House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
46 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Tesla U-Turn.

Aaaand the BTC price falls.

Bearing in mind that Tesla is just a niche fancy car the Tesla U turn itself makes no difference at all to whether BTC has a medium term future.

However it does illustrate well the short term volatility that it has to move the price on the whim of the irrelevant Elon Musk

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, warpig said:

Not quite... My story hasn't changed -I want to either see a weekly close above the ATH or at a resonable level below. My chart says it dipped below the 21 week EMA, that's a warning sign to me.

image.png.414668b0e4266a0ea43c52a3eac45d56.png

It wicked below the 21 ema a few times in 2017, wicks are the story, candle bodies are the facts. 

HOLA445
29 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Elons shenanigans is just the latest social attack vector that bitcoin has to harden itself against. I guess we should thank him for giving us a < $50 buying opportunity one last time.

Could have been a lot worse, had Tesla said they have dumped the remaining 90% of their BTC holdings, would be a lot worse. 

Bitcoin and crypto has very short memories.  I really cant remember what was supposed to have caused the Feb pullback from $58k to $43k. but it recovered, and in less than 2 months went on to post $65k new ATH. 

The same is most likely to happen, it the 21 EMA Weekly holds this week. Probably $80k+ by June/july.  

HOLA446
HOLA447
9 minutes ago, markyh said:

Could have been a lot worse, had Tesla said they have dumped the remaining 90% of their BTC holdings, would be a lot worse. 

Bitcoin and crypto has very short memories.  I really cant remember what was supposed to have caused the Feb pullback from $58k to $43k. but it recovered, and in less than 2 months went on to post $65k new ATH. 

The same is most likely to happen, it the 21 EMA Weekly holds this week. Probably $80k+ by June/july.  

Double spend FUD. It showed up quite a few longgone lettuce hands that one.

HOLA448
HOLA449
59 minutes ago, longgone said:

Speed charging.

With extraordinary power comes extraordinary range. The RS e-tron GT can travel up to 283 miles¹ on a single charge; the e-tron GT quattro can go even further at up to 298 miles¹. And when it’s time to recharge, both cars have a 270kW high power charging capacity, which is even faster than our current e-tron and e-tron Sportback models at 150 kW, enabling a recharge of 5-80% in just 22.5 minutes.

It will spend most of its life going from driveway to private school gates and back.

Fab looking car though

😁 Expert advice from someone who has never owned of even driven either. 

nine hours to go 130 miles in our new electric Porsche 

The reality is in a Tesla you never have to worry or even think about charging. In anything else long distance driving is a nightmare, maybe in 5yrs there will be a national charging network but at the moment it's a joke.    

HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

😁 Expert advice from someone who has never owned of even driven either. 

nine hours to go 130 miles in our new electric Porsche 

The reality is in a Tesla you never have to worry or even think about charging. In anything else long distance driving is a nightmare, maybe in 5yrs there will be a national charging network but at the moment it's a joke.    

To get to bournemouth from home there is  only one tesla charger. Lets hope it does not break.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Finally got round to setting up my 5600xt for ETH mining. Got 39.2MH/s at 84C memory temp, but with the fan noise, I just don't think it's worth it.

Perhaps in Winter, but it will be proof of stake by then. Ah well.

HOLA4414

@warpig i appreciate your chart. 

I have no idea on its direction but its nice seeing some indicators which others might be acting upon.

America is just starting to wake up and check phones so the next two hours could be interesting to see if people BTD or Panic.

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA4415
3 minutes ago, longgone said:

To get to bournemouth from home there is  only one tesla charger. Lets hope it does not break.

Have you moved? There are 4 Supercharger 120/250kw sites and dozens of destination 22kw chargers between Bournemouth and London. And unlike other chargers they are always working. 

Tesla Superchargers map: May 2021 | finder.com

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
11 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

@MonsieurCopperCrutchTwo can play that game!  Been busy tonight...I did say I needed more excitement. 🙄😯😁

There I was minding my own business and popped onto Twitter to see a post accusing Musk of crashing the market. 

What happened to your plan of just investing a bits of spare money, you seem to be going all in. Have you

re-mortgaged the house yet and if so have you told your husband.

HOLA4418
14 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

@warpig i appreciate your chart. 

I have no idea on its direction but its nice seeing some indicators which others might be acting upon.

America is just starting to wake up and check phones so the next two hours could be interesting to see if people BTD or Panic.

👍

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
4 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The reality is in a Tesla you never have to worry or even think about charging.

One battery that you might have to worry about charging is the 12V that powers the computer systems.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425