House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

They don't have a currency so use the US dollar. Nobody will actually use BTC for anything, its transmit fee is almost a days wage. This is a publicity stunt to stick it to the USA.

Fees are pennies using Strike App over lightning network, and pretty much instant. They will only use BTC core for larger amounts, you can move $200k for less than $5, i know i did it last month, twice.

HOLA443
3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

They don't have a currency so use the US dollar. Nobody will actually use BTC for anything, its transmit fee is almost a days wage. This is a publicity stunt to stick it to the USA.

They already are using it, there are districts that already use bitcoin as the main day-to-day currency, people get paid in it and spend it with local businesses. There also a lot of use for bitcoin remittances. The day to day use it via lightning so fees are a fraction of a penny. The remittances use Jack Mallers's Strike app which uses lightening as the cross border payment rail.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tatianakoffman/2020/07/14/this-el-salvador-village-adopts-bitcoin-as-money/?sh=6262ff552044

Bare in mind that this article is nearly a year old and apparently its happened in a lot of other places since then.

There is also this from 2019: https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/podcast/bitcoin-youth-programme-in-el-salvador-with-michael-peterson

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA444
28 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

They already are using it, there are districts that already use bitcoin as the main day-to-day currency, people get paid in it and spend it with local businesses. There also a lot of use for bitcoin remittances. The day to day use it via lightning so fees are a fraction of a penny. The remittances use Jack Mallers's Strike app which uses lightening as the cross border payment rail.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tatianakoffman/2020/07/14/this-el-salvador-village-adopts-bitcoin-as-money/?sh=6262ff552044

Bare in mind that this article is nearly a year old and apparently its happened in a lot of other places since then.

There is also this from 2019: https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/podcast/bitcoin-youth-programme-in-el-salvador-with-michael-peterson

As usual, @Peter Hunknowledge of anything is 1000 miles wide but only 1 inch deep, bit like EV's.  Because he is a cleaner for a company related to crypto he thinks he knows everything, but yet holds hardly any crypto, so obviously doesn't really "get it".  

For the true picture Bitcoin and "El Salvador" you need to listen to people who "run" Crypto companies and are involved in directly in "El Salvador", not someone on HPC who is a crypto "Shrimp" owns a handful of ETH. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

False equivalence. Plenty of things 'banned' on China that are successful elsewhere. Bitcoin is too much of a threat to the ruling party. The plebs must be kept under control. 

You dont like to hear the common sense truth from someone like Schiff .

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Schiff-for-brains has his own agenda. Although I still believe that between himself and his son that they hodl bitcoin and are trolling with their son v dad tweets. 

Very much doubt this.  Schiff is authentic and genuine . He's no liar.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
20 minutes ago, Warlord said:

you're tiresome.

It must be tiresome that were not buying your ********, but you are welcome ****** off if you dont like this thread.

Or how about telling us again how your "sources" think the Fed is going to ban it (which they were supposed to do this past week as I recall). We could do with a laugh.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
22 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

It must be tiresome that were not buying your ********, but you are welcome ****** off if you dont like this thread.

Or how about telling us again how your "sources" think the Fed is going to ban it (which they were supposed to do this past week as I recall). We could do with a laugh.

I never said that. I said the Treasury would go after it. Which they will 

HOLA4422
19 hours ago, warpig said:

It will find its path within the next 10 days. If the deathcross materialises before it breaks higher based on the projected timeline in my chart, which looks more likely at the moment - the counter trend rally should be quite impressive. I think you could toss a coin at the moment, but if we ever needed Saylor to step in and buy BTC... it's now.

does this help?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

I’ve had Warlord on ignore for a while now - suggest everyone else does the same.  He doesn’t believe in Bitcoin, which is fine, but I put him on ignore because I don’t learn anything from his posts.