House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
5 hours ago, dugsbody said:

People who really want to acquire it, will do so, but there is no doubt that in the UK our finance system is making it more difficult, unless you play by their rules.

Big establishment system under threat. Good.

UK financial establishments really are the classic "old man waves fist at cloud" , pretty comical really.

HOLA443
Just now, goldbug9999 said:

UK financial establishments really are the classic "old man waves fist at cloud" , pretty comical really.

I am not a cryto bug so I don't read a huge amount or follow it too closely, but from my high level anecdotal view, the UK is one of the more crypto-hostile countries.

HOLA444
HOLA445
20 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I am not a cryto bug so I don't read a huge amount or follow it too closely, but from my high level anecdotal view, the UK is one of the more crypto-hostile countries.

Definitely the most crypto hostile of the western developed countries but given all of our old financial institutions this isn't a great surprise.

HOLA446
4 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Definitely the most crypto hostile of the western developed countries but given all of our old financial institutions this isn't a great surprise.

Also given our very risk averse and litigious nature - I think the FCA banned mainstream crypto products to avoid Daily Mail headlines "I trusted XXXX company with my savings - and lost it all on Bitcoin" rather than because they really fear it as any kind of existential threat.

HOLA447

when satoshi released bitcoin he included an article on UK chancellor bailing out the banks - i suspect satoshi was british and crushed like the rest of us under the weight of said banks. 

Plus its right there in the code that its Anti-Banker.  

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 21/02/2021 at 19:10, jiltedjen said:

I am on a scramble to sell now. You guys have finally pushed me to that decision. 

Why not just exchange you BTC for a stablecoin and then sell that stablecoin for GBP? It's less stressful than scrambling to sell directly. Unless you didn't have an exchange account with the ability to see for a stablecoin.

Edited by lombardo

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
18 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Can't have the young investing in anything that won't make boomers rich.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
18 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

when satoshi released bitcoin he included an article on UK chancellor bailing out the banks

Do you have a source ref for this? Thanks

28 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

$85K over next 12 months.

@MonsieurCopperCrutch What do you think the market low will be within same time period? ...or do you think we have had it?

Dave

HOLA4415
7 minutes ago, Data Dave said:

Its in the bitcoin genesis block:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

"The coinbase parameter (seen above in hex) contains, along with the normal data, the following text:[2]

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks[1]"
Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4416
4 minutes ago, Data Dave said:

@MonsieurCopperCrutch What do you think the market low will be within same time period? ...or do you think we have had it?

Dave

We may bounce along $30K at times but I do not envisage dipping lower than $28K.

My $85K prediction is based on continued expanded PayPal rollout, Tesla re-instating it's Bitcoin payment option, El Salvador making a success Bitcoin and Lightning payments with other countries to follow their lead. All will happen in 12 months. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
31 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Binance blocked from SEPA

The UK is a hostile country to crypto. Sad that our system which always favours the haves continues to fight against something empowering the have-nots.

I don't know why you cheer for that.

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Its in the bitcoin genesis block:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

"The coinbase parameter (seen above in hex) contains, along with the normal data, the following text:[2]

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks[1]"

Thanks GoldBug for sharing.

Interestingly found in the genesis block:

image.png.6d60fb3cd0dd02e908b2e74e91009b14.png

'hashMerkleRoot'.....Angela Mer....Germannnn.............nooooo    #HerrSatoshi?

HOLA4420
3 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

We may bounce along $30K at times but I do not envisage dipping lower than $28K.

My $85K prediction is based on continued expanded PayPal rollout, Tesla re-instating it's Bitcoin payment option, El Salvador making a success Bitcoin and Lightning payments with other countries to follow their lead. All will happen in 12 months. 

Interesting, so you don't think the current bull run is over and actually you think we could break new all time highs within 12 months. Standby for more fun ahead

HOLA4421
49 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

The UK is a hostile country to crypto. Sad that our system which always favours the haves continues to fight against something empowering the have-nots.

I don't know why you cheer for that.

SEPA is run by the European Commission 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425