House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Nope. I am living the future why you shuffle around excuses and apologise for those that have financially enslaved you. There is always a need for useful fools. 🤣

How am I possibly enslaved? 

13 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Spencer is borrowing to buy Bitcoin?! How stupid is this. Do you encourage this @MonsieurCopperCrutch?

Who is responsible for Spencers upbringing? Peter or myself? 

When have I ever said anything other than do not invest more than you can afford to lose?

P.S. The Schiffs are trolling you. It's pretty obvious now that they are playing the gud cop bad cop routine for likes and clicks. 

4 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

6.8k on.  It looks like the Maxis have 'boycotted' it.  Nic Carter is on with other key players but I don't see Marty Bent, Odell, Peter Mc etc.  Saifedean is on with many others.  Have you spotted on key listeners @MonsieurCopperCrutchwho maybe would not have been expected to attend?

Sorry not been scrolling through the list of speakers/listeners, but if true then the maxis need to grow up. This is an open forum to help counter the FUD and educate others. 

8 hours ago, Warlord said:

Stablecoins - now there's something I can support! Even better if backed by gold.

You can keep your crappy BTC because stablecoins will actually be used for transactions if there are no wild swings in price

Operation " Maximum FUD" .   Yawn. 🙄

World Bank rejects El Salvador request for Bitcoin help

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57507386

The international lender cited concerns over transparency and the environmental impact of Bitcoin mining.

The usual complaints from our international banking chums, including -shock horror - teh envirowments. I'm 100% certain there are other reasons bankers might be against financial freedom ;)

Edited by Huggy

7 hours ago, Warlord said:

(1) Borrowing money to buy BTC is *not* typical amongst HODLers

(2) I'm pretty sure Schiff Jr could very very easily get a credit card if he wanted one.  Banks are falling all over themselves to rope in 18 year olds, who often through inertia stay paying interest to the same bank for years.

2 minutes ago, warpig said:

The chart is interesting... It's desperately trying to climb out of the ascending triangle... which is pretty mad considering there's a deathcross just above it... Is this Saylor's buying?!?!?!

mbsXIOcZ.png

The death cross will happen, but will end up being a fake out bear trap, with a fresh Golden cross in short order.  The last one in March 2020 after the Covid dip lasted less than a month, and when the cross happened the price was already recovering at break neck speed and ignored it completely.  The Golden cross happened @ about $9500.    Usually if you buy and sell on every Death / Golden cross of the simple 200/50 MA you can do very well in Bitcoin. There are much worse entry / exit signals. This one historically is very reliable and profitable for Bitcoin.

4 minutes ago, markyh said:

The death cross will happen, but will end up being a fake out bear trap, with a fresh Golden cross in short order.  The last one in March 2020 after the Covid dip lasted less than a month, and when the cross happened the price was already recovering at break neck speed and ignored it completely.  The Golden cross happened @ about $9500.    Usually if you buy and sell on every Death / Golden cross of the simple 200/50 MA you can do very well in Bitcoin. There are much worse entry / exit signals. This one historically is very reliable and profitable for Bitcoin.

It's an interesting situation... the deathcross is unavoidable... BUT traders don't normally wait for the last moment, they want to get ahead of the curve... I expected to see that yesterday, but Saylor jumped in (as he always does) and defends the price... I'm just watching with my finger poised over the buy button.

17 minutes ago, warpig said:

The chart is interesting... It's desperately trying to climb out of the ascending triangle... which is pretty mad considering there's a deathcross just above it... Is this Saylor's buying?!?!?!

mbsXIOcZ.png

Lmao no disrespect mate, but that’s the most ridiculous ascending triangle I’ve ever seen drawn. Total nonsense.

9 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Are you or are you not partaking in traditional financial produce? Do you have a mortgage? What interest rates are you getting on your 'savings' accounts?

No mortgage. Investing pension  in shares, savings in shares. I get 2% on cash saving. But Eth interest is less  than that last time I looked.

Mining Eth again btw, miner in a data centre.

12 minutes ago, TheRivieraKid said:

Lmao no disrespect mate, but that’s the most ridiculous ascending triangle I’ve ever seen drawn. Total nonsense.

There's lots of people like you... that know nothing and prove it at every point of the discussion. Say something of value, show me how "you think" it should be drawn or don't bother replying to anything I post... I'm so fed up of people like you.

8 minutes ago, warpig said:

There's lots of people like you... that know nothing and prove it at every point of the discussion. Say something of value, show me how "you think" it should be drawn or don't bother replying to anything I post... I'm so fed up of people like you.

Well, for starters you either include the wicks, or just the bodies. But either way you need to be consistent. You seem to include wicks at the bottom of the range but bodies at the top.

Then when price has broken out of your pattern, massively, in both directions, it clearly isn’t valid anymore. How can you comment to say it “is desperately trying to climb out” when it has broken out already.

Either redraw your lines to include new data, or just forget it.

Don’t get upset. I said I meant no disrespect.

27 minutes ago, warpig said:

I know you blocked me....but.

Spouting bollix about charts will not get you respect. Chartism is not a science or a special knowledge, its a failed attempt to claim power over the past and the future. Its no more valid than dressing in a wizard costume and chanting magic spells.

Start to finish,   it's ******.