBP was in my account no questions asked.  And why should they? I did nothing illegal. Fook the FCA, they can’t stop shit. 

FCA can do everything, they control every financial institution and can make an announcement on any day of the week.

Your weak point is you need a bank account.

Without that you and the dodgy websites are fooked .

5 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

FCA can do everything, they control every financial institution and can make an announcement on any day of the week.

Nothing stopping me opening a bank account in the USA, I already have a EU Euro Bank account with english online banking opened "just in case" the FCA pull any crap. 

I could sell into Euro's and transfer from my EU bank account to my UK bank account € to £ via a SEPA transfer. 

Nothing short of a universal worldwide co-ordinated ban of Crypto could stop me, and with Bitcoin mining moving out of China, and several countries opting to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender, there is literally nothing the FCA can do to stop this, because they just cant tell where in the world banking system is also dealing in Crypto. 

The War is lost, but they still want to fight losing battles to cling to FIAT.  

7 hours ago, Warlord said:

Just the same way that, thanks to regulations, Class A drugs, prostitution, cash-in-hand jobs and snogging work colleagues during a pandemic don't exist.

Or could it be that actually governments don't actually have the power to stop things happening?

1 hour ago, markyh said:

Nothing stopping me opening a bank account in the USA, I already have a EU Euro Bank account with english online banking opened "just in case" the FCA pull any crap. 

I could sell into Euro's and transfer from my EU bank account to my UK bank account € to £ via a SEPA transfer. 

Nothing short of a universal worldwide co-ordinated ban of Crypto could stop me, and with Bitcoin mining moving out of China, and several countries opting to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender, there is literally nothing the FCA can do to stop this, because they just cant tell where in the world banking system is also dealing in Crypto. 

The War is lost, but they still want to fight losing battles to cling to FIAT.  

How would you qualify for a US and EU bank account? Are you resident?

6 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

He can always go to Dubai buy property with crypto, then sell. 

the place is a safe haven for money from unstable shitholes which uk wants to become 

22 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Yo ppen a bank account in the US, a non citizen needs a visa, SSN and residential address. 

To open a bank account in the EU you need to live in the EU

1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

Just the same way that, thanks to regulations, Class A drugs, prostitution, cash-in-hand jobs and snogging work colleagues during a pandemic don't exist.

Or could it be that actually governments don't actually have the power to stop things happening?

So you really think they cannot stop you transferring between fiat and crypto when every single electronic transaction is under their control?

4 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Yo ppen a bank account in the US, a non citizen needs a visa, SSN and residential address. 

To open a bank account in the EU you need to live in the EU

You don't, I have a couple of EU accounts.

But what marky might need to know is that, post Brexit information on EU accounts is exchanged with HMRC.    

13 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

But what marky might need to know is that, post Brexit information on EU accounts is exchanged with HMRC.    

Did you open them after we left the EU and with no connection to the country or EU?

2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

So you really think they cannot stop you transferring between fiat and crypto when every single electronic transaction is under their control?

Legally they might have the theoretical power to do so but its not like they have some technical kill switch actually wired into everything where they can go "right were going to stop all monetary transactions by marky right this second" .

Edited by goldbug9999

On 27/06/2021 at 14:26, ubuntu said:

Billionaire & 3rd richest person in Mexico bullish on bitcoin, working on his bank accepting btc.

Love listening to the truth about Fiat the Ponzi scheme @ubuntu

On 27/06/2021 at 18:53, markyh said:

Dont be silly, didn't you know governments can just seize Bitcoin at will, so they will just seize his and sell it. 🙄

😂  Maybe I shouldnt laugh as I think a few on here actually believe BTC itself can be hacked.

On 27/06/2021 at 21:13, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

@Buffer Bear

Thank you, @MonsieurCopperCrutch

11 hours ago, markyh said:

Good luck with that pipe dream. 🤣  1 am this morning I sold the interest proceeds of a 31 day  ERC20 stake for $2540 of USDC using Defi. Restaked the principle until 28th July.  I then sent the USDC to a US based exchange, sold it for £1830 GBP, and withdrew it to a HSBC based bank via the BAC faster payments system. This morning 6am when I got up, the GBP was in my account no questions asked.  And why should they? I did nothing illegal. Fook the FCA, they can’t stop shit. 

Good Ol' @markyhAlways on it! 👍

3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Drat!

On 6/15/2021 at 7:55 PM, Peter Hun said:

Bitcoin was a micropayment system, missed the boat on that. Third world skipped banks and used phones for banking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_payments_in_India

On 6/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, Peter Hun said:

Prepare your excuses... and apologies. Bitcoin is coming. 👇

4 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Easy, go and live there for a short period, and as far as the EU goes, sure was a resident all the time up to 31/1/2020, so applying online in 2019 and getting my EU euro bank account was easy, as i was living in an EU country 😉

3 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I am aware, but HMRC is not FCA, pay taxes due, and HMRC dont care how illegal your shit is. No prostitute who declared all cash earnings with HMRC and paid income tax ever got a visit from plod because of their line of work. Dont pay taxes though, you are a target. 

And moot point, dealing in Crypto the FCA says is illegal in the UK, is legal, as we are not dealing with UK FCA regulated companies, based in the UK. Like the millions of US Citizens who use VPN's to leverage trade Bitmex, the FCA is not the "World Police".  This is Cyberspace baby.