House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
14 hours ago, Warlord said:

Keep HODLing & you will face potential wipe-out.

I warned you before at 60K but you never listened and still had the same attitude

@Warlordyou always tell us bitcoin is  doomed AFTER there's a drop. No wonder no-one listens to you.

Anyway keep creaming yourself at the thought of people losing money.

You can keep on having wet dreams about bitcoin reaching what you sold out for - £1000 wasn't it - so you can buy back on again. Or maybe you're having nightmares instead..

HOLA445
7 hours ago, henry the king said:

Since January 1st, BTC is down 36% and the SP500 is down 17%.

That was also the SP500's high, not BTCs high.

SO the fall from ATH is much bigger..

The only argument I see repeated for BTC is "I was there in 2018 and it went up then after falling". Like that matters at all when the world of monetary policy has changed to something BTC has never seen.

Housing is the same. It went up over the last 13 years yes. Because of cheap money. That is changing. So the past HPI doesn't matter anymore.

I am trying to at least spread some logic here about BTC. Genuinely don't want to see people get burned by it because it will damage the global economy.

I was there in 2013 and it's went up then after falling. Others can go further back and still say the same. 

This is the best time for any salty nocoiner like yourself to buy and get off zero. Instead you will just double down on your entrenched ignorance. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

HOLA446
4 hours ago, Grayphil said:

No, we really aren't, I would have liked to believe this, and at one point probably up until 10 years ago, I did actually pay attention to the doom mongers, but they are always incorrect.

It's a bit of a childish fantasy to believe that we are heading into a mystical financial future world, where the rich will lose most of their wealth and we will all end up eating turnips, because that's all we will able to afford.

(Unless you got gold right?)

4 hours ago, Grayphil said:

Bitcoin makes all the things that make life worth living so much more accessible!

Well said Phil. 👍👍👍👍

HOLA447
2 hours ago, Dreamcasting said:

Haven't watched the above video and don't intend to, but wouldn't believe a word what Jim Rickards and Max Keiser have to say. Pair of charlatans.

Watch this one instead about mania's & the 2008 financial crash.  in fact it predates bitcoins existence

HOLA448
7 hours ago, Data Dave said:

Fantastic debate ive just caught up with, its 4 days old apologises if its been posted before. 

I used to really like MK, but he's annoying. No debate, he just spouts. The Jim Rickards interview is quite good.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
15 hours ago, 14stFlyer said:

Well the test of this is coming.

Here on HPC we are focussed on the uk housing market.  We expect there to be a significant drop in prices (most of us) when the economic tide goes out.  We recognise that as interest rates rise, inflation bites, and the cost of living issues remove income available for discretionary spending, fewer people will be able to afford to buy housing at current prices and so prices will drop. 

However, the utility of housing is pretty high up the pyramid. Perhaps a little below food and warmth, but probably above posh cars, hitting the town, new clothes, electronic goods… 

We will see where crypto coins, NFTs and the like sit in this hierarchy.  The key is whether most of the current owners see them as their families’ financial future (in which case they will be high up in the pyramid) or just a punt (in which case they will be one of the first things to go). 

You make good points. Just because something has utility doesn't mean it should be a very high price. The fair value price of BTC and other cryptos is a matter study and debate. However a thing with utility and limited supply should not have a fair value of zero. 

HOLA4411
On 09/05/2022 at 20:24, Warlord said:

you see bugger all mate

crypto is nothing and won't change the world

Can you give an intellectual response? Tell me why the BAT token that is used in the Brave browser has no utility? Have you even tried using it?

Or how about the Arweave blockchain which allows you to use its token to permanently store data on decentralized servers and thus remove the risk of central party removal? Do you know about it?

I remember Robert Shiller talking about how oppressed people in a country could leave with their wealth by memorizing the private key. How can you do that with cash, gold or a bank account? Only with crypto can you do it.

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, lombardo said:

I remember Robert Shiller talking about how oppressed people in a country could leave with their wealth by memorizing the private key. How can you do that with cash, gold or a bank account? Only with crypto can you do it.

Exactly this. I can now imagine @Warlord attempting to wheelbarrow his gold sovs across a country and a border without it being pilfered on the way. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Ukrainian refugee flees to Poland with $2,000 in bitcoin on a USB drive

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/23/ukrainian-flees-to-poland-with-2000-in-bitcoin-on-usb-drive.html

@Warlord just needs to finally man up to his mistake in selling both his Bitcoin at $1000. His folly in not understanding nor comprehending the future technology has cost him tens of thousands. Let's face it he just stumbled upon Bitcoin tech by accident and never bothered to do the legwork to really truely undertsand what he held. 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
9 minutes ago, warpig said:

No it's not... If it breaks $30K next stop is $20K and it won't go below that.

image.thumb.png.f523007d837137ee0068fbbf558a1f7a.png

wasn't your last buy signal 50k? what did you do?

Your fancy charts mean nothing and have been proven wrong before

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
16 minutes ago, Warlord said:

So @markyh@MonsieurCopperCrutch

What is your average buying price we know that Saylor's (Micro Strategy) is 29k.  I'm wondering at what point do you throw in the towel?

My last Bitcoin buy for me was around $12k on 2020 , as i sold 2 in 2021 that is 2 of my 2013 $400 ones gone, so the remainder average is somewhere around $2000 each.  time for the noobie weak hand clearout again and wait for 2025 to roll around. 

Mortgage free now with no plans to sell before £1m BTC 2029 , might buy the dip if when we touch the 200 WMA low enough.  

HOLA4424
HOLA4425